Live Shows or Album

wasted

Gotta be honest, although I had heard the leaked tracks, when I saw GNR at Download I was there to hear Welcome to the Jungle and the other classics.

Its gonna be a decade since a helluva lot of people last saw Guns live, other people are just getting their first chance to hear these classic songs live in person - 10 years is a long time and since then gnr have gained new fans who are gonna feel gyped if they don't get to hear much appetite.

As has been said, as soon as Chinese Democracy is out there then those songs will become more and more prominant on tour.

I think that them doing Live Shows is just as important. It's showing the people and the media that they're touring so that the CD is coming out. I mean this isn't like in the old days when we got a rare shows here and there.

yeah, i think the possibility for that existed during the 2002 tour, but not now. because they toured in 2002 and DIDN'T release the album people are more skeptical. as a result, many people don't equate a tour with a subsequent record release. releasing the album would create a buzz around them that a tour just cannot do at this point.

What about Dizzy and Izzy? I heard the Iron Maiden single in Virgin, they are sort of boring but everytime I hear there songs I feel comforted. I used to hate them. But recently I started to sort of like them. They are sort of a friendly band. Release records which basicsally kick ass but lyrically its still a bit Hobbitesque.

I still dont think new band will get credit after release of CD. Shit the old band hardly got credit for AFD, theres always this feeling Axl controlled everything. And most people dont look beyong the surface of a band they treat them like a product to buy like everything else. Like the audience at Leeds in 2001 were clueless about who GNR was or even were on that day. Just a load of Prodigy fans saying "Axl's crazy, my uncle has the original cover of AFD"

People seem much more enthuiastic about the shows than the leaks.

For band like G&R, touring is all they really have to do to stay relevant and they don't have to play the arena rock circuits to do it. This band has proven they can pull off a rockin small venue gig.

With or without CD, Guns could maintain a solid following by just touring and doing festivals, special events and whatnot.

Yes! I would like to purchase some new officially released G&R music soon. It would definitely be a welcomed and much anticipated arrival.

That kind of thing goes back to old GNR. Thats sort of what they wanted to do Slash etc. stay on the road for ever and release records like every year. Or not at all. Its true GNR could destroy small venues. Face it we'll only get a record at the end of the day and they'll keep on touring.

What really be interesting is how the album feeds into the live shows. It might not really. That would be weird. But maybe the set list would still be about the same. So how does the album effect anything? Forum wants album so it can obsess over the lyrics etc. but most folks just want a great show.

Album probably start off with Better, Chinese Demcracy, IRS, Cathcher in the Rye, Madgascar, The Blues. Shit that probably is half the album.

I think GNR could be a touring act and nothing else if they wanted to. There's always going to be old school GNR fans and new fans that get into them somehow, so they'll always be an audience for them. There's always going to be people who want to see a rock legend play Welcome to the Jungle, just for the experience of seeing it. A lot of people go to see GNR because it's a band they used to like, and a lot of people don't actually believe Chinese Democracy is comming out anyway.

If GNR want to be a real band now, and be a part of music today, they need to release the album. Going on tour every couple of years to play old classics is fine and dandy, but they need to release new music in 2006 if they want to be a relivant band in 2006.

It all depends on what Axl really wants out of GNR now. As fans who follow the band still and know there's supposed to be a new album, of course we want to hear it, but if Axl wanted to just be a touring band, he could do that to. There's a lot of GNR fans that just don't keep up to date on what he's doing or if there's going to be a new album, but if given the chance to see them play live and hear old favorites, they'll go.