Where do we go now?

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This Slash "Blues Oriented" album is the most exciting thing since the reunion.

SMKC hit its peak with WoF.. That was killer album and the music was strong enough to outshine Myles.. He is a nice guy and all and better live but he is generic and stale as hell which rubs off on the music. I have zero interest in SMKC anymore. Even more so since the reunion where I can see Slash play GnR songs. 

No interest in Duff's solo stuff.. Especially after the woke cringy Tenderness album. 

Guns themselves are stale themselves these days.. Every one of the "Chinese Leftovers" are crap.. The lineup is sterile and don't do a decent amount of songs justice. Axl is a shell of his former self.. I will still see them live if they come around but it isn't top priority..

I am stoked for this Slash album/tour.. I hope it takes off and becomes an annual thing..

Pretty much spot on exactly how I feel. Things in the GNR universe have been flooded with uninspired releases and projects since 2018 when the first release post GNR-reunion came out, LTD, and completely shattered my expectations with what would become of that band after such an incredible string of albums that were just getting better.

But also the new GNR singles, were pretty much not any better. Most of the time the waiting for it coming out ended up being more exciting than the release itself, how disappointing is that? Perhaps was really the only one moment where I felt pretty good about it.

I have a feeling this album will make up for it and that it can be listened to for a long time, with 70 minutes it has near WoF length to it which makes up for things somewhat.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 3/11/2024 at 7:31 PM, allwaystired said:

Does it? I thought they were all on decent enough terms with each other? Obviously the Scott Weiland thing casts a shadow, but I can honestly see them doing VR again in some form. 

Hell, bring in Fortus, Dizzy and Melissa as well! That might give Axl a kick up the arse.

No they were all bickering. The only one that wasn't was Dave Kushner. 

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Pretty much spot on exactly how I feel. Things in the GNR universe have been flooded with uninspired releases and projects since 2018 when the first release post GNR-reunion came out, LTD, and completely shattered my expectations with what would become of that band after such an incredible string of albums that were just getting better.

But also the new GNR singles, were pretty much not any better. Most of the time the waiting for it coming out ended up being more exciting than the release itself, how disappointing is that? Perhaps was really the only one moment where I felt pretty good about it.

I have a feeling this album will make up for it and that it can be listened to for a long time, with 70 minutes it has near WoF length to it which makes up for things somewhat.

Well I don't know about making up for all the uninspired stuff they've shovelled out, but it would be nice if this album was a proper corker!

• 4 weeks later...

I guess Duff announcing shows later in the year confirms that Guns is done for 2024 at least. 

I wonder will they come back next year? 

Also wonder whether I really want them to if touring and Monster is all they’ve got. :lol:

43 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I guess Duff announcing shows later in the year confirms that Guns is done for 2024 at least. 

I wonder will they come back next year? 

Also wonder whether I really want them to if touring and Monster is all they’ve got. :lol:

They also have shitty Atlas Shrugged lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Which isn’t confirmed yet and I hope it’s not.

It was only pulled from CD due to time constraint reasons, so I don't see it not coming out, other than for Slash or Duff saying this is shit to Axl, which they won't do when they even said yes to The General lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It was only pulled from CD due to time constraint reasons, so I don't see it not coming out, other than for Slash or Duff saying this is shit to Axl, which they won't do when they even said yes to The General lol.

Hope dies last

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Hope dies last

Honestly if they have some actual good songs like Oklahoma in the can, and break out some more UYI cuts like Breakdown, Shotgun Blues and The Garden, that would be enough to go on another tour without a new album. I'd go see that. But just going out with Monsters and Atlas seems a bit thin, but they will probably do that if the demand is there ticket wise.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

21 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Honestly if they have some actual good songs like Oklahoma in the can, and break out some more UYI cuts like Breakdown, Shotgun Blues and The Garden, that would be enough to go on another tour without a new album. I'd go see that. But just going out with Monsters and Atlas seems a bit thin, but they will probably do that if the demand is there ticket wise.

Yeah I don’t expect them to release more than what they’re saying and that’s another one two combo of “new” singles with Monsters being one of them.

If we’re lucky we get another video for one of the singles. There’s nothing more to come before the next world tour, if you ask me.

• Like 2