07/22/23 - Athens, GR - Olympic Stadium

downzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 4:06 PM, geeheart said:

Will be there with a friend. Bought two GA Tickets. Why don't they offer FOS or Golden Circle here? 

Cause it wouldn't be affordable. Also the promoter fucked it up big time during the Iron Maiden concert last year where they introduced GC/FOS. The FOS barrier was in the middle of the field (what a joke) :D

There might be a long catwalk though in order to separate the crowds and for security measures as well. 

Show will be sold out no doubt. The crowd will be on fire, will be one of a kind experience.

People are pretty hyped about it here. GNR wanted to play in Greece and lowered their fee in order to make it possible, this is why the tickets are also cheaper and there's no GC. 

Hopefully there won't be any flares (though I doubt it).

There won't be any wristbands or divider. Early entries will have 15-20 mins earlier entrance (irrelevant). 

Edited by thetiesthatbind

12 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Are you certain that will be the case?

99.9% certain. The Early Entrance tickets were just an alternative to no GC. But make no mistake, it's not a GC. 

It would be illegal as well as they don't show it on the chart. If on the Seating Map there's no divider / barrier visible and they introduce one, could even get sued for it (I'd guess).

In Bruce Springsteen concerts, where there was no FoS/GC, there was the pit which was a divided area and the fans would queue up, and enter the pit (limited number of people though everyone had GA tickets).

But anyway, I don't think that will be the case here. Most likely, there will be a catwalk going through the middle of the stage to keep it separate. 

Early Entrance tickets are very limited anyway, and as I said it's not on the seating plan. 

I think I've asked them if there will be a separate section on the phone too and I had received a negative answer about it. 

15 minutes ago, thetiesthatbind said:

99.9% certain. The Early Entrance tickets were just an alternative to no GC. But make no mistake, it's not a GC. 

It would be illegal as well as they don't show it on the chart. If on the Seating Map there's no divider / barrier visible and they introduce one, could even get sued for it (I'd guess).

In Bruce Springsteen concerts, where there was no FoS/GC, there was the pit which was a divided area and the fans would queue up, and enter the pit (limited number of people though everyone had GA tickets).

But anyway, I don't think that will be the case here. Most likely, there will be a catwalk going through the middle of the stage to keep it separate. 

Early Entrance tickets are very limited anyway, and as I said it's not on the seating plan. 

I think I've asked them if there will be a separate section on the phone too and I had received a negative answer about it. 

How about safety issues when there's no barriers in the standing section? Also i fear i might be fucked lithowise, if they dont sell the stuff outside the stadium.

I don't think it is illegal to put up barriers for safety reasons. In Germany it might actually be law playing big audiences. But I always wondered how people keep their lithos pristine during a show. Are cardboard tubes allowed inside? After the show, everything might be sold out. 

5 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How about safety issues when there's no barriers in the standing section? Also i fear i might be fucked lithowise, if they dont sell the stuff outside the stadium.

The safety measure will be just what I mentioned, the big catwalk cutting the arena to half up to a certain point. Anything else would make no sense. 

Early Entrance is like 300-400 tickets and most of them are left unsold (atm) so it wouldn't make a difference or sense to give them a separate area. 

Edited by thetiesthatbind
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2023 at 6:30 PM, fernandoGNR said:

Exactly, I thought the same about Golden Circle. Only GA. How early do you think peolpe should be at the venue ir order to be front row?

Well, considering there is also early entry, I would settle for second row. Or front row way on the side.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:25 AM, geeheart said:

But I always wondered how people keep their lithos pristine during a show. Are cardboard tubes allowed inside? After the show, everything might be sold out. 

Loads of people take tubes to protect them, not sure what it’s like venue to venue though. I bought one of the GNR tote type bags they sell at the merch store and put it in there semi rolled up and tied it to my belt. It’s a pain in the arse protecting it all the time though and folks pushing backwards and forwards seem he’ll bent on destroying it.  One bloke had his flattened as he put it on the floor next to him. Looked like he was going to cry 🤣.  Tube is the way to go. 

• Haha 1