Where do we go now?

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

why can't you say that, though about a cover? you put something of yourself as a musician in a cover as well.

I'm not. But something that's entirely new absolutely cannot be "uninspired" if a cover is "inspired" 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DoMw94

I'm still hoping for better tracks than 'Killing Floor' as I didn't really care for that.

If The album is a dud, than I hope for SMKC to do another record. Some may find it boring but to me it's the kind or rock n roll that Slash is perfect for.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Crazy how Slash released two albums with SMKC and now this since GN'R reunited, meanwhile GN'R just released leftovers(crappy ones at that). 

Maybe Axl really needs to have the stars aligned or whatever before he can do something, as Steven Tyler wrote in his book. 

Fixed for you…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Imagine on the next Guns record they have Myles Kennedy singing on a few of the Village instrumentals Axl didn't finish. :P 

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm still hoping for better tracks than 'Killing Floor' as I didn't really care for that.

If The album is a dud, than I hope for SMKC to do another record. Some may find it boring but to me it's the kind or rock n roll that Slash is perfect for.

I'd imagine SMKC will do another album regardless. I agree- it's decent rock n roll, a fun listen, and I hope they do more stuff. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd imagine SMKC will do another album regardless. I agree- it's decent rock n roll, a fun listen, and I hope they do more stuff. 

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

He already announced that he will record an SMKC record later this year and even if not… I guess if something is guaranteed, than it’s Slash will keep making music till he drops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Crazy how Slash released an album with SMKC and now this since GN'R reunited, meanwhile GN'R just released leftovers(crappy ones at that). 

Maybe Axl really needs to have the stars aligned or whatever before he can do something, as Steven Tyler wrote in his book. 

2 SMKC albums actually 

• Like 1

I always find it interesting to read posts from people hoping for a VR reunion. I started listening to Slash around 2010, so to me VR is just another one of his numerous pre-Myles solo groups. I need to give them a proper deep dive. Would a VR reunion without Scott actually have different traction versus SMKC?

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

2 SMKC albums actually 

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Fixed for you…

Fuck. I keep forgetting Living the Dream. lol. I know I missed something. I just didn't enjoy the album tbh. 

That said, more face palm. Axl got a workaholic guitarist and they are not getting any younger. He should take advantage.

That said, love Killing Floor. Reminds me of Joe Perry's  Stop Messin' Around in Aerosmith's own blues album, Honkin on Bobo.

1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

I always find it interesting to read posts from people hoping for a VR reunion. I started listening to Slash around 2010, so to me VR is just another one of his numerous pre-Myles solo groups. I need to give them a proper deep dive. Would a VR reunion without Scott actually have different traction versus SMKC?

Scott Weiland is one of the greatest frontmen of all time and he was the reason VR were so successful. To do a reunion without him such as an album and tour would be insulting to all. A one off tribute show playing the songs with a few different singers? Hell yeah.

This Slash "Blues Oriented" album is the most exciting thing since the reunion.

SMKC hit its peak with WoF.. That was killer album and the music was strong enough to outshine Myles.. He is a nice guy and all and better live but he is generic and stale as hell which rubs off on the music. I have zero interest in SMKC anymore. Even more so since the reunion where I can see Slash play GnR songs. 

No interest in Duff's solo stuff.. Especially after the woke cringy Tenderness album. 

Guns themselves are stale themselves these days.. Every one of the "Chinese Leftovers" are crap.. The lineup is sterile and don't do a decent amount of songs justice. Axl is a shell of his former self.. I will still see them live if they come around but it isn't top priority..

I am stoked for this Slash album/tour.. I hope it takes off and becomes an annual thing..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Crazy how Slash released an album with SMKC and now this since GN'R reunited, meanwhile GN'R just released leftovers(crappy ones at that). 

Picture this: 

It’s 2014. Axl is on his second Vegas Residency. Duff and Axl have kissed and made up after 17 years. You try to imagine what the next 10 years of GNR is going to look like…

Imagine someone telling you at that time that in 2 short years Axl, Slash, Duff (and Steven technically on some shows…) would reunite together for the first time on stage since 1993, Slash would play 9 of the 14 songs on Chinese Democracy during the tour, and Axl would sing Slither, and all of the things you just mentioned in your post….

And after EIGHT years of all of that ^ at the end of the day we’ll still be worried about the same thing we were worried about in 2014: “is Slash gunna put out another album after the one he puts out this year?” 

4 hours ago, bmus1 said:

You really don't need to give VR a 'deep dive'- they only made two albums! 

I'd like to see them reunited with a different singer to hear what they'd sound like and what they could write. It would be different of course, but I think it could work. From what others have said on this thread though it seems unlikely, even though they did spend quite some time auditioning for a new singer to replace Scott, if memory serves. 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You really don't need to give VR a 'deep dive'- they only made two albums! 

I'd like to see them reunited with a different singer to hear what they'd sound like and what they could write. It would be different of course, but I think it could work. From what others have said on this thread though it seems unlikely, even though they did spend quite some time auditioning for a new singer to replace Scott, if memory serves. 

Lol lemme rephrase; I need to listen to the 2nd album more than once :lol:

45 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

Lol lemme rephrase; I need to listen to the 2nd album more than once :lol:

Haha! Didn't get very well received the second one, but I think it's totally as good as the first. A lot of people would disagree with me though! 

• Like 2

Wasn't Corey Taylor very nearly the singer of VR?

But VR came around at the hight of Slipknots popularity and Coreys drug addiction in 2002... I think Corey almost killed himself very nearly after this in 2003 or 2004, not because he didn't get the job or anything, just because drugs and alcohol are super dangerous to be messing around with.

Apparently Corey went as far as to audition and Record 10 songs.... Now are those songs that Scott eventually changed the lyrics to?

It looks like Corey is dealing with a lot of personal stuff right now.... If Guns really are gunna be dormant into 2025 and 2026, I wouldn't mind seeing a "one" of, or a small tour run of VR shows with Corey Taylor as the singer.... I think that hardest thing would be getting Sorum on board with it now that Duff and Slash's wealth probably eclipses everything Sorum has made in his lifetime :lol:

And what has Dave Kushner been up to since Velvet Revolver split? Soundtracks? 

Have Axl guest on Slither and hug Sorum when its all said and done, and boom. It would also act as a good tribute to Scott, which none of his former bands have seem to have done since his death if we're being honest... 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

But VR came around at the hight of Slipknots popularity and Coreys drug addiction in 2002... I think Corey almost killed himself very nearly after this in 2003 or 2004, not because he didn't get the job or anything, just because drugs and alcohol are super dangerous to be messing around with.

Apparently Corey went as far as to audition and Record 10 songs.... Now are those songs that Scott eventually changed the lyrics to?

It looks like Corey is dealing with a lot of personal stuff right now.... If Guns really are gunna be dormant into 2025 and 2026, I wouldn't mind seeing a "one" of, or a small tour run of VR shows with Corey Taylor as the singer.... I think that hardest thing would be getting Sorum on board with it now that Duff and Slash's wealth probably eclipses everything Sorum has made in his lifetime :lol:

Have Axl guest on Slither and hug Sorum when its all said and done, and boom. It would also act as a good tribute to Scott, which none of his former bands have seem to have done since his death if we're being honest... 

Corey Taylor jammed with them and recorded the 10 songs after Scott was let go, not back in 2002 or so.

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Corey auditioned after Scott passt away. Slash decided last minute that it doesn’t work with Taylor. I‘d like to hear these songs, though

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Haha! Didn't get very well received the second one, but I think it's totally as good as the first. A lot of people would disagree with me though! 

I loved Libertad. I thought it was every bit as good as Contraband.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I loved Libertad. I thought it was every bit as good as Contraband.

I liked it a lot as well. I've always accounted its failure less to the quality of the music and more to the fact that, in 2007, rock bands (other than a very few select legacy acts) were out of vogue and music piracy was at its all-time high. Contraband had been a very weird moment of the world collectively being interested in a new rock band in the early-mid 2000s, but that was also built of the legacy of Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, and seeing all of these guys out in the public again (I think people have genuinely forgotten that Slash really had fallen off the radar to the general public in the late 1990s/early 2000s). I think Libertad was just people "moving on." Liking the album a lot, I was always kind of bummed that everyone other than Matt seemed to think it was not a particularly good album.

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1