Surviving R Kelly (upcoming documentary)

oldnews

22 minutes ago, soon said:

I guess I'm a dummy? Never heard a thing about a sex cult and holding people against their will. So its already known to be true?

I dunno whether its like a mathematical certainty but its widely reported and the accusations have been flying around for ages, lots of articles, interviews, different sets of accusers out there.  Doesn’t mean to say you’re a dummy presh, people miss shit sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno whether its like a mathematical certainty but its widely reported and the accusations have been flying around for ages, lots of articles, interviews, different sets of accusers out there.  Doesn’t mean to say you’re a dummy presh, people miss shit sometimes.

That's so sad. Is he still playing shows and selling albums, even though people know about all this?

I think the UK media has more hunger to report stuff like this. For better or for worse I don't know where I'd hear about this outside of RS magazine or on our public broadcaster arts and culture show if there was a trial. Im kinda let down that I hadn't seen this in the news. Was being light hearted about dummy, though :)

There's a sex cult with celebrities being unraveled here too, called NXIVM, so I wonder if that gets all the sex cult news space around here. Its all over the news here. What a sickening state of affairs.

3 hours ago, soon said:

That's so sad. Is he still playing shows and selling albums, even though people know about all this?

People in America are expert at ignoring a persons character if you couldn't tell :lol:

R. Kelly can make hits. His career has slowed down now, but the tape of him peeing on an underage girl didn't have much effect.

In fact it became more of a running joke. Yeah its fucked up.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

People in America are expert at ignoring a persons character if you couldn't tell :lol:

R. Kelly can make hits. His career has slowed down now, but the tape of him peeing on an underage girl didn't have much effect.

In fact it became more of a running joke. Yeah its fucked up.

Very true abut the American people :lol: And theres even a connection of weird piss sex between Kelly and Trump!

Whoa, Chappelles Show was a while ago and the way I heard the story omitted the underage part too. I cant believe he still charted after that.

There's loads of people who kinda get a pass for that shit, look at Tekashi Six9ine or however you spell his fuckin' name, him with the technicolour barnet, he was clocked shagging a 13 yr old only a few weeks back.  Mind you, he's just been arrested under the RICO statute but thats to do with rackeeteering, not being a nonce.

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

IIRC All of R Kelly's music was pulled from Apple Music, Spotify, and Pandora due to the allegations. So he isn't necessarily making AS MUCH money as he would otherwise, thankfully. 

This is not true. His music wasn't pulled but rather they stopped promoting it (they removed his music from playlist).