What was your very first impression of Axl? πŸ˜€πŸ€”πŸ’‘

My very first impression of Axl was watching Sweet Child Of Mine music video and I thought,"I love how clear the Lead Singer's voice is. He's wailing and I can still hear every single word he's singing clearly. I don't even need to look up the lyrics on Google to understand what he is saying! His voice is as clear as DVD on digital TV screens like TLC No Scrubs lyric goes! πŸ˜€πŸ€­Β  I love how he says,"Child," and not "Chile!" πŸ˜€ Boy, I didn't know what I was getting into with his hard a LOT of Axl's lyrics are to understand! 🀭🀣

Β 

This is technically not my very FIRST impression(It's technically my second impression) , but at the time, radio and music channels would mostly ONLY play Sweet Child Of Mine so I honestly thought Guns N'Roses was a one hit wonder band. One day, I watched Welcome To The Jungle music video and I immediately thought,"The Welcome To The Jungle Singer completely copied the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! He copied his dancing style, his clothing style, his hairstyle, his singing style, he even LOOKS like him, he even copied his TATTOOS (What the FUCK! 😱😳) The Welcome To The Jungle Singer needs to find his own dancing style, clothing style, singing style, not go completely copy the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! The Welcome To The Jungle Singer has a VERY creepy and disturbing obsession with the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! 😱πŸ₯ΆπŸ€¨

I apparently at the time failed to notice that Duff, Slash, Izzy, and Steven in the Welcome To The Jungle music video looked just like the guys in the Sweet Child Of Mine music video. πŸ˜‰In my defense, I was only focused on Axl and nobody else. πŸ˜‰

I went on a music forum and ranted about the Welcome To The Jungle Singer completely copying the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer and I said,"This is some CREEPY shit! I hope the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer sues the Welcome To The Jungle Singer for copying him! 😱 The responses were,"The Sweet Child Of Mine Singer and the Welcome To The Jungle Singer are the SAME person, you IDIOT!" πŸ˜’πŸ™„And that's how I found out that Guns N'Roses were NOT a one hit wonder Band! πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2

First impression of Axl, I was maybe about 10. I'd technically heard their music for my whole life up until that point, my mom is a massive fan, but I was into country at the time and never paid attention to what she played. I was going through her stuff, bored and found Axl's Rolling Stone magazine she'd saved from the 90s and I was in loveΒ :lol:Β after that I listened to everything of hers, starting with Appetite for Destruction and was just blown away after really listening for the first time. Especially Mr. Brownstone, I didn't believe her when she told me it was the same singer, and I was so impressed with the different registers he could use for his voice. I never looked back, he has remained my favorite singer and band since then and that was 17 years ago now. Got me in trouble at school quite a bit too for wearing their merch and listening to their music. First baby act of rebellion was refusing to turn a skull logo shirt of theirs inside out and got sent home, good times lolΒ 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

First impression of Axl, I was maybe about 10. I'd technically heard their music for my whole life up until that point, my mom is a massive fan, but I was into country at the time and never paid attention to what she played. I was going through her stuff, bored and found Axl's Rolling Stone magazine she'd saved from the 90s and I was in loveΒ :lol:Β after that I listened to everything of hers, starting with Appetite for Destruction and was just blown away after really listening for the first time. Especially Mr. Brownstone, I didn't believe her when she told me it was the same singer, and I was so impressed with the different registers he could use for his voice. I never looked back, he has remained my favorite singer and band since then and that was 17 years ago now. Got me in trouble at school quite a bit too for wearing their merch and listening to their music. First baby act of rebellion was refusing to turn a skull logo shirt of theirs inside out and got sent home, good times lolΒ 

Guns N'Roses said they were trying to appeal to Teenagers Rebellious sides as they were all only in their 20''s when Appetite For Destruction's album was released and were less than 10 years older than say a rebellious 16 year old. πŸ˜€πŸ’‘

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

a sort of psycho..

I was 16 years old..

VH1 had a "100 most controversial moments in Rock and Roll History," Countdown and the infamous Riverport Concert Riot was like number 10. I thought,"This Axl guy seems kind of like a Maniac, and I love it!" 🀣😜

14 hours ago, twistoflemon21 said:

Why is he wearing underwear on stage?

Axl's clothing style is and was often weird,  the one where he wrapped the flag around his "Little Axl," was 😳 but he has this confidence of,"I wear whatever the fuck i want!, no matter how weird it looks!" And that's badass! :headbang:

• Like 1

Listen "Welcome To The Jungle" on Radio X in GTA San Andreas in 2004 on PS2 as a 14 years old boy . Voice was cool. I think the first video i saw was "Sweet Child O' Mine" on TV.

Band is cool. As a teenager, I never thought I would spend thousands of euros in that band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Listen "Welcome To The Jungle" on Radio X in GTA San Andreas in 2004 on PS2 as a 14 years old boy . Voice was cool. I think the first video i saw was "Sweet Child O' Mine" on TV.

Band is cool. As a teenager, I never thought I would spend thousands of euros in that band.

πŸ˜€ How many Concert tickets did you buy to see the Guns Brothers and their Rose Brother? πŸ˜€πŸ€”πŸ’‘

It's not MY first impression of Axl, but someone asked,"Who is that pretty red haired girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle music video? She's gorgeous!" Someone replied, "Pretty red haired girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle music video? 🀨 That's no pretty red haired girl! That's Axl Rose, a MAN!" 🀣

About me, Meadsoap has an Avatar of Axl Rose. Meadsoap went on a potty mouth rant post and I said something like,"Meadsoap, you look like such a a sweet little girl in your Avatar. Your potty mouth rant post and how you look like a sweet little girl in your Avatar are REALLY jarring." Posters replied something like,"Uh, Karice, Meadsoap's Avatar isn't a sweet little girl. That's AXL in her Avatar, LMAO, Karice you are REALLY hilarious! 🀣 I personally saw the Axl in the Avatar, but I fully assumed it was a sweet little girl who was a huge fan of Axl(A Poster said his 5 year old Nephew is a huge Guns N'Roses Fan. πŸ˜€)Β