Led Zeppelin

FunkyMonk

so what, clapton was great yeah.

But so was Zeppelin. Musical greatness.

Thank you, I have my issues with both, but let's cut this shit.

I mean, people try to cut Zep down by bringing up other artists, and saying Zep never were as great as them. But they were as great as anybody.

Bring up any other artist and I bet you someone here thinks that artist is also overrated and not deserving of the overwhelming praise.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what, clapton was great yeah.

But so was Zeppelin. Musical greatness.

Thank you, I have my issues with both, but let's cut this shit.

I mean, people try to cut Zep down by bringing up other artists, and saying Zep never were as great as them. But they were as great as anybody.

Bring up any other artist and I bet you someone here thinks that artist is also overrated and not deserving of the overwhelming praise.

man, that's what bugs me about this section of the forum... and yet i continue to post here

led zeppelin is what got me into hard rock. i took a long hiatus after i got into zep II (my first zep album) and it took me about 5 years to get back into them and truly appreciate what they are/were to modern music.

now there's hardly a situation that i can't relate to a zep song. but as with any other opinion i have dealing with music, THAT'S JUST ME.

::looks around and sneaks in shameless plug:: wfnp.org 3AM eastern, call in!

Zeppelin were good. That's all I'll say. Talented band, but not on par with the likes of Cream, the Experience, Deep Purple, The Who, even Aerosmith and for the hell of it: GUNS N' ROSES.

I'm getting tiered of aguing with you so I'll make this short and sweet, if you wanna argue the merits of cream or the expierence ok let's argue, but you lost my respect saying deep purple, the who, and aerosmith are better than zeppelin. Obviously you don't know what your talking about. I mean come on? VH1, Guitar World Magazine, and countless others have rated zeppelin as the best hard rock band ever. Who's next poison? Do you think poison better than zeppelin?

FUCKING RETARD :fuckyou:

Edited by Mike420

Zeppelin were good. That's all I'll say. Talented band, but not on par with the likes of Cream, the Experience, Deep Purple, The Who, even Aerosmith and for the hell of it: GUNS N' ROSES.

I'm getting tiered of aguing with you so I'll make this short and sweet, if you wanna argue the merits of cream or the expierence ok let's argue, but you lost my respect saying deep purple, the who, and aerosmith are better than zeppelin. Obviously you don't know what your talking about. I mean come on? VH1, Guitar World Magazine, and countless others have rated zeppelin as the best hard rock band ever. Who's next poison? Do you think poison better than zeppelin?

FUCKING RETARD :fuckyou:

Eh shut up.

It's a matter of opinion above all, I'm not the one using fuckyou icons and calling you names etc. And I'm certainly not the only person in the world who finds Zeppelin very overrated.

Frankly, I don't think you deserve any respect from anyone seeing as you believe covering a song is ripping it off.

Are you seriously comparing GN'R, The Who, Aerosmith, etc. with POISON? Poison are a fucking joke. :rofl-lol:

To be hinest when i read yr post i was like "he has a point" but now im listening to the houses of the holy and i think zeppelin might the best band of all time and how can you not see/hear that.

Just play it louder is my advice. Trampled Under Foot - play it loud.

Hahaha, people get so darn fired up about Led Zeppelin,

I DONT LIKE THEM! ok thats my opinion.

And it annoys me when people say "they were the most influentual band ever" because thats just utter bollocks.

Like i have said in my other posts, there were SO many bands before Led Zep thats did things first before LEd Zep came on the scene.

Yes Clapton is more influentual and more innovative than Page, its not just my opinion, its a fact and you cannot deny that.

Zeppelin hasnt done anything close to as emotional as Layla, nobody in Zeppelin could write good lyrics, and Page wasnt an emotional guitar player.

People are trying to make them sound better by putting down other bands.

I dont mind a little Zep from time to time, but i see nothing great, special or groundbreaking in their music.

British Rock n' Roll at its best = The Who - Live at Leeds. Nobody could never match the engery of The Who live.

They were the greatest rock band of the 70s. To compare Aerosmith to them is just bullshit. Aerosmith were great but not on par with Zeppelin. If you don't get the appeal now, you'll never get it. Maybe you should take your head out of Clapton's ass and take a real listen.

Why the hell is this thread still going on :blink:

Zeppelin were one of the best bands EVER. If you disagree you are an idiot. :blink:

Just because someone has a different opinion to you, that doesn't mean they're an idiot. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Led Zeppelin are a crock of shit. VERY boring to listen to.

Hahaha, people get so darn fired up about Led Zeppelin,

I DONT LIKE THEM! ok thats my opinion.

And it annoys me when people say "they were the most influentual band ever" because thats just utter bollocks.

Like i have said in my other posts, there were SO many bands before Led Zep thats did things first before LEd Zep came on the scene.

Yes Clapton is more influentual and more innovative than Page, its not just my opinion, its a fact and you cannot deny that.

Zeppelin hasnt done anything close to as emotional as Layla, nobody in Zeppelin could write good lyrics, and Page wasnt an emotional guitar player.

People are trying to make them sound better by putting down other bands.

I dont mind a little Zep from time to time, but i see nothing great, special or groundbreaking in their music.

British Rock n' Roll at its best = The Who - Live at Leeds. Nobody could never match the engery of The Who live.

as much as i HATE to disagree with u (n i truly do, ur a dude rock3 ) but two words, sex pistols :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=osfirnlGnDM

Edited by frankwhite