Top Gun 2

Is it a cardinal sin that I haven't seen the first? That does look alright, I'll most likely check out the first before this is released. I'm glad I watched, as I had no idea Val Kilmer battled throat cancer, so I've got his documentary from last year lined up for tonight's viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 9:49 AM, Dean said:

Is it a cardinal sin that I haven't seen the first? That does look alright, I'll most likely check out the first before this is released. I'm glad I watched, as I had no idea Val Kilmer battled throat cancer, so I've got his documentary from last year lined up for tonight's viewing.

I would say that it is indeed a cardinal sin. Pretty much every Cruise film until 2000 or so is very much worth seeing, though. 

• 1 month later...

Anybody seen this yet? Went last night to see it on a massive IMAX screen at the BFI in London. Absolutely jaw dropping. I've not stopped grinning since. 

This cinema was phenomenal too. 1 massive screen in a purpose built auditorium on an island in the middle of a busy road. You can only get in via an underground tunnel.

FT2NuGBXoAgnLWU?format=jpg&name=large

FT2NuGCXwAAaqmq?format=jpg&name=large 

Good summer flick. Lots of aerial action and nostalgia. I recommend.

I just never could figure out who "the enemy" was? Political correctness, not naming what country they were? Either way, I liked it.