What is the best opioid?

wasted

Fentanyl or oxycodone?

I have liagent tears and minicus is no existent. My health insurance only really covers getting hit by a car and a yearly bodycheck. I’ve tried ibuprofen but my knee is swollen and it’s getting difficult to walk. 

Edited by wasted

For the swelling mix some lavender essential oil and peppermint essential oil in some olive oil. Enough olive oil so you have enough for your needs and enough of the essential oils in it to be fragrant. Mix well. Apply to knee 3-5 times a day, always mixing or shaking the blend before use.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

For the swelling mix some lavender essential oil and peppermint essential oil in some olive oil. Enough olive oil so you have enough for your needs and enough of the essential oils in it to be fragrant. Mix well. Apply to knee 3-5 times a day, always mixing or shaking the blend before use.

The codeine does kill the pain but the oil/lavender mix might help the swelling. The swelling isn’t that bad  unless you look at it. It’s just like a gold ball on your knee. But taking codeine costs money. Whereas oxycodone is pretty cheap. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

The codeine does kill the pain but the oil/lavender mix might help the swelling. The swelling isn’t that bad  unless you look at it. It’s just like a gold ball on your knee. But taking codeine costs money. Whereas oxycodone is pretty cheap. 

Hopefully the lavender and peppermint works for you to reduce swelling. The swelling might be causing some of the pain, too. Keep leg elevated as much as possible, too.

When pain gets too bad, give your nipple a good tweak for distraction.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is what a diet of American junk food and alcohol does to you.

I’m not your rolling wheels, I am the highway. 

It’s actually all because of playing 5-a-side with a Sunderland fan. He didn’t appreciate the Maldini of Leceistershire. The guile, the quick feet were just booted in the air. Now I need opiates to kill the pain. 

Edited by wasted
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Hopefully the lavender and peppermint works for you to reduce swelling. The swelling might be causing some of the pain, too. Keep leg elevated as much as possible, too.

When pain gets too bad, give your nipple a good tweak for distraction.

It’s not that bad yet. It’s more achy. But I’ve always been a cutter so that’s helpful. 

34 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s not that bad yet. It’s more achy. But I’ve always been a cutter so that’s helpful. 

Well, better yet, if you do go buy some essential oils see if they also sell willow bark. Willow bark is great for pain. It should come finely chopped or shredded (preferably from young shoots). Boil up some and add to bath water. It's amazing pain relief! Drink some as tea as well. At some point it gets to unhealthy quantity to drink, but its shitty flavour will stop you well short of that.

Just now, soon said:

Well, better yet, if you do go buy some essential oils see if they also sell willow bark. Willow bark is great for pain. It should come finely chopped or shredded (preferably from young shoots). Boil up some and add to bath water. It's amazing pain relief! Drink some as tea as well. At some point it gets to unhealthy quantity to drink, but its shitty flavour will stop you well short of that.

But oversll opioids must be better? I mean herbal stuff might work if I get it together but how likely is that. I need a pill or somekind of simple cream. 4 Ibuprofen does it but it way over the limit. 

I’m going to the clinic tomorrow anyway they should know. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

But oversll opioids must be better? I mean herbal stuff might work if I get it together but how likely is that. I need a pill or somekind of simple cream. 4 Ibuprofen does it but it way over the limit. 

I’m going to the clinic tomorrow anyway they should know. 

They work wonders for my body and its needs. When I get out of a Willow Bark bath I feel like a superhero. Actually similar to opiate where you are relieved of pains you didnt even know you had.

Stop over doing the Ibuprofen, you need your gut health so you can absorb nutrients to heal!

But glad you see a Dr. Good thing about the topical herbal treatments is that they can be done in addition to what ever medicine that is ingested.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

They work wonders for my body and its needs. When I get out of a Willow Bark bath I feel like a superhero. Actually similar to opiate where you are relieved of pains you didnt even know you had.

Stop over doing the Ibuprofen, you need your gut health so you can absorb nutrients to heal!

But glad you see a Dr. Good thing about the topical herbal treatments is that they can be done in addition to what ever medicine that is ingested.

Inuprofen might explain the shits. 2600mg might be too much. I’ve got these 400mg pills than seem

to numb all pain. 

15 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Have you tried Ralgex?

No, sounds like the name of a bmx bike. 

Ok, I had a cream like that at some point. If I see it I’ll try it. 

Flights seem to make the knee swell up. I guess when I quit ibuprofen ill see what is actually going on. 

Until then 8 cans of stout and Double cheeseburger. Going for full body exam on Thursday. So need to be in peak physical shape and somewhat sober by then. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Whatever your doctor recommends. Oxy or even Vicodin are efficient as painkillers, but all opioids are dangerous and last resort options IMO. Discuss it with a medical professional.

Oh and don't use essential oils or "natural" remedies unless it is recommended by a medical professional. Essential oils tend to vary from "useless placebo" to mildly toxic when applied topically or ingested.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Haha 1