Returning....

Hi All, 

I am a returning member, just discovered this on google, looks like I last used the forum in 2006 !!! lol

I seem to remember I help set this up right back in the beginning with some graphics, but I might be confusing this site with another !

Who is the owner, is it the original owner and do you remember that far back.....

Anyway, since i have been gone....... Progress has been made.... never thought back in 2006 I would ever see the original band back together.

And never thought we would have to wait SO long for another album!!

Got be be this year right ?

• Like 1

Just remembered why I left in the first place, it would seem that in 2006 when all the leaks from CD started appearing these forums were restricted in even discussing the leaks.

It would appear that I was very vocal about this at the time and upset a few MODS and admins <_<

I have just read some of the messages from 16 years ago lol

I'm older, wiser and not that hyped about it all anymore, So I will behave lol

Sit and wait for the New Album

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Welcome back! Care for an update?

Slash is back in the band! Unfortunately his guitar skills are not.

Duff is back too. He has a Prince tattoo on his bass guitar or something and instead of writing songs he is now writing entire books!

Someone got Axl one of those modern cell phones with a build in alarm clock for christmas and now he is never late! Dude is so punctual now that concerts begin when half the audience is still at work. Unfortunately, his voice still operates on Axl time, I hear he sounds absolutely fantastic at 3 am! The flipside to that is that the cell phone came with the Twitter app, so being the progressive artist he is, instead of writing songs on the piano, Axl is now typing one-liners into a tiny computer.

Axl also helped AC/DC finish a tour when Brian was sick. During the tour, Axl poured his heart out to Angus about Slash, so Angus said; "Don't worry Axl, I will help you. Slash has some real talent. Let me just show him how to play guitar properly, so you can sing as great in your own band as you did in mine, ok?" Reportedly, Axl was overwhelmed with gratitude and relief, some say he cried of joy for three weeks straight and that's what ruined his voice.

There's a girl in the band now. I don't know what she does, but she's there. Think Chris Pitman, but prettier and without the towel.

Rocket Queen and KOHD are now 40 minutes long. Each. Which is why Izzy and Steven could not be part of the so called reunion. By the time the these songs eventually, finally, come to an end during rehearsals, Izzy had written three albums of original songs and Steven laid down some of the best rock drums ever for three more. So what where they supposed to do - record a new album with these guys? They just had to throw them under the bus, you need to understand that.

Ticket prices went up a little. To see GNR now, you need to donate one entire month's salary to the Slash's Ex-Wife Foundation (Est. 2016) and another one to the Axl's Entourage Corporation Inc. and you can be sure to have great seat only ten miles behind the FOH!

Great time to be a fan!

Great update....:lol:

9 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Welcome back! Care for an update?

Slash is back in the band! Unfortunately his guitar skills are not.

Duff is back too. He has a Prince tattoo on his bass guitar or something and instead of writing songs he is now writing entire books!

Someone got Axl one of those modern cell phones with a build in alarm clock for christmas and now he is never late! Dude is so punctual now that concerts begin when half the audience is still at work. Unfortunately, his voice still operates on Axl time, I hear he sounds absolutely fantastic at 3 am! The flipside to that is that the cell phone came with the Twitter app, so being the progressive artist he is, instead of writing songs on the piano, Axl is now typing one-liners into a tiny computer.

Axl also helped AC/DC finish a tour when Brian was sick. During the tour, Axl poured his heart out to Angus about Slash, so Angus said; "Don't worry Axl, I will help you. Slash has some real talent. Let me just show him how to play guitar properly, so you can sing as great in your own band as you did in mine, ok?" Reportedly, Axl was overwhelmed with gratitude and relief, some say he cried of joy for three weeks straight and that's what ruined his voice.

There's a girl in the band now. I don't know what she does, but she's there. Think Chris Pitman, but prettier and without the towel.

Rocket Queen and KOHD are now 40 minutes long. Each. Which is why Izzy and Steven could not be part of the so called reunion. By the time the these songs eventually, finally, come to an end during rehearsals, Izzy had written three albums of original songs and Steven laid down some of the best rock drums ever for three more. So what where they supposed to do - record a new album with these guys? They just had to throw them under the bus, you need to understand that.

Ticket prices went up a little. To see GNR now, you need to donate one entire month's salary to the Slash's Ex-Wife Foundation (Est. 2016) and another one to the Axl's Entourage Corporation Inc. and you can be sure to have great seat only ten miles behind the FOH!

Great time to be a fan!

Lol - thanks for the update......

I am still hyped to see the new album hopefully soonish....

But I have no intention of seeing them live, after looking at some the recent you tube gig footage...

Here goes, some people wont like this....

The band all look cool enough, and sound good enough.... except Axl, his vocals are nothing like they used to be, and I get a mid life crisis old man trying to be cool on stage vibe from him. To the point of being cringy.

I last saw them at Reading Festival 2010, and it was a good gig, and I would of sold my house to see the three of them together again at that point, but that's not the case anymore.

AFD is one the greatest albums of all time. Everything else from this band has been very good but a a let down compared to AFD.

• Like 1