STUDIO versions of The Blues, Maddy, Chinese Dem. and Better!

mrvics

Thanks for posting that. I hate to say it but your digital voice recorder is awfully low-bitrate or something.

But yeah that's sure ain't Boston. People think it's Boston because Boston's the most common clear live recording (it's soundboard right?)

Yeah I know. I figured a little better would be better than nuthin'.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone recap the whole thread please? If you followed along the whole way.

Vics was at the DMV, and when he was done, left and then heard GnR being played very loud. STUDIO versions. He heard CD, Madagascar, The Blues and Better.

He called someone at the building, and they gave him the runaround about it.

• 6 months later...

"Next was Madagascar. THIS song is fucking amazing, studio! Again, rasp, control, high and low notes. And it does have all those MLK etc. clips that we've all heard. How do I know that this was Studio and not live? Because at the end of the song where we've heard Finck sing back up vocals, it was Axl himself singing them in his higher pitched voice and, of course, he sang the main lyrics in his low voice."

Remember this everyone? This is from Mr. Vics, a poster who got slammed as a liar when in fact he told the truth. If you do not remember, he's the guy who shared his story of hearing some CD songs blaring from Geffen's headquarters as he left the DMV one day. Turns out his description of Maddy was DEAD ON. The rasp is there, high and low notes are there, the quotes are there, the high Axl notes as backing vocals are there, and he sang the main lyrics in a lower voice.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...6&hl=mrvics

Edited by GNRfan2008

I belived him. Becouse the story was to weird to be made up. If you are going to make up a story. You don't make up that you heard something after exiting the DMV. And him doing the effort of calling geffen etc. He wouldn't have done that if he was messing with us.

I'm not gonna lie, I never said I believed him or thought he was lying, actually I haven't posted in a long ass time until today...ultimately however, there's no way stories like these can be bashed or given full credit, only taken with a grain of salt. All I know is that my excitement for CD is never-ending, no matter how much I get hazed by my friends...