07/22/23 - Athens, GR - Olympic Stadium

downzy

We have a few. Check out Granello. It's close to Syntagma square.

Mystic also is a great choise close to Kalimarmaro stadium.

But, the right question is "where I can find the best souvlaki".

For that one just go to Kostas in Ag. Eirinis square. It's close to Monastiraki.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

We have a few. Check out Granello. It's close to Syntagma square.

Mystic also is a great choise close to Kalimarmaro stadium.

But, the right question is "where I can find the best souvlaki".

For that one just go to Kostas in Ag. Eirinis square. It's close to Monastiraki.

I don't eat meat, so souvlaki won't do it for me. As tasty as it might be. But thanks for the other suggestions 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I will buck to your better knowledge but I don't think I remember coverage like this any other year for the area on our UK news, so it must be particularly bad this year? We'll see. I hope it goes forward...better have massive fucking fans on stage ! 

I did check the heat for Saturday and temp only seems to drop 1 or two degrees between starting at 20:00 or 22:00...I'm guessing humidity would be less but not a massive difference? The sun being down of course helps! 

Last year was even worse, no cancellation took place. Some thing going on today as Artic Monkeys are headlining 2 dates back 2 back in an open area venue. Nothing got cancelled whatsoever. 

At 20:00 expect a temperature of about 35-36oC. 

Bon Jovi in 2011 played the same venue under 42oC. Nothing stopped them, Jon was even dressed up in leather for reasons unknown during the main set 🤣

Stay hydrated, get hats and sunscreen and you will be fine. At about 6pm there’s shadow inside the stadium, by 8pm I think the sun will be completely gone. Arena, if I recall correctly won’t have much trouble after 6pm

7 minutes ago, thetiesthatbind said:

Last year was even worse, no cancellation took place. Some thing going on today as Artic Monkeys are headlining 2 dates back 2 back in an open area venue. Nothing got cancelled whatsoever. 

At 20:00 expect a temperature of about 35-36oC. 

Bon Jovi in 2011 played the same venue under 42oC. Nothing stopped them, Jon was even dressed up in leather for reasons unknown during the main set 🤣

Stay hydrated, get hats and sunscreen and you will be fine. At about 6pm there’s shadow inside the stadium, by 8pm I think the sun will be completely gone. Arena, if I recall correctly won’t have much trouble after 6pm

So glad!!! Wouldn't want any date, may as well the last of the Euro tour, which I'm sure they'll put on an extra special show for!! Especially if what Fernando allegedly said is true...

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So glad!!! Wouldn't want any date, may as well the last of the Euro tour, which I'm sure they'll put on an extra special show for!! Especially if what Fernando allegedly said is true...

What did he say if I may ask? 
Show will sell out in the next few days. We have a tendency in Greece not to buy tickets way earlier than the show 🤣

Also will be the first show of GNR with Slash and Duff since User Your Illusion tour 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thetiesthatbind said:

Show will sell out in the next few days. We have a tendency in Greece not to buy tickets way earlier than the show 🤣

Also will be the first show of GNR with Slash and Duff since User Your Illusion tour 

You think the crowd will be argentina-like?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What did he say?

9 minutes ago, thetiesthatbind said:

Apparently he said, last EURO dates for quite sometime, whatever that means...

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1

22 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Oh yeah. Greek crowds are way different compared to rest of Europe. It’s closer to Latin American crowds. Really passionate . 

Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora were in awe for at least 1 year for the crowd they met. Kept mentioning Greece as a remarkable stop, was also their first time ever in Greece.
Here’s a video from 2011 during Wanted Dead or Alive 

The audience will be pretty similar, I bet most of the people attending will be the same, plus younger generations, that’s why I use BJ as a reference point. 

PS. Don’t know if anyone is into Coldplay here but they will be doing 2 shows in Greece next year. official announcement on Thursday 

Edited by thetiesthatbind
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

We're past that.. We have a lot of people here whining about Ax etc.

Also, does anyone know if the official merchandise will be inside the stadium?