Tour Merch online?

Just now, stezmacc said:

Does anyone know if the merch sold at gigs are online anywhere? I didn’t have time to get a shirt at London. 

Neither did I. I was there on the Saturday and got to my seat in good time for the 6:45 start and then waited 90 minutes for them to come on! All the time wishing I had gone to check out the merch shops and grabbed myself a t-shirt. So annoying.

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

gnrtourtruck.com but only on days of the show and the shirts are slightly different because they have the big image on the front instead of the back 

Have they been doing that for Europe too? If they have, they should advertize. How is anyone supposed to know?

I ordered one from st Paul's. I love it. But it cost me too much in taxes to make it a regular thing 😄

I've noticed a lot of bootlegs of recent tour merch on Ebay lately, if you're okay with them.

I also tend to keep an eye on GNR's official Amazon store, as they sometimes list tour merchandise or older merchandise at reduced prices. I copped a NITL tour jacket on there for almost half the price it was going on their main website store/tour stalls.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

35 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I've noticed a lot of bootlegs of recent tour merch on Ebay lately, if you're okay with them.

I also tend to keep an eye on GNR's official Amazon store, as they sometimes list tour merchandise or older merchandise at reduced prices. I copped a NITL tour jacket on there for almost half the price it was going on their main website store/tour stalls.

I actually bought a bootleg litho shirt a few years ago.... the quality and print were amazing. Better than the official ones actually. 

I should add I did that because I couldn't get an official one as they were sold out......

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Lio said:

Have they been doing that for Europe too? If they have, they should advertize. How is anyone supposed to know?

I ordered one from st Paul's. I love it. But it cost me too much in taxes to make it a regular thing 😄

You know what, I don't know lol. I haven't bothered looking, just assumed they were.

20 hours ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

I'm surprised they haven't yet taken the same route as the Stones, in just making everything available online, including show specific shirts/lithos. Would cut the bullshit ebaying of everything, and make it all available to the ones who really want it at the affordable prices.

Yeah that’s what I thought they would do? Think AC/DC do this when they tour too? I get that some shirts are exclusive to the gig u attend but it would be nice to get a generic tour shirt with the dates on the back. 

On 7/13/2022 at 11:24 PM, allwaystired said:

I actually bought a bootleg litho shirt a few years ago.... the quality and print were amazing. Better than the official ones actually. 

I should add I did that because I couldn't get an official one as they were sold out......

Yeah, bootlegs often get a bad rap, but some are very good. One of the best GNR shirts i have is a bootleg Uzi Suicide one. The print is great and the shirt holds up pretty well. Some official (tour and non-tour) shirts i got over the last decade or so got damaged pretty easily (e.g. holes or flaky prints). I haven't had many issues with older official shirts or ones from 06/07.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:13 PM, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

I'm surprised they haven't yet taken the same route as the Stones, in just making everything available online, including show specific shirts/lithos. Would cut the bullshit ebaying of everything, and make it all available to the ones who really want it at the affordable prices.

I was at a Stones show yesterday... merch wise very weird :D

The day before the concert I got an e-mail with the Vienna design (litho+shirt) which looks nice... so I wanted to get it. They didn't have it at the stadium. But they had a different Vienna shirt which you can't buy online, the one I wanted wasn't there at all. The Litho was only available at one stand (out of 5). So now I bought the shirt online, it'll be released at 18th August... very very weird.

Edited by davisp

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, bootlegs often get a bad rap, but some are very good. One of the best GNR shirts i have is a bootleg Uzi Suicide one. The print is great and the shirt holds up pretty well. Some official (tour and non-tour) shirts i got over the last decade or so got damaged pretty easily (e.g. holes or flaky prints). I haven't had many issues with older official shirts or ones from 06/07.

There's without doubt been a decline in quality of gig shirts across a lot of bands. They seem so thin now too, when in the past they'd be much thicker material. The bootlegs I bought were thicker and the print just a better quality too.