original concept for Estranged Video

if i remember well the Estranged video was going to be part of the story told in "Don't cry" and "November rain", but Axl split with Stephanie and the video filmed was adapted to the new situation.

Does anybody know more about the original idea of the videoclip?

Thanks!

P.d. Why was rhe video released  months later TSI was published?

By the time we got to “Estranged,” Axl had split up with Stephanie Seymour, and he said, “I never want a girl in a video again. I’d rather go out with a dolphin.” Which is why I put dolphins all over the video. I’ve been asked by students about the metaphorical imagery in those videos, and I’m like, “Fuck if I know.”

:lol:

9 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

Sai, quando vedi il video, non è niente di così frenetico come lo era, in quel momento. Sono arrivato a... L'abbiamo fatto agli Universal Studios, e ho pensato che sarebbe stato in una specie di serbatoio o qualcosa del genere. E ci arrivo ed è il set di "Jaws", giusto. Che è un'enorme laguna, laguna artificiale. E avevano... ragazzi in moto d'acqua, enormi ventilatori idraulici che facevano succedere la tempesta. Tutto quel cielo dietro di me, lo sfondo. E l'acqua era tipo, non so, dieci sotto zero. Ho dovuto starci dentro dalle otto di notte alle otto del mattino. Va bene, mancano tre pessimi secondi al video. [ride] […] I paramedici mi controllavano per ipotermia e tutto il resto. È stato un incubo. […] E poi, sai, il video esce ed è come se salti fuori dall'acqua e ce l'hai... un po' di assolo di chitarra. E poi è finita. […] E tutti i colpi di Axl in acqua erano a Miami o in un serbatoio d'acqua a 92 gradi

SLASH   -97.7 HTZ-FM, gennaio 1994

LOL HAHAHAH

It was after this, that Slash decided to leave band 😂

Ps: all kidding aside, one of my favorite videos and song

• Like 1