VIDEOGAME Thread...

You guys are exaggerating the grenade effect. It's only really a problem on the real small maps, and it fucking tells you when a grenades near you, lol.

most of the maps are small. and they're not too small that when someone throws a grenade(or 3) accross the map, that it has time left to warn you. usually the few seconds it takes to travel cause it to explode very fast after landing

Shipment is the worst example...

oh god, there's a map where it's just too easy and random to win :rofl-lol: i've only played it once because i usually play S&D

i head COD5 will have vehicles, i'm not a huge fan of them in online games

You guys are exaggerating the grenade effect. It's only really a problem on the real small maps, and it fucking tells you when a grenades near you, lol.

most of the maps are small. and they're not too small that when someone throws a grenade(or 3) accross the map, that it has time left to warn you. usually the few seconds it takes to travel cause it to explode very fast after landing

oh god, there's a map where it's just too easy and random to win :rofl-lol: i've only played it once because i usually play S&D

Played a game of HQ and a game of Team Deathmatch on Shipment...

it was absolute chaos...

fun but too frantic for me to like...

i agree bout vehicles, they are suited to games like Halo as they are part of the campaign and stuff but in games like COD i cant see how it would work well

Vehicles will only be available in a new gametype called WAR mode. Make up your own conclusions from that I guess.

COD5 is being developed by Treyarch, not Activision - the same guys that made the rather distastrous COD3, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on it. They leapfrog production studios with the COD games - the major releases are the ones from Activision, so COD6 will be another big one for the series. COD5 will be like playing COD2 on the COD4 engine. My hopes aren't too high.

JDRM, i'd advise not to buy this day one, EA have a habbit of releasing games, that look great and have great concepts, too early, and therefore the games turn out to be poor. i could list many examples but mercenaries 2 is the most recent gem. just wait for reviews first on all EA games is my advice.

also to high voltage, i know about the differences between COD devs, and i know that the COD3 and 5 devs aren't great (they made spiderman 3 after all :P ) so i won't be buying it until its in the bargin bin. really can't wait to see infinity wards next game though. i'm sick of ww2 games, i like some good scopes with my guns

JDRM, i'd advise not to buy this day one, EA have a habbit of releasing games, that look great and have great concepts, too early, and therefore the games turn out to be poor. i could list many examples but mercenaries 2 is the most recent gem. just wait for reviews first on all EA games is my advice.

Will do ;)

To prepare for Fifa 09 im ordering myself a new dualshock... anyone else imported a white one? http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.p...CID=0&CTY=8 i'm a bit scared of getting caught with customs charges... :unsure:

I'm gonna get myself Xbox Live when FIFA 09 comes out. The online parts of the game seems very interesting.

Starcraft progaming update: Flash goes through the ''Group of Death'' in the OSL with 3 straight wins. Extremely impressive. His cheese against Bisu in the last game was really good. Check it out:

hey guysm is it too late to start playing Counter strike? i hear that its a very unforgiving game for new people

Never too late mate.

Get Counter-strike: Source however if you do - because it's the newer up to date version, better graphics - the whole bundle. Far more players also, better support etc. You do get mongs within the community, and it'll be a rough ride at first, but once you'll get into it - and it won't take that long, you'll start enjoying it a LOT. :]

I know it seems that way. But it all depends on what development studio makes the game. This game comes from DICE, the people who made battlefield, and after what I've heard, those are pretty popular good games. It also helps that EA only publishes the game, and not develope it.

Just like Criterion with the burnoutseries. EA gives them out, and they are always TOP NOTCH when it comes to delivering on day one.

I know it seems that way. But it all depends on what development studio makes the game. This game comes from DICE, the people who made battlefield, and after what I've heard, those are pretty popular good games. It also helps that EA only publishes the game, and not develope it.

Just like Criterion with the burnoutseries. EA gives them out, and they are always TOP NOTCH when it comes to delivering on day one.

Yeah, but Battlefield Bad Company was nothing compared to BF2. :no:

Yeah, but Battlefield Bad Company was nothing compared to BF2. :no:

Yeah, but the premise was totally different. Target group and gamplay also changed alot from those titles. Only thing in commen is the developer team and the name.

From what i've seen of gameplay from Mirrors Edge, it seems to live up to the promise.

I would buy it just out of a design perspective, looks STUNNING!

Maybe one day someone will make a game that I can actually play the whole way through without getting bored. The last game that I actually finished was Twilight Princess. I should probably buy Oblivion, that was pretty fun/interesting.

Maybe one day someone will make a game that I can actually play the whole way through without getting bored. The last game that I actually finished was Twilight Princess. I should probably buy Oblivion, that was pretty fun/interesting.

get oblivion...thats an awesome game