The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBF stated several times that he wasn't going to be on the album because it was too late. This was in July/August/September time. Then he never accepted any myspace messages from there on. Although it'll be because the messages are getting on top of him, we know he isn't one to lie. So he must have been asked during the US tour.

That article that was posted yesterday said he was recording last month for the Guns record, and in December we had an article on Frank recording. So I'm guessing around October they decided to record. HOWEVER they had a tour on and it would make things really hard.

So, when all you people think they're not doing much. I believe Guns are working there asses of in the studio recording. The management fell apart, they were in the middle of a tour, disaster struck. So, I believe they won't make the release date but are recording and doing something about it.

It's the only possible explanation. So basically January and part of December they have been recording, they probably done a lot of recording time and not a lot of days off. This is WHY everyone has remained kind of quiet. Then they have to put the 8 weeks on top of that, so late march I'm think early April at the earliest.

Just my opinion! :)

Best post so far out of those 32 pages. Makes total sense.

and you have read all 32 pages? poor guy :tongue2:

Nah, u don´t really need to to make that cind of conclusion ;)

There is not going to be a release of early March -

But I have confidence that March 1st or close to it, we'll get another update from Axl or an absolute " official release date ".

Maybe Axl is an accountant on the side and just wants to get through tax season.

I dunno about you guys, but im starting to wonder whether the album has been actually finished and handed over yet. Surely if it was indeed completed in January, as has been reported, it must have been turned over late that month. Here we are in the twilight of February and still absolutely no word of a firm release date. Weird.

So what the fuck did this have to do with the March 6 release date? Dick.

All albums leak. Period. Therefore, IMHO, you'll know the album is done when it actually leaks...Which is sad because I assume that will make everything just go to hell...I'd rather a solid release date and then have the album leak a week or so before it hits shelves...Instead, we'll prob. get silence, then a leak of the album, endless debate over whether it ACTUALLY IS the album, then an upset Axl deciding to not release it at all...

Hope I am wrong, but let's face it: EVERY album leaks. The Industry's biggest albums from last year (which, sadly, are of a much higher priority than GnR at this point) leaked. J Timberlake, Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, Fucking Nickleback-all those leaked. And, from the industry's perspective, keeping those from leaking were/are more important from preventing CD from leaking. CD won't be an INSTANT multi-platnum album...it will take a little time for Axl to win over the fans/critics he's pissed off over the last decade...But if the tunes are there, GnR will be back...but in the mean time, wait for the leak.

BBF stated several times that he wasn't going to be on the album because it was too late.

Whoa! I'm not sure where I've ever heard BBF state this publicly anywhere, but I can tell you that unless BBF lied to me to my face, (which I can't for the life of me figure why he'd do that) he is on the album.

I met him after the show at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa on November 17th. I asked him point blank if he played in any of the tracks on the new CD, his exact answer: "Some, some."

Mind you I don't believe that's groundbreaking news because I'm certain this has also been confirmed a few times in other comments by BBF publicly.

*Edited for spelling errors*

Before the US tour BBF said he was not going to be on the album. He and Frank did do some studio time durring the tour, and one can surmise that those last dates being cancelled meant they were doing more.

All albums leak. Period. Therefore, IMHO, you'll know the album is done when it actually leaks...Which is sad because I assume that will make everything just go to hell...I'd rather a solid release date and then have the album leak a week or so before it hits shelves...Instead, we'll prob. get silence, then a leak of the album, endless debate over whether it ACTUALLY IS the album, then an upset Axl deciding to not release it at all...

Hope I am wrong, but let's face it: EVERY album leaks. The Industry's biggest albums from last year (which, sadly, are of a much higher priority than GnR at this point) leaked. J Timberlake, Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, Fucking Nickleback-all those leaked. And, from the industry's perspective, keeping those from leaking were/are more important from preventing CD from leaking. CD won't be an INSTANT multi-platnum album...it will take a little time for Axl to win over the fans/critics he's pissed off over the last decade...But if the tunes are there, GnR will be back...but in the mean time, wait for the leak.

You know, I wish he would just release the damn thing but I have to say I would laugh my ass off if the album was to leak and then you would see Axl THEN busting ass to get it released. It would serve him right the fucking liar. I get more pissed off about this everyday, he fucking said he would let us know if there were going to be any delays, obviously the album isnt coming out on March 6th and we havent heard anything. We must be fucking morons to keep supporting this man, he obviously couldnt care less about us fans.

Most other bands can't keep the actual music from leaking, so there is no reason to think that Axl could keep news of the album being turned over to the record company a secret. No news means that the album isn't done yet.

I agree 100%....Sad it works like this...but Axl cannot keep the lid on things once they are actually done...

theres no way in hell, that itll come out.. i highly doubt it..

you may get a written explination from axl bullshitting us once again..

"sorry, due to legal, blah blah.. it wont come out till blah blah, thanks for your patience"

the thanks part is when people forgive his sorry ass.

Next time Axl speaks I think it'll be to tell us that CD is ready and handed over and a firm release date will be set.

Then everyone will be licking his balls again.

Just have to ride this uncomfortable few weeks. We should be good at that by now.

LP

There's no hope in hell the album will be released in 2-3 weeks. Out of the question.

I'm not even bothered about it being released in March - but it would be nice to hear an official statement confirming that the album is actually FINISHED!.......... Then we could at least expect a guarantee that it will be out within the next 6-8 weeks (i.e before the summer).

LA

Edited by LA_0013

Ok, so I was on the phone with Mr. Rose for like 2 hours last night, and the album is all done and done mixing. Its all in the producers hands now, and Axl will sone give us a statement about the release date and upcoming tour

Thanks - I appreciate that

Sure as hell it won´t be march 6th.

We know it and Axl knows it.

Next time we will have a statement from Axl it will include a release date, or a least a detailed information about the albums status.

First priority is that the statement includes a release date. But that means that this statement we´re holding our breths for is going to be delayed more then if it won´t contain a release date but that the album is delayed.

Lets assume that the album is ready to be released somewhere between april and may but still not have a specific date.

What would be best for the GnR camp to do? There´s two options: Release another tentative release date that will more then piss off some fans?

Or wait 'til they have a SPECIFIC release date? The problem here is obviously that it also would piss off some fans because they KNOW that Axl KNOW that CD wont be released march 6th, and therefore think he should say that in first place. But is the first alternative any better?

I would go for the second one. Wait 'til there is an actually release date before making any statement.

Why?

Because Axl know that the fans know it wont be out march 6th. There´s no need to make a statement to confirm that. Just as we know he knows that, he know we know ;)