Goin' Down (2013 Leak) Question

Random question: is there a leaked version of Goin’ Down (the 2013 Bumble version) that doesn’t have serious mixing issues? The one I have is has all instruments and vocals panned to one speaker with only Bumble’s licks on the other side. I didn’t know if there was a leak/version where they were evened out. Thanks

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's some fan remasters out there, but the only 'real' version that's leaked is the one you're talking about.

Same thing with Silkworms and Oh My God that leaked last year - Bumblefoot guitar in one channel, everything else in the other channel.

Everyone says Oh My God is Bumblefoot. To my ear is is 90% not him. The intro guitar is already present on the released version, the rhythm guitar doesn't sound like his tone at all (it doesn't match any guitar tone from any of his albums) The solo is classic bucket using either a single coil guitar or using the coil tap thing on his signature LP with a whammy pedal and the ending guitar is already on the album. I hear no BBF-ness on it

3 hours ago, Mendez said:

Everyone says Oh My God is Bumblefoot. To my ear is is 90% not him. The intro guitar is already present on the released version, the rhythm guitar doesn't sound like his tone at all (it doesn't match any guitar tone from any of his albums) The solo is classic bucket using either a single coil guitar or using the coil tap thing on his signature LP with a whammy pedal and the ending guitar is already on the album. I hear no BBF-ness on it

The solo from  2:47 its bumble so Bucket & Bumble both are on the mix

Edited by Finck2006

How many versions really exist of Goin Down?

2013-08-16 leak, (2006 Bumblefoot guitar over older demo) With Axl (Bumblefoot guitar in one channel, everything else in the other channel)

2013-08-16 leak, (2006 Bumblefoot guitar over older demo) With Axl  ("stereo") fanmade

2019-08-28 leak (2001 demo without Axl)

Any more?

15 minutes ago, xfreekx said:

right and that has AXL right? i feel like the first leak of this song had no bumble but did have axl. 

The first leak was the one with Bumble in one channel and everything else in the other channel.

Last year there was a "2002" version leaked, which is the same as the 2013 leak but with Bumble's channel removed.

So really there's 2 versions of the song (2013 leak, and the one from the locker discs) and a few fan-made versions floating around too.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

15 minutes ago, xfreekx said:

right and that has AXL right? i feel like the first leak of this song had no bumble but did have axl. 

Yes it has Axl. It is listed as Going Down 2002 version and came out a couple months ago.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

The first leak was the one with Bumble in one channel and everything else in the other channel.

Last year there was a "2002" version leaked, which is the same as the 2013 leak but with Bumble's channel removed.

So really there's 2 versions of the song (2013 leak, and the one from the locker discs) and a few fan-made versions floating around too.

Shows you how much Bumble butchered the song. The song can actually breath without him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Shows you how much Bumble butchered the song. The song can actually breath without him.

I like Bumble, but it's mind-boggling that there was so much attention to detail in these songs from '99-2002, and then all Ron's parts seem kind of 'rushed'. Like, Axl gave up trying to splice together the best possible guitar track, and just used whatever take Ron sent in... it makes his guitar stick out like a sore thumb at some points. And I don't just mean on Going Down.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Thank for the info.

What day was that 2002 version released?