A challenge.

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I feel both VR albums were excellently mixed and mastered. If only Absurd and Hard Skool were.

Libertad sounds great, I agree. Although it's very Brendan O'brien-y and clean. Like everyone is in the studio drinking espressos, wearing knit sweaters with their glasses on -- doing the professional album thing. I liked it way more than Contraband when it came out, but now it sounds totally disjointed and heartless to me. 

Contraband, I think is, oppressively "loud." But the songs hold up way better.

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, Billy Cundy said:

yes I’m sure dizzy laps up the adoration.

Oh yeah. And both in Vienna and Gdansk they just ignored everyone around and rather sat in the car for 5 minutes, than deal with the couple of fans that were there. Only when the Dead Daisies showed them how to deal with fans a while later, who were totally gratious and talked to all the fans that where there (before that they were hanging out at the hotel bar with the hired members of GNR), they did the same as to not be upstaged by the Dead Daisies. Totally fake assholes (hired GNR, not Dead Daisies).

21 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh yeah. And both in Vienna and Gdansk they just ignored everyone around and rather sat in the car for 5 minutes, than deal with the couple of fans that were there. Only when the Dead Daisies showed them how to deal with fans a while later, who were totally gratious and talked to all the fans that where there (before that they were hanging out at the hotel bar with the hired members of GNR), they did the same as to not be upstaged by the Dead Daisies. Totally fake assholes (hired GNR, not Dead Daisies).

what year was this? I imagine they are less fan friendly now as the band is much bigger. not for security reasons, just because they think they can be more dickish.

But also, it's hard to bash them for one show when they might stay around loads of other nights

Only gonna post about the members I have an opinion about

Dizzy- his live playing on Estranged and SOD+ his excitement

Matt- Kickass drummer period.

Gilby- Wild Horses+his playing on the Spaghetti album

Thomas Eugene Stinson- simply a punkrock cool bass player and had a great sound with the band, in my eyes he was the only suitable replacement to Duff

Buckethead- TWAT solo, one of my faves ever and the man was just insane on the guitar

Richard- lots of energy onstage + can play basically anything you ask him to and goes well with slash

Robin Finck kinda created the CD sound with his playing for me and I like that, on classic GN'R songs I found him less.

Bumblefoot- great guitar player loved hear his playing live+ great guy and also a fighter went on your through a lot of pain after an accident.

DJ Ashna- lovely onstage chemistry with Axl and just funny to watch onstage+ the drumstick thing during Madagascar was interesting 

Frank- love him or hate him he's groovy and knows how to bring the vibe from AFD songs and DTJ intro jam is badass!!

Brain- was a welcome drummer to fill Matt's seat 

• Like 1

I don't think Matt's wildlife activism has been mentioned yet. Some people hate him for it but I for one appreciate it. I'm not naive enough to believe that celebrities are always 100% sincere with their advocacy for good causes, but at least he supports some good organizations, such as Animals Asia, and doesn't seem completely clueless on the issues.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, Sweersa said:

I wish they included Messages on the CD.

I never understood why it wasn’t. One of the greatest things Scott ever did musically. Shame they picked the best song to be a bonus side b. Wish psycho killer was included on the main album too. 

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty
  • Like 1

Melissa made GNR History as first and only Female GNR Member! 😛😁  And she's the youngest, people in her age group would generally be more interested in joining Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion, not Guns N Roses who are full of middle aged Musicians and Singers.