Taylor Swift Eras

axl666

Just saw it. I get it now and her popularity. I'd always liked her music in an ambient way. She's actually a phenomenal live performer though. She moves as much on the stage as Axl at his peak but has total voice control. It's next level stuff she's doing. You can tell that she's a total pro at what she does.

You can tell she's very influenced by musicals. Her stage reminded me of things like Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera.

• Like 1

I love her early country / pop material. Fearless is just banger after banger (whether you like to admit it or not) and Speak Now is a top to bottom lyrical masterpiece. Her ability to tell a story in three minutes and invest you in the characters is right up there. After Red I lost interest. An all pop direction didn’t really appeal to me. I still like a few songs from each album but nowhere near how I feel about Fearless and Speak Now.

Taylor at the moment though is beyond Marvel levels of over saturation. She. Is. Everywhere. The Eras Tour is the biggest tour at the moment and has released seven albums between now and when the pandemic started. 

Plus most of her fans are absolutely batshit crazy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't seen eras but I started to like her music after I hate listened to Folklore out of boredom. Don't really like the early stuff but Reputation, folklore, evermore, mightnights.. She's a great lyricist in my opinion. People who say she only writes teeny breakup songs have never actually listened to her stuff. 

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I could never be a fan of someone who wears diapers on stage so she doesn't have to take a break, sorry.

Where did you hear that from? I've seen some fans say they wear em, not Taylor. 

I've got no problem with her.  Her music isn't really meant for people like me.  It's lyrically driven, which doesn't really work for me. 

But from what I hear, her performances are over the top and a worthy spectacle.

To each their own.  Like what you like.  Anyone who hates this woman needs to get their heads checked.

• Like 1

I got dragged down the Swift rabbit hole after my daughter told me to sit down and seriously listen to some of her stuff just before Christmas.  Now my daughter is a big rocker and Guns is her favourite band, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and eventually did that.  And I get it now.  

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VampireSoul said:

Haven't seen eras but I started to like her music after I hate listened to Folklore out of boredom. Don't really like the early stuff but Reputation, folklore, evermore, mightnights.. She's a great lyricist in my opinion. People who say she only writes teeny breakup songs have never actually listened to her stuff. 

Where did you hear that from? I've seen some fans say they wear em, not Taylor. 

There's a video circulating where it's clearly seen.

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I could never be a fan of someone who wears diapers on stage so she doesn't have to take a break, sorry.

Yea, I read something whenever her tour started about fans wearing them so they wouldn't miss a second of the show, but this is the first I've heard of this rumour. I know basically nothing about her, but aren't there several stage set-up and costume changes throughout her show? Not like she's on stage for 4 hours straight, and most of her outfits probably wouldn't hide it well... :shrugs:

• Like 1