Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

The problem is the line-up. People know it's not Guns N'Roses.

This is a great statement and I wish more people, specifically on this board, would realize that. rock3

The new album isn't going to fix that problem... Ticket sales will improve if it's released, but the difference won't be spectacular.

Surely that depends how the album goes down with the potential new fans...Might be the greatest thing since sliced bread or might bum out. Only one way of finding out.

If dedicated fans of the old band get along (mostly) with the new band then why would casual fans give a shit?

That's debatable, to say the least...

I'd agree with you to an extent - but lets face it after seeing shows people are coming round to the idea of the new guys. Esp after the leaks and Ron being the new nicest guy in the world.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Aerosmith and Motley Crue can fill arenas, so can GnR...problem is publicity. The Crue had Tommy on RockStar Supernova all summer promoting his tour (he mentioned it in almost every episode) and Aerosmith have yet another Greatest Hits CD out right now. GnR has NOTHING.

If Aerosmith and Motley Crue can fill arenas, so can GnR...problem is publicity. The Crue had Tommy on RockStar Supernova all summer promoting his tour (he mentioned it in almost every episode) and Aerosmith have yet another Greatest Hits CD out right now. GnR has NOTHING.

So, if Axl had toured two years ago (when GNR greatest hits came out), he would have sold more tickets than this year ? I doubt it.

Edited by Axingn'r

So, if Axl had toured two years ago (when GNR greatest hits came out), he would have sold more tickets than this year ? I doubt it.

Absolutely. They would have.

Edited by AxlCorp

Yes, if they had toured behind Greatest Hits they would have been much more succesful. The fact that that album is still on the charts shows that their is still a market for GNR. However, much to the dismay of some people on this board, the casual fan does know and care that this is not the "real" Guns N' Roses. When I asked my friends, who are casual fans, that GNR was coming to town their response was, "Well, Slash isn't in the band so it isn't really Guns N' Roses." Now I have seen the new band live and heard the leaks and think that they are both great. However, if the old band did re-unite...hell if even just Slash came back, the tour would be the biggest thing on the planet. I think that deep down Axl knows this, but he has to always have things his way. I personally never thought that this tour was a failure. It was going pretty well considering no promotion, no album, and only one original member. The events of the last few days are not a good sign, though. Hopefully we are reading too much into it, but I think something bad went down in the GNR camp.

I think what you are saying is true...BUT, people say shit like "it's not the real GnR" only cause they don't know anything about the new band, and they want to deflect their ignorance. Once a new album comes out, new videos, new interviews they will feel included in the "new" band and jump back on the bandwagon.

Sounds like there has been a fall-out of some sorts. Not finishing the last concert with 'Paradise City' having mentioned the album earlier in the night, and now this concert being cancelled without ANY excuses? Something's up, and it doesn't sound like it's going to be a Merry Christmas for the band.

Sounds like there has been a fall-out of some sorts. Not finishing the last concert with 'Paradise City' having mentioned the album earlier in the night, and now this concert being cancelled without ANY excuses? Something's up, and it doesn't sound like it's going to be a Merry Christmas for the band.

I fear that you might be right. We will have to wait another 10 years for a cd.

121206__axl3.jpg

what an odd picture choice.

The Official Gig Cancellation Web-Site

also, when the whole Maine cancellation happened the picture was Axl flipping of a crowd with the caption "A Message From Axl To Fans".

i really think poor ticket sales are the real culprit in all this mess.

Edited by artfromtex

It's so funny... Axl can't make it work without the old guys. He's had more than ten years, 13 million bucks, and two tours... still no album.

It's just really obvious at this point... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GnR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys -- you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night... well, each night that they're actually allowed to play.

Thankfully, Slash, Duff and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them.

Ok, Ye do know that he sin't just doing all this recording for the sake of it? And this tour. He is doing it because he wants to do it. Not because has to, he could just disappear again, release him farting into a microphone as an album to fulfill his contract and call ita day. Live off his past work. But thats not what he wants imo...

they definetly would. the greatest hits is still on the charts isn't it? and it did really well over here in ireland and that's saying something

I swear to God this man hates me. He almost kills me at KROQ, then "postpones" the Bakersfield show, then cancels my Fresno show. I just hope to god they actually do return to Bakersfield, as I just want to see the band up close for once in my life. (Two football fields away in San Bernadino doesn't quite satisfy.)

they definetly would. the greatest hits is still on the charts isn't it? and it did really well over here in ireland and that's saying something

But then again we Irish love our rock. Well, those of us not scumbags or scoubes that is...

It's so funny... Axl can't make it work without the old guys. He's had more than ten years, 13 million bucks, and two tours... still no album.

It's just really obvious at this point... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GnR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys -- you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night... well, each night that they're actually allowed to play.

Thankfully, Slash, Duff and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them.

Love this post and especially agree with the last sentence.

I swear to God this man hates me. He almost kills me at KROQ, then "postpones" the Bakersfield show, then cancels my Fresno show. I just hope to god they actually do return to Bakersfield, as I just want to see the band up close for once in my life. (Two football fields away in San Bernadino doesn't quite satisfy.)

Ouch, man I feel sorry for you :(

And I got a speeding ticket yesterday too! :(

But don't feel too bad, the show tonight was my Christmas present from my girlfriend. So now she'll have to get me something super sweet with the refund money. :P

Edited by Mav23

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Fuck there are a lot of Chicken Littles on this board.

They cancelled a show. Big fucking deal. Three cancellations out of like 60-70 shows this year. You realize that for GNR, even in its *prime*, that's a good fucking percentage?

Man I think these guys enjoy bad publicity!

It ain't the first time G N' R get some bad publicity you know,they will survive. Better bad publicity than no publicity at all.

Not in this case, they are treading on very, very thin ice at the moment, and can't afford a snafu like this. In the UYI days, they could start riots, walk off stage, miss gigs and people would still be yearning to see them the next time they came to town - basically, they could do no wrong.

have you guys ever thought that maybe the show got cancelled so axl can prepare for the release of this album in 6 days and since he is in cali he decided to take the night off and why there is no reason 4 cancelation is like axl said 2 days ago he isn't supposed 2 talk about it all we can do is have a lil patience

have you guys ever thought that maybe the show got cancelled so axl can prepare for the release of this album in 6 days and since he is in cali he decided to take the night off and why there is no reason 4 cancelation is like axl said 2 days ago he isn't supposed 2 talk about it all we can do is have a lil patience

optimism :o on this board :huh:

banned! we dont tolerate good things said about axl around here :anger::anger:

optimism :o on this board :huh:

banned! we dont tolerate good things said about axl around here :anger::anger:

:rofl-lol: I second that :rofl-lol: