Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

I cannot belive what I am reading. I realize that there were some dissapointed fans who dont get to see the show weds (including me). But you guys sound like a bunch of Sallys.

Yeah, it looks like Axl is winding down his year long tour of Europe and the US. Bout 90 shows? Great two hour extravaganzas with pyro, a myriad of opening bands, half nekkid women. Million fans, a whole new generation of t-shirts, and concessions, forums to post on. Youtube videos galore to see. Basically a years worth of entertainment for the price of admission........

....but as soon as there is a hiccup in the power, it becomes ....Oh my FUCKING GOD, Axl is th devil, he doesnt give a shit about us he sucks,he has no respect etc.

I guess we just cant look and see all the fun/good times we had and just want to focus on negative.

You people are the pathetic ones, not Axl.

How many times does it have to be said? It's about the album. All the frustration you are seeing now is borne out of the realization among fans that it's not happening this year, and worse yet the band doesn't care enough to communicate about the album to it's starving fans.

If Guns tours for the next ten years and doesn't release any new music, you'd be on cloud 9. As long as you see some tits, drink some booze, and hoop it up for two hours. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is great but most fans want more than that. It's been fifteen years since we've gotten an album's worth of new material from Axl, well most of us think that's long enough, especially since they were telling us for the last six years that this thing is about ready to come out. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you don't release new shit then as a band you lose respect. You become known as a nostalgia act, has beens, etc. We all know Axl still has it, he shouldn't be doing an AFD tour twenty years after they started the first one. I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

if it is about the album, then why did this all come out after GNR cancelled a show? It isnt about the album, it is about a bunch of people with nothing better to do finding a cause to champion.....Bitching about an aging rock star!

....and about a few of us who are just appreciative for a chance to see Axl in great form again. You guys need to put this in perspective. This is not a young band, jesus. There is two ways to look at it I guess.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have an alternative plan to go eat sushi just in case GnR blow out the gig....but you don't understand why people are getting pissed off?

Yeah, cause it is like the cigarette package warning. We all know what we are getting into, yet we still blame the cigarette company. We all know what Axl is about, yet we still buy the ticket, and if he pulls out of 4 shows in 90, we all jump him. Seems silly to me. I suggest when you go to buy the ticket, consider the source and stop bitching. Noone put a gun to your head, you knew the risk...and then you act surprised...please... :rolleyes:

I cannot belive what I am reading. I realize that there were some dissapointed fans who dont get to see the show weds (including me). But you guys sound like a bunch of Sallys.

Yeah, it looks like Axl is winding down his year long tour of Europe and the US. Bout 90 shows? Great two hour extravaganzas with pyro, a myriad of opening bands, half nekkid women. Million fans, a whole new generation of t-shirts, and concessions, forums to post on. Youtube videos galore to see. Basically a years worth of entertainment for the price of admission........

....but as soon as there is a hiccup in the power, it becomes ....Oh my FUCKING GOD, Axl is th devil, he doesnt give a shit about us he sucks,he has no respect etc.

I guess we just cant look and see all the fun/good times we had and just want to focus on negative.

You people are the pathetic ones, not Axl.

How many times does it have to be said? It's about the album. All the frustration you are seeing now is borne out of the realization among fans that it's not happening this year, and worse yet the band doesn't care enough to communicate about the album to it's starving fans.

If Guns tours for the next ten years and doesn't release any new music, you'd be on cloud 9. As long as you see some tits, drink some booze, and hoop it up for two hours. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is great but most fans want more than that. It's been fifteen years since we've gotten an album's worth of new material from Axl, well most of us think that's long enough, especially since they were telling us for the last six years that this thing is about ready to come out. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you don't release new shit then as a band you lose respect. You become known as a nostalgia act, has beens, etc. We all know Axl still has it, he shouldn't be doing an AFD tour twenty years after they started the first one. I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

if it is about the album, then why did this all come out after GNR cancelled a show? It isnt about the album, it is about a bunch of people with nothing better to do finding a cause to champion.....Bitching about an aging rock star!

It didn't just come out after this cancelled gig...it's been a rolling boil.It has everything to do with the album,the ramifications are evident from so many different perspectives,and they've all been discussed on this forum...intelligently for the most part.

I choose to look at it this way. Music is Axl's job; his career. If any of us decide not to go to work one day without letting the boss know why we'd be fired.

actually that is not correct. If you are the best at what you do, or one of the best, you can get away with shit. Not saying thatb is right but it is the way it is. Noone fired barry Bonds when he undressed before the end of the game that the Giants were eliminated in last year. they needed him to pinch hit and he said no. Didi he get fired.....nope, he got 16 mil + incentives. Your anolgy is not good. The elite in any field can take all the time they want.

I choose to look at it this way. Music is Axl's job; his career. If any of us decide not to go to work one day without letting the boss know why we'd be fired.

actually that is not correct. If you are the best at what you do, or one of the best, you can get away with shit. Not saying thatb is right but it is the way it is. Noone fired barry Bonds when he undressed before the end of the game that the Giants were eliminated in last year. they needed him to pinch hit and he said no. Didi he get fired.....nope, he got 16 mil + incentives. Your anolgy is not good. The elite in any field can take all the time they want.

Elite or not we're all humans and there's NO need to seperate him as better than us and let him just go on his merry way for doing what the normal lot couldn't. I say that for ALL people not just Axl.

It's called being a decent human. Letting a group of people you know follow you know what's going on. The whole camp is selfish if they don't say anything, which as of right now, I'm expecting.

Edited by kevin

It didn't just come out after this cancelled gig...it's been a rolling boil.It has everything to do with the album,the ramifications are evident from so many different perspectives,and they've all been discussed on this forum...intelligently for the most part.

what can I say man, then just be pissed, forget all the shit he did do, and focus on the negative. I suggest one of you guys start a FUCK AXL page, cause then i wont have to read this shit all the time. I am sure you will get many hits, cause according to you guys, you are the majority. Leave us GNR apologists here to just be comfortable in our own skin, cause that all I am. Damn this is just old. :sleeper:

Edited by Gunzen

Elite or not we're all humans and there's NO need to seperate him as better than us and let him just go on his merry way for doing what the normal lot couldn't. I say that for ALL people not just Axl.

It's called being a decent human. Letting a group of people you know follow you know what's going on. The whole camp is selfish if they don't say anything, which as of right now, I'm expecting.

didnt say I agreed with it, it is just how it is. I agree with you, and if you have read my posts I said it sucks, but I just dont think anyone should be surprised or hang him for missing 4 out of 90. Thats pretty goodfor 45 , heh.

P.S. I hate Barry Bonds. :P

Edited by Gunzen

I suggest when you go to buy the ticket, consider the source and stop bitching. Noone put a gun to your head, you knew the risk...and then you act surprised...please... :rolleyes:

I've been buying Guns tickets for a long time...I've seen Axl walk off stage early and I've shown up at a venue to find out a GnR gig was cancelled...all back in the "bad boy" era.It was all part of the mystique of the "new bad boys of rock" at that time.And I took the disappointment on the chin,and waited for the next opportunity to see them.I related to the rebel element of the band,it DREW me to them.They were REAL...and the chaos that surrounded them was equally as entertaining as the music.The live shows were unique and unpredictable.

People aren't acting surprised at recent cancelled gigs...it's going far beyond that.The difference is this ISN'T the original chaotic unpredictable original Guns N Roses.It's Axl Rose with a new line up,THAT'S the source that "has to be considered".

Drawing parallels to the original band isn't cutting it for most people,blind faith is fine...we've all been there,but this is a new era for GnR,and they have to prove themselves to the masses....on their own merit.

A tour without new product is a disastrous strategy...at this point.It's a fact that seems to proving itself moreso with each passing day.

Everyone wants this to work,but most people are taking an honest look at the situation and finding themselves hard pressed to back what is increasingly looking like 2002.A point strongly made by Gunsguy today (in so many words).

It's not 1991 and letting Axl off the hook NOW based on the band's behavior 15 years ago..as an excuse to explain current situations,isn't cutting it for most people.

Edited by zint61

I think the tour, and the band are done.

I hope so...now we just wait for Libertad to be released in the spring, VR to tour through the summer, and keep our fingers crossed for what we've all been waiting for in the Fall of '07 - REUNION TOUR

Keep on dreaming the nightmare.

Meanwhile, I'll go see some less absurd dreams, see ya >

Yeah why don't you IM somebody on your buddy list, smoke some pot and hate your parents...

Do me a favor, post a poll and see what's more likely to happen, the release of CD or a GNR reunion...and DON'T put "neither" as an option, because the latter is happening, its just a matter of time. Then Ron Thal will have all the time in the world to write you some nice emails claiming ignorance of the whole situation. Its funny how everyone tells the pro-reunion crowd to cut their mullets and move on, yet we're getting awfully close to all the anti-reunion, full bore CD crowd having to do the same thing.

Would someone Email me at opgunsguy@yahoo.ca when the band gets their shit together...

I will be waiting...

Cya

Gunsguy

LOL, indeed - Throw me on that update list aswell.

:rofl-lol: I think a lot of people will be joining that list.

I'm one of them. I'm through with coming here every day and clinging to hope. In hindsight, I feel pretty stupid for all of these years of doing so.

ps. There would be no problems with ticket sales with the curly-headed, top hat-wearing guitar player.

Perhaps Axl's psychic told him that he was in grave danger if he played Fresno tomorrow night? That would fucking rule if Axl cancelled a show and gave that as the explanation. Think of all the publicity that would get him.

hahaha that would be awesome, just imagine the people that bought tickets when they heard that

Perhaps Axl's psychic told him that he was in grave danger if he played Fresno tomorrow night? That would fucking rule if Axl cancelled a show and gave that as the explanation. Think of all the publicity that would get him.

that's the kind of thing rockstars can pull when they are on top of the world and at number 1 on the charts. Axl can't really pull that stuff at the moment, he doesn't have enough respect from the masses to get away with it due to the other 101 let downs he has given us

Would someone Email me at opgunsguy@yahoo.ca when the band gets their shit together...

I will be waiting...

Cya

Gunsguy

LOL, indeed - Throw me on that update list aswell.

:rofl-lol: I think a lot of people will be joining that list.

I'm one of them. I'm through with coming here every day and clinging to hope. In hindsight, I feel pretty stupid for all of these years of doing so.

ps. There would be no problems with ticket sales with the curly-headed, top hat-wearing guitar player.

not me... not now, not EVER. i would stick by this band no matter what... cancellations, struggles, whatever... it's the old adage "shit happens," but for every shit that has happened, 6 albums and an amazing tour so far has got me locked in.

there will always be at least one fan who remains loyal come hell or high water.

grave danger...is there any other kind of danger? :P

I don't think the tour is over but they must facing some big problems behind the scenes,and we will hardly know about it.Cancel a concert without any reason is really complicated.

Maybe Axl is pissed off about the poor ticket sales or his voice is fucked up again...I think we'll see another cancelled tour soon.

This is rather unfortunate, but I can't say I didn't see it coming...

Something big is going on...I think they are running into issues with the album, and now that they realize it won't be released this year they're panicking. I don't think it was purposely postponed, but I believe something has happened. Even if it's just Axl getting last-minute doubts.

Just my opinion. ;)