MGNRFORUM.com PreSale for NYC ??

gmsugaree

Asshole, I live in New York City! I am far from a teenager. And I can afford to pay what I want. This does not mean I will. Most successfull New Yorker's wouldn't either. Idiots with money or pop-cultural zombies might. But "WE" LAUGH at these people. To insult someone in the manor you have is called "low-class". And it is a display of "blue-collar" behavior far greater than the one you are portraying of the majority of MYGNR.com members. I would NEVER pay $1,000 for GNR tickets. And no one here will have to. Almost funny when considering I GAVE AWAY a set of tickets to the MSG show. The fact that $65 is squat in NYC, does not mean everyone can part with it so easily. I have had many, many nights spending well over a $100 drinking on myself alone, but I also walk two blocks out of the way to save .25 on Gatorade. One day you may find yourself without $65 for a ticket.

Edited by smokingarthur

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asshole, I live in New York City! I am far from a teenager. And I can afford to pay what I want. This does not mean I will. Most successfull New Yorker's wouldn't either. Idiots with money or pop-cultural zombies might. But "WE" LAUGH at these people. To insult someone in the manor you have is called "low-class". And it is a display of "blue-collar" behavior far greater than the one you are portraying of the majority of MYGNR.com members. I would NEVER pay $1,000 for GNR tickets. And no one here will have to. Almost funny when considering I GAVE AWAY a set of tickets to the MSG show. The fact that $65 is squat in NYC, does not mean everyone can part with it so easily. I have had many, many nights spending well over a $100 drinking on myself alone, but I also walk two blocks out of the way to save .25 on Gatorade. One day you may find yourself without $65 for a ticket.

great post.

nice post, people mistake others a lot, just because it is there doesn't mean you should use it.

V.

i'd give my left nut to be able to go....but 15.000 miles is a bit of a distance....even for me...

please tell me that that is 15thousand miles and not just 15 miles, cause i am not sure if that after the 15 there is a commer or a fullstop.

fifteen thousand miles...

i'd give my left nut to be able to go....but 15.000 miles is a bit of a distance....even for me...

Yep. 15 miles from South Africa to NYC. I learned that in geography class.

Oops... that was directed at the one who asked 15 or 15,000.

Edited by eschman

Yep. 15 miles from South Africa to NYC. I learned that in geography class.

Oops... that was directed at the one who asked 15 or 15,000.

No, it's 15 cm. At least that's what my map says.

please tell me that that is 15thousand miles and not just 15 miles, cause i am not sure if that after the 15 there is a commer or a fullstop.

For the culturally sheltered, not everyone uses the comma (,) to indicate the separation of the digits.

I use the comma, but there are thousands that don't :)

For the culturally sheltered, not everyone uses the comma (,) to indicate the separation of the digits.

like me... sorry Vogstar90_G'N'R if that threw you off...i figured by using common sense as indicated by Howard2k, you'd be able to figure it out...

i'll keep it in mind for next time...to draw diagrams for you instead...oh...and its a comma....not commer...

Edited by elmir

like me... sorry Vogstar90_G'N'R if that threw you off...i figured by using common sense as indicated by Howard2k, you'd be able to figure it out...

i'll keep it in mind for next time...to draw diagrams for you instead...oh...and its a comma....not commer...

Well technically if you're 15,000 mi from NYC, then the other way around the globe you are 10,000 miles away since the diameter of the earth is 25,000 miles. So 10,000 miles? that's no wheres near as bad.

:P

Well technically if you're 15,000 mi from NYC, then the other way around the globe you are 10,000 miles away since the diameter of the earth is 25,000 miles. So 10,000 miles? that's no wheres near as bad.

damn...you got me....well, its getting "cheaper"....but its still a hell of a mission to make...

Ahh well, I'm thinkin' of doing something crazy. Since I can't get two days off work, I might take the early shift on the 17th. Get off at 4pm. Drive to the airport, then hopefully catch a 6 o'clock flight. Get in at 7:30 or so - is that enough time to make it for a 9pm start time? I'm guessing that the door should stay open until at least 9pm. I might get the shittiest seat in the house, but I don't care!

Then after the show take a morning flight back, get in at about 8:30 and go pretty much straight to work. With no sleep. :no:

But I'll try to pry at least the 18th off from work so that I don't have to rush back like that.

It's gonna suck ass if I can't go.

Ahh well, I'm thinkin' of doing something crazy. Since I can't get two days off work, I might take the early shift on the 17th. Get off at 4pm. Drive to the airport, then hopefully catch a 6 o'clock flight. Get in at 7:30 or so - is that enough time to make it for a 9pm start time? I'm guessing that the door should stay open until at least 9pm. I might get the shittiest seat in the house, but I don't care!

Then after the show take a morning flight back, get in at about 8:30 and go pretty much straight to work. With no sleep. :no:

But I'll try to pry at least the 18th off from work so that I don't have to rush back like that.

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

Good luck with it!

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

Good luck with it!

dosent it start at 7.30 that what it says here?

So if the plane lands at about 7:45 then I should be okay, right? They should keep the doors open for at least another 1 hour and 15 mins. What sucks now is that I missed the pre-sale and I will either have to get lucky with TM or pay a premium...which I will gladly do, within reason!

Or I could just wait for them to come to TO. But seeing one of these NYC shows would be so awesome.

I say get the tickets and go for it, and if the date rolls around and it just doesnt work out for you, Ill buy your tickets off of you.

Thats the kind of person I am, always trying to help.

I wouldnt do this, there is always that chance the flight gets delayed or something

you might get the shittiest seat in the house...but that will still be a damn good seat!

go for it!

(if I score tickets...I'm calling in sick and flying in from Toronto the day of the show)

you might get the shittiest seat in the house...but that will still be a damn good seat!

go for it!

(if I score tickets...I'm calling in sick and flying in from Toronto the day of the show)

Yeah I thought about that but the people at my work know I love GN'R. If I call in sick that day it won't look good. I'll do almost anything but I ain't gonna lose my job. One day's pleasure for many day's pain. :no:

by the way KBEAR...not sure if you have a car,but have you checked the flights out of Buffalo?

WAAAAAAY cheaper!

providing you're in that vicinity....LOL

(jumped the gun a bit there didn't I!!)