Catcher in the Rye

dablooz

Hey folks,

I have to register my opinion. Catcher in the Rye is not a good song, it's a GREAT song. Perhaps it's too long for a single, but man, doesn't it give you a chill to hear that? I would say that it is better than anything that is on UYI. Shows great maturity. I personally think Better, IRS, Madagascar, and CD suck. The Blues and and TWAT are ok.

Catcher in the Rye is incredible.

GU

Hey folks,

I have to register my opinion. Catcher in the Rye is not a good song, it's a GREAT song. Perhaps it's too long for a single, but man, doesn't it give you a chill to hear that? I would say that it is better than anything that is on UYI. Shows great maturity. I personally think Better, IRS, Madagascar, and CD suck. The Blues and and TWAT are ok.

GU

Are you serious? You think that catcher in the rye is better then all the UYI tracks. :no:

You think its better then November Rain? :ph34r: . I agree its a good song but its not as good as some good ol' UYI tracks.

CITR is great. The only problem I have with it is they should play the chorus more. It's played only about twice throughout the whole song and normally that wouldn't be bad, but because of it's length, they should've had it repeated at least 3 times.

CITR is a mess.

Its liek 4 different idea force fitted togehter. The song has no real flow.

YOu peopel who kept calling for this live were nuts. It would have been a trainwreck.

I agree with some of what you are saying. I do like it but can see much room for improvement. It has many things going for it. It would never work live. But I like the song cause there is nothing else like it. ANd a lot of fans like to hate on the less hardcore songs for the sake of doing so. I can think I thousands of songs that are far far worse in every regard.

CITR is a mess.

Its liek 4 different idea force fitted togehter. The song has no real flow.

YOu peopel who kept calling for this live were nuts. It would have been a trainwreck.

I agree to an extent. CITR is a TERRIBLE arrangement, but I see much potential. It it was more refined, with another chorus during the last verse, maybe a longer solo and a few other things added or taken out here and there, I could see it besing the best song we've heard so far, save TWAT rock3

CITR is great.

It sounds more like a Queen kinda song.

Why people love it and some don't, i guess it's all depend of you age and your knowledge about Rock music.

This CD will be a multi-generation CD for sure

Totally.

This song reminds me SO much of ''Under Pressure"......it's just has many changes of pace and rhythm, it ends way different of how it started, with an epic sense, so you don't get bored of listening to it over and over again...and the riffs :wub: it just gives you goosebumps :heart: ......I truely believe it'll be a classic in the rock music world, or in music overall really!

kANNON.

Hey folks,

GU

I wouldn't say it is better than TWAT, but it is certainly a highly commendable song. I'm sure it will become a classic like NR, in true GNR style.

Is it just me, or has Axl lost the ability to write a simple, effective chorus?

Granted, these specific lines may have been written by othres, but compare Madagscar, CITR, and IRS to...

"in the jungle, welcome to the jungle, gonna bring you to your..."

"Ohhhhh Sweet Child o' Mine"

"Take me down to the paradise city..."

"Well, well, well, you just can't tell..."

The new songs lack that sing along quality. when Axl and his current band get to the SCOM Chorus, the place errupts. It's hard to imagine a similar moment for any of the new songs with the exception of Better.

Estranged didn't have a chorus as such, and it proved to be an extremely effective song. I think these new songs, such as TWAT and CITR are similar to Estranged in this way. They are epics, no doubt about it. ;)

Also, I think you forget IRS and CD. They have great catchy choruses.

Edited by FinckFortus

At first i didnt give CITR a chance, but then i did and i admit, i liked it, not loved, but liked. I think it is better than some of the "filler" on UYI's but against songs like Estranged, Coma, Locomotive i really don't think it stands a chance.

IMHO i think that either the Blues, TWAT or Madagascar are the best at the moment, but that's only me. I think madagascar could be truley special if the studio sounds good. Again that's only my opinion.

xXx

At first i didnt give CITR a chance, but then i did and i admit, i liked it, not loved, but liked. I think it is better than some of the "filler" on UYI's but against songs like Estranged, Coma, Locomotive i really don't think it stands a chance.

IMHO i think that either the Blues, TWAT or Madagascar are the best at the moment, but that's only me. I think madagascar could be truley special if the studio sounds good. Again that's only my opinion.

xXx

i dont think TWAT is the best. i think it sucks