stinson on air tonight

slääsh

Well, I have just waisted 6 hours of my life for this brainless interview.

Going to sleep now... -->

Glad you finally saw it for it was -- and for Tommy - the way he is rather than the way you wish he was.

He's a lot better on bass than Duff.

:blink: You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry, but Tommy has nothing on Duff - not in terms of skill, creativity, chemistry, stage presence - or image.

I agree High.

Tommy can't hold a candle to Duff - not in his deepest darkest dreams.

Oh, come on. Just because you have something against Tommy, doesn't mean you should make a statement like that. Tommy is following Mr. Rose's wishes. If you haven't heard, Axl makes his bandmates sign contracts (gag orders) before he recruits them.

If I can't recall, Duff failed at being a solo artist. Can't say the same for Tommy.

Edited by UseU'rIllusions

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have just waisted 6 hours of my life for this brainless interview.

Going to sleep now... -->

Glad you finally saw it for it was -- and for Tommy - the way he is rather than the way you wish he was.

He's a lot better on bass than Duff.

:blink: You've got to be kidding me.

Sorry, but Tommy has nothing on Duff - not in terms of skill, creativity, chemistry, stage presence - or image.

I agree High.

Tommy can't hold a candle to Duff - not in his deepest darkest dreams.

Oh, come on. Just because you have something against Tommy, doesn't mean you should make a statement like that. Tommy is following Mr. Rose's wishes. If you haven't heard, Axl makes his bandmates sign contracts (gag orders) before he recruits them.

If I can't recall, Duff failed at being a solo artist. Can't say the same for Tommy.

Duff clobbers Tommy, and I like the new band. Many people fail solo careers, because they are not easy to launch. Look at Slash. He released his Snakepit albums and they were not big successes, yet Slash is still a really talented musician and is now becoming successful in another band.

Well... I'm in that too

This part really annoys me. Sounds like he could give a rat's ass about it.

Yeah, good point. I'd love to hear the interview, I would love to hear his tone of voice when he said that. It's probably very revealing. Although to me, the words are quite revealing all by themselves.

I'm sure Tommy was instructed to not discuss GN'R. That would be the case I think whether he's a current member or a former member. What's interesting is the wording he used..."I'm in that too. We'll see...I don't wanna talk about it".

If he is in fact in the band, you'd think he'd say something like what Richard said recently. You know something like, "we are gearing up for the summer dates and the release of the album, I'm looking forward to it and I'm really psyched, but I can't get into that today." You know, something positive. The way Tommy's usually been.

Madison's comment about Tommy just looking for his own record deal is interesting. I don't know if that's the case but if it is, and if that's also the case for BH, then you gotta think that makes Axl realize that the only guys who are really passionate about the band are the guys who were the band back in it's heyday. And perhaps Richard, who may have demonstrated in some way that he is committed to the band.

I think there's something to be said for this...who is more passionate about GN'R? Slash or BH? Duff or Tommy? Matt or Brain? Is it even a contest? Maybe it's unfair to the new guys, but the old guys have been through a hell of a lot more together as Gunners than the new guys have. So the result is understandable.

And all of these signs over the past few weeks that point to a possible reunion. They just don't seem to want to let up. Matt's meeting with Axl and this Tommy quote are just the latest in a long string of signs, and you can bet they are not the last. Are they all supposed to be a coincidence? What, a hundred coincidences now?

Nothing would shock me at this point, but I'm finding it hard not to believe.

Duff more talented than Tommy? Just put Village Gorilla Head next to Believe in Me.. its clear Tommy is a much stronger all around musican. I have nothing but respect for the guy, and he's been loyal to Axl for nearly 8 years now. Thats not to take anything away from Duff, the guy is a legend.. but Tommy is a better musician.

VERY good point!

Duff more talented than Tommy? Just put Village Gorilla Head next to Believe in Me.. its clear Tommy is a much stronger all around musican.

Who cares. I wouldn't willingly listen to either.

Wanna talk about their contributions to Guns n' Roses?

you are the one missing out.

All of Tommy's contributions to Guns n' Roses are yet to be seen, but I like what I've seen so far and I think he is better than Duff.

Tommy is the most worthless member of the band. Him and Fortus do GNR no fucken justice. GAG order? gimme a break, you think Duff woulda just sat there and given the fans a worthless "Im in that too" replace him and Id have a better view of this new band. Im not a hater, but not necessarily a follower of these new goth geeks in this band.

Duff more talented than Tommy? Just put Village Gorilla Head next to Believe in Me.. its clear Tommy is a much stronger all around musican. I have nothing but respect for the guy, and he's been loyal to Axl for nearly 8 years now. Thats not to take anything away from Duff, the guy is a legend.. but Tommy is a better musician.

You're missing her entire point. Rating a Tommy solo album against a Duff solo album is as meaningless as rating a BH solo album against a Slash solo album. We're discussing GNR here, and the total package each of these guys brings to a BAND environment(writing, playing, chemistry, stage presence, etc). Do you really not recognize the difference and relevancy?

Frankly, very few people give a rats ass about these guys solo albums which wouldn't even be allowed to be made if not for the band's success.

Tommy didn't even like GNR and had the bad judgment to make his feelings known in interviews, so are we supposed to get off on seeing him go through the motions when playing the old songs live? Makes him a poser in my book and I'd love nothing more than seeing him freed up to make a thousand more Village Gorilla Heads...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

You're missing her entire point. Rating a Tommy solo album against a Duff solo album is as meaningless as rating a BH solo album against a Slash solo album. We're discussing GNR here, and the total package each of these guys brings to a BAND environment(writing, playing, chemistry, stage presence, etc). Do you really not recognize the difference and relevancy?

Frankly, very few people give a rats ass about these guys solo albums which wouldn't even be allowed to be made if not for the band's success.

Tommy didn't even like GNR and had the bad judgment to make his feelings known in interviews, so are we supposed to get off on seeing him go through the motions when playing the old songs live? Makes him a poser in my book and I'd love nothing more than seeing him freed up to make a thousand more Village Gorilla Heads...

Haven't you seen Tommy perform in Guns? He truly and sincerly seems to be enjoying playing the songs, old and new. Him and Axl also seem to get along really well.. Axl said his personal relationships with these guys is much better than the old guys, resulting in a more solid band.

Didn't catch a live show in 2002 but have seen various videos and have read Tommy's own words in interviews. Sorry, but when he offers up that he didn't even like GNR's music and spoke to Axl about this, that means he is a being a poser when playing the old material--which still will be the majority of the setlist.

Hard to believe he enjoys playing other people's music he doesn't even like, right?

I won't speculate on Axl's relationship with Tommy and the newer band vs. the old band as we don't know the details and it appears to be apples and oranges. But I'm pretty sure that if the old band were to reunite tomorrow, we'd hear things like "I liked working with Tommy and those guys, but there's always been a special magic you can't explain between myself and the original band." Something to that effect...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Tommy is a fucking clown.

1-Everybody says AXL is GNR, well, for me DUFF is GNR too. Now, look at tommy ... is he GNR? I dont think so. Why? Reasons:

-Clearly, this guy doesnt care about GNR as the gnr concept of rock n roll - up your ass - loud as hell - too young to die sound. How we know? In every single interview this guy talks about gnr as if was just another band / project , in the same level as soul * cobain wannabe's *asylum and his soundtracks * i wish i had sense of melody * crap !

-This guy is in GNR for the money, obiously.

-Loyalty to axl? Are you kidding me? This guy is playing with everybody all the time. If he was that loyal , GNR would be the only thing in his mind.

-Tommy will be the next dizzy in the way that he thinks that he has the same level of creative input as slash or duff in the band. Tommy, in case you havent noticed, this is axl show , baby!. Look at the way he talks about buckethead and the other band members, as if he was the main man. PFF You Suck Stinson, go back with puff daddy!. I just want to see what he says when buckethead returns.

-Look at his clothes!. I mean, in a business where looks are everything, this guy looks like a fucking flannel t-shirt with legs! And whats up with the hanes shirts ?

the thing is...

for the 10 years I was always and everywhere like...GNR ROCKS!!!

but now 1 MONTH before the concerts I'm like GNR SUCKS!!! <_<

"what we've got here is failure to communicate"...so fuck that shit...oh...btw...tommy the "I don't know mercenary" sux too <_<

The new band werent chosen to care about GNR they were chosen cos they could do what Axl wanted and could handle stepping into those huge boots left by Slash etc. I personally would never have joined this GNR if Axl offered me a trillion dollars. I doubt if any of those guys say to Axl "Hey u should call Slash". In the end it's just a business and if Axl can convince everyone to buy his product then it's all good.