New Megadeth album - "The Sick, The Dying... And The Dead!"

Cosmo

On 9/7/2022 at 1:22 PM, Gackt said:

It has a fresh sound, I was pleasantly surprised listening through it how it wasn't just Dystopia Part 2.  There weren't really any memorable solos, but the songwriting isn't lacking by any means.  

Yeah, overall I think I preferred Dystopia but the first half of TSTDATD is really strong, IMO. Title track is killer, lead single too. I agree, not a lot of memorable solos (I did like the more melodic bit on the title track though) and I'm pleasantly surprised Dave didn't overdo it on the conspiracy lyrics considering the current scenario.

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Yeah, overall I think I preferred Dystopia but the first half of TSTDATD is really strong, IMO. Title track is killer, lead single too. I agree, not a lot of memorable solos (I did like the more melodic bit on the title track though) and I'm pleasantly surprised Dave didn't overdo it on the conspiracy lyrics considering the current scenario.

Oh definitely, you even got tracks like Mission to Mars which are just for fun compared to being this serious political album some expect out of Dave.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Pretty sad to see Kiko exit. I really liked the phrasing and personality he added to Marty's stuff particularly. 

Teemu seems an absolute monster player. Very faithful to the source material, he's obviously done his homework. I just don't hear a lot of his own personality coming through like I did with Kiko.

• Like 2