20 years since the concert at The Joint , Las Vegas 2001

On 11/9/2023 at 3:39 AM, AxlRQ93 said:

do you remember how Axl’s voice sounded? like rip and hob and 02? or any better? 

I really can't remember.  I know the note he held for Jungle was killer like RnRIII!  I also remember his speaking voice was deep as fuck.  They were playing Madagascar (I think) while it turned to the New Year and I can still hear him saying, "well, folks, Happy New Years" after the song ended.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:39 AM, AxlRQ93 said:

do you remember how Axl’s voice sounded? like rip and hob and 02? or any better? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

• 6 months later...
22 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Yep, I was as well. Amazing show. I do recall Finck taking off his guitar and throwing it down I guess over tech issues. I recall being blown away by Bucket’s acoustic solo and yes, Axl had abs. This is the show Slash tried to get in to. 

I remember being so afraid that Axl was going to leave after OMG had all those sound issues. Do you remember he came back out and said that “of course everything was going wrong at the one show he had ever asked to do” I remember relief washed over me like Patrick Bateman getting a good table at Espace. 

• Haha 1

Never understood why there were no bootlegs from those two shows. Sure the security was tight, but so it was on the first HOB a year before. 

I remember back then people were raving about how good OMG sounded, but also Silkworms - those were the last live performances of the CD-era lineup. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Never understood why there were no bootlegs from those two shows. Sure the security was tight, but so it was on the first HOB a year before. 

I remember back then people were raving about how good OMG sounded, but also Silkworms - those were the last live performances of the CD-era lineup. 

It is shocking that between two shows no one recorded it. My guess is someone probably did but just never put it online. These shows are only mythological to a very small subset of the hardcore fan base. 

8 hours ago, Arnuld said:

It is shocking that between two shows no one recorded it. My guess is someone probably did but just never put it online. These shows are only mythological to a very small subset of the hardcore fan base. 

At this point, I just hope an official recording somehow leaks, like the HOB DVD. 

I guess at that point the band wasn't so mysterious anymore, so the professional bootlegers didn't care much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

At this point, I just hope an official recording somehow leaks, like the HOB DVD. 

I guess at that point the band wasn't so mysterious anymore, so the professional bootlegers didn't care much.

That would be amazing if that show leaked. It would be such a trip to see it again after all these years

• Like 2

I probably mentioned this way earlier in the thread but I remember reading a fan review that spoke about red blinking lights on recording devices. Think it was worded that way. Was on some old news archive in a fan page from way back. I can only assume that someone somewhere bootleged at least one of the shows. Aside from the few pics out there there. There has never really even been a lead on who might have them though..if anyone still does

• Like 1
  • Sad 1