09/17/23 - Atlanta, GA - Music Midtown Festival (Piedmont Park)

downzy

• 4 weeks later...

That's awesome! It'll be my first show since 2017; I'm super excited about the setlist and hearing the "new songs" live! I'll be going with my cousin, who's not a GNR fan but knows about them because of me and thinks of them as legends. 

1 hour ago, Gun-Z said:

That's awesome! It'll be my first show since 2017; I'm super excited about the setlist and hearing the "new songs" live! I'll be going with my cousin, who's not a GNR fan but knows about them because of me and thinks of them as legends. 

Haha spoken as a true gunner lol. Hopefully Axl heals up and we have a good weekend!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, djtripp20 said:

Haha spoken as a true gunner lol. Hopefully Axl heals up and we have a good weekend!

YES!! I hope so too, I guess we'll find out soon if tomorrow's show will happen. I see on your signature that you saw them in Orlando in 2011, I was at that show too, front row. Great times!

10 minutes ago, Gun-Z said:

YES!! I hope so too, I guess we'll find out soon if tomorrow's show will happen. I see on your signature that you saw them in Orlando in 2011, I was at that show too, front row. Great times!

Dude we must have been right next to each other! I was on the front row too. When Ron put his guitar in the crowd, I was the one strumming the strings lol!

IMG_1203.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, djtripp20 said:

Dude we must have been right next to each other! I was on the front row too. When Ron put his guitar in the crowd, I was the one strumming the strings lol!

IMG_1203.jpg

Wow, I remember that, very cool! I was front row center and got Ron's pic! https://flic.kr/p/2p2qwqH This was my view, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to post a pic in this forum!

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not going, not the safest part of Atlanta and no interest in all the rappers on the bill. Wish they had done an arena show instead. Been raining all weekend here, but forecast looks like it will be clear when they get onstage. 

Honestly we've been here each night so far and it's been really fun. It got pretty muddy yesterday but it's not terrible. We're staying right down the street and walk to and from the show without any issues. Even took the scooters last night lol

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I live like 20 minutes away. But just did not want to sit thru a bunch of stuff I have zero interest in. Has got to be the strangest lineup ever. 🙄

Yeah it's been a mix for sure. My wife's favorite was Pink so we were in the front for that, but the rest we've just been chilling in the back on a blanket and drinking lol. It's been fun watching people fall in the mud too

Edited by djtripp20
  • Haha 2