Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

Where are there two Axls on this picutre:

121206__axl3.jpg

(look below the main one).

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Worst Photoshopping Ever.

Well, I guess they needed to get a picture up with Axl in a Christ pose to soften the fan reaction.

:rofl-lol:

Oh god that's great!

I've just noticed something - look at his neck! :shocked:

Are you fucking kidding me? It's just the video screen behind him that multiplies him...

does axl look skinnier or is that just me?

actually i think that may be the monitor. lookit the "other axl"s watch. lookit the real axl' swatch. the same.

There's a "lens flare" from the light behind his left arm. Him standing in front of a monitor wouldn't add this effect. A flare was added in photoshop to give the impression he was actually standing in front of the drum riser here.

Look at the complete lack of any type of video artifacting in the background image. That is because it's a blown up picture, not a 'monitor'.

Look at the rotation of his right hand. It's different from foreground to background.

And lastly, look at the rings on the last two fingers of his right hand. They're different in the two images.

lol, you're reading way too much into this. It's NOT photoshopped. The monitor would look exactly like that behind him. A monitor can easily add such a lighty effect in a dark area. You can't tell if there's video artifacting or not, the background is too blurry, you cannot say for sure. But what I do know is that the background is overly bright and the colors and lightness behave in a way of a monitor. His hand looks different on the monitor because it was, of course, filmed from a different angle than where the actual pic was taken. The ring on his hand looks different for the same reasons - lighting, which looks different from a different angle, especially when it's on monitor screen. This coming from a guy who's studying audiovisual stuff and has had it as a serious hobby for 10 years.

And lastly, and most importantly, there is no reason on earth to photoshop this pic like that.

I think there's a reason it's been just a "hobby" for you, friend.

Take it from someone that's worked in the film industry for 15 years. Now go study some more.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.iorr.org/news.htm

Oct 30: Beacon show tomorrow rescheduled for Wednesday

The Rolling Stones have been forced to move their Tuesday, October 31st performance at the Beacon Theatre to Wednesday, November 1st. Following doctor’s advice, Mick Jagger has been ordered to rest his voice. All tickets for the October 31 show will be honored on November 1. Show time will remains at 8pm. This is fresh from a press release received shortly before ticket pickup at the Beacon ended 8pm today. See updated list of IORR Fall Tour dates.

So I guess they are pathetic too? It happens. Just come down off the ledge. On second thought, just fucking jump. :P

Edited by Gunzen

The Rolling Stones have been forced to move their Tuesday, October 31st performance at the Beacon Theatre to Wednesday, November 1st. Following doctor’s advice, Mick Jagger has been ordered to rest his voice. All tickets for the October 31 show will be honored on November 1. Show time will remains at 8pm. This is fresh from a press release received shortly before ticket pickup at the Beacon ended 8pm today. See updated list of IORR Fall Tour dates.

So I guess they are pathetic too? It happens. Just come down off the ledge. On second thought, just fucking jump. :P

That's a whole day difference, not a complete cancelling.

That's a whole day difference, not a complete cancelling.

he was oredered to rest, mebbe axl need more than a day, my point is it happened, and I am sure some people couldnt switch days, it fucking happens, jesus

Come ON Gunzen. There is a UNIVERSE of difference between pushing a show a single night for health reasons, and outright CANCELLING a show because of poor ticket sales.

Notice how none of these cancelled GN'R shows have makeup dates to make sure the fans are taken care of? That's the difference.

And that's why the Stones are pros. And Axl has become a court jester.

Edited by GabrielsChains

Guys, I've got it. It was all so clear.

Here's what's going to happen:

1. The tour ends. Nothing is mentioned about CD.

2. Axl disappears again. Fans gets upset and cry because they realize they were betrayed.

3. AXL DIES.

now here's where we get interesting. If Axl is truly ROCK N' ROLL and "do it his own way" like I think he is, then he's going to FAKE HIS OWN DEATH after this tour. It will either be a suicide a la Kurt Cobain, or a drug overdose a la Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin.

If he's really thinking outside the box, he may fake hang himself while masturbating, just so he can do the whole Michael Hutchence thing. But I don't really think that's his style.

4. After the funeral, Axl's estate FINDS the finished CD record.

5. It is released.

6. As A Nation Mourns, their hearts are lifted to the joyous sounds of "Better", "Rhiad", "There Was a Time", and the previously unmentioned track, "The Really Shouldn'tve Hung Myself While Jerkin It Blues".

7. Axl is proclaimed a genius.

8. Axl lives in isolation in some tropical locale, getting all the botox surgery and dreadlocks he wants so he'll never be recognized.

I mean, CLEARLY this is what he was planning early on around 2000 when he started looking all fucking wierd. But for some reason, he decided to delay his plan.

Man, the more I think about it, Axl is a TOTAL FUCKING GENIUS for thinking of this awesome plan! I can't wait until he dies and I get to hear his awesome record!

Edited by GabrielsChains

As what, Tom Cruise's gardener's personal secretary?

I can't believe I'm hearing this. A professional who uses Photoshop/Premiere/Avid/After Effects every single day would not state his opinions of this pic as a fact, I've seen thousands of weird looking pics, but it's not like they're always photoshopped. It looks like it's some kind of weird trend now, like, "oh look, that pic looks weird, it MUST be photoshopped then, no exceptions".

But now you sir, thanks to myself, have the power to know if it WAS photoshopped at any point! :P

Also you could remove layers with MATLAB :book: .

Come ON Gunzen. There is a UNIVERSE of difference between pushing a show a single night for health reasons, and outright CANCELLING a show because of poor ticket sales.

Notice how none of these cancelled GN'R shows have makeup dates to make sure the fans are taken care of? That's the difference.

And that's why the Stones are pros. And Axl has become a court jester.

actually, I meant the doctor ordering rest part. And remeber, I bet there were alot of people who could not go the next night. next night or next month, it still sucks. My point is he is not the only aging rock star who has problems. And I agree there is a big difference, but it needs to be noted, thats all

2. Axl disappears again. Fans gets upset and cry because they realize they were betrayed.

3. AXL DIES.

now here's where we get interesting. If Axl is truly ROCK N' ROLL and "do it his own way" like I think he is, then he's going to FAKE HIS OWN DEATH after this tour. It will either be a suicide a la Kurt Cobain, or a drug overdose a la Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin.

If he's really thinking outside the box, he may fake hang himself while masturbating, just so he can do the whole Michael Hutchence thing. But I don't really think that's his style.

5. It is released.

6. As A Nation Mourns, their hearts are lifted to the joyous sounds of "Better", "Rhiad", "There Was a Time", and the previously unmentioned track, "The Really Shouldn'tve Hung Myself While Jerkin It Blues".

8. Axl lives in isolation in some tropical locale, getting all the botox surgery and dreadlocks he wants so he'll never be recognized.

I mean, CLEARLY this is what he was planning early on around 2000 when he started looking all fucking wierd. But for some reason, he decided to delay his plan.

Man, the more I think about it, Axl is a TOTAL FUCKING GENIUS for thinking of this awesome plan! I can't wait until he dies and I get to hear his awesome record!

Then Axl, Tupac, Elvis and Kurt Cobain all return on a "We Are The World" remix.

3. AXL DIES.

5. It is released.

You really have an extraordinarily large amount of extra time on your hands, don't you?

I mean you come here - to a GNR fan forum - where you write post after post dissing the band that everybody comes here to talk about. And then - when fans are already feeling down because of the cancellation - you spend all your time creating this bizarre response that ends with you saying you can't wait for the lead singer to die. :rolleyes:

Please - get a life.

As for everybody else - let's wait and hear what the band has to say about the reason for the cancellation before jumping to conclusions. In the meantime, stay away from open windows on high floors please.

I cannot belive what I am reading. I realize that there were some dissapointed fans who dont get to see the show weds (including me). But you guys sound like a bunch of Sallys.

Yeah, it looks like Axl is winding down his year long tour of Europe and the US. Bout 90 shows? Great two hour extravaganzas with pyro, a myriad of opening bands, half nekkid women. Million fans, a whole new generation of t-shirts, and concessions, forums to post on. Youtube videos galore to see. Basically a years worth of entertainment for the price of admission........

....but as soon as there is a hiccup in the power, it becomes ....Oh my FUCKING GOD, Axl is th devil, he doesnt give a shit about us he sucks,he has no respect etc.

I guess we just cant look and see all the fun/good times we had and just want to focus on negative.

You people are the pathetic ones, not Axl.

there was too many california shows to begin with, it was setup for cancellations to begin with

Tell that to Nine Inch Nails, pebbles, who had an almost identical early "warm up tour", followed by a straight up smaller venue tour (same number of California stops, all of which sold out), followed by an amphitheatre-size tour 6 months later (once again, same number of California stops, all of which sold out).

Oh, but Nine Inch Nails actually had a record, didn't they?

There is only one reason this is happening.

exactly if they had a new album, i could understand all the ca shows, but without it- it seemed doomed to me

3. AXL DIES.

5. It is released.

You really have an extraordinarily large amount of extra time on your hands, don't you?

I mean you come here - to a GNR fan forum - where you write post after post dissing the band that everybody comes here to talk about. And then - when fans are already feeling down because of the cancellation - you spend all your time creating this bizarre response that ends with you saying you can't wait for the lead singer to die. :rolleyes:

Please - get a life.

As for everybody else - let's wait and hear what the band has to say about the reason for the cancellation before jumping to conclusions. In the meantime, stay away from open windows on high floors please.

Let's be fair Madison. I dis a band that I love because the singer is acting out of control. Why on earth would I be here if I wasn't a fan (albeit one who is very disappointed with current happenings?)

I created my bizarre post as an utterly bizarre, and stupidly funny alternative to all the ledge-jumping that was happening. A distraction, if you will. That was why I created a separate thread for it; by merging it back into this thread, which is the perogative of any mod on any board, it took away any "stupid fun" element from the post (and yes, there would be some that found it funny).

Do you really think I was saying I hoped Axl died? Do you really think I think my theory was true? You know it was just simply farce.

And as for too much time on my hands -- you got me there. The job gets quiet this time of year.

I cannot belive what I am reading. I realize that there were some dissapointed fans who dont get to see the show weds (including me). But you guys sound like a bunch of Sallys.

Yeah, it looks like Axl is winding down his year long tour of Europe and the US. Bout 90 shows? Great two hour extravaganzas with pyro, a myriad of opening bands, half nekkid women. Million fans, a whole new generation of t-shirts, and concessions, forums to post on. Youtube videos galore to see. Basically a years worth of entertainment for the price of admission........

....but as soon as there is a hiccup in the power, it becomes ....Oh my FUCKING GOD, Axl is th devil, he doesnt give a shit about us he sucks,he has no respect etc.

I guess we just cant look and see all the fun/good times we had and just want to focus on negative.

Really? The Del James syndrome.

You just don't cancel a show without explanation, and by the looks of things, we ain't gonna get one. THAT'S pathetic.

Let's see if you still feel that way when your son is gonna be crying outside the arena because they failed to show up. It's so random that people have every right to be pissed off.

actually my son is already old enough to know that he cannot depend on Axl. If Axl doesnt show I will feel worse for him than he will. He gets it, he is a fan of the music and of Axl. He understands, we have an alternative plan friday to go to San Francico on bart to eat sushi. I am prepared, after all this ia Axl Rose remember :P

How many times does it have to be said? It's about the album. All the frustration you are seeing now is borne out of the realization among fans that it's not happening this year, and worse yet the band doesn't care enough to communicate about the album to it's starving fans.

If Guns tours for the next ten years and doesn't release any new music, you'd be on cloud 9. As long as you see some tits, drink some booze, and hoop it up for two hours. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is great but most fans want more than that. It's been fifteen years since we've gotten an album's worth of new material from Axl, well most of us think that's long enough, especially since they were telling us for the last six years that this thing is about ready to come out. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you don't release new shit then as a band you lose respect. You become known as a nostalgia act, has beens, etc. We all know Axl still has it, he shouldn't be doing an AFD tour twenty years after they started the first one. I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

Gunzen,

I just registered because I had to address some of the things youve said.

Fresno has had some HUGE groups play here to packed houses (not just basketball):

Rolling Stones, Aerosmith twice, Metallica, Motley Crue (half house), Van Halen,

Madonna (two sold out shows), The Who in Feb, etc. A lot of major shows and the place

holds 15k not 20k and its been here for 3 years not two years.

The only thing you posted that was right was the ticket sales were probably poor.

At least brisk as they were selling closer to show time.

I hate when I read people who arent good representatives of my town

or at least use bad facts. Im pissed the show is cancelled

and Oakland isnt any better then here. Fresno is actually a better

neighborhood then Oakland. But I hope they pack them in there anyway.

San Jose would be better to play, imo.

Really? The Del James syndrome.

You just don't cancel a show without explanation, and by the looks of things, we ain't gonna get one. THAT'S pathetic.

Let's see if you still feel that way when your son is gonna be crying outside the arena because they failed to show up. It's so random that people have every right to be pissed off.

actually my son is already old enough to know that he cannot depend on Axl. If Axl doesnt show I will feel worse for him than he will. He gets it, he is a fan of the music and of Axl. He understands, we have an alternative plan friday to go to San Francico on bart to eat sushi. I am prepared, after all this ia Axl Rose remember :P

So you have an alternative plan to go eat sushi just in case GnR blow out the gig....but you don't understand why people are getting pissed off?