VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Metatron
thats why i plan on getting GH's instruments for rock band. they're cross compatible ^_^

and if you think that its setlist is better than rockband's.. sure. thats your opinion. im still kind of undecided though. i have to wait until deccember anyway to get either <_<

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: That was a joke right? let's not forget the ridiculous blunder of guitar hero 3/rock band.

what are you talking about?? anyway, both games announced that they're instruments can be used for the other game. so i dont get what you're saying about GH3 and rock band 1

oh, just the fact that the GH3 and rock band 1 guitars didn't work on both games. Harmonix blamed it on activision, activision blamed it on Harmonix. They had confirmed the instruments to work on both games, but that didn't happen, except for on the 360.

I just started playing STALKER. Love the game, hate how linear it is. Very disappointed overall as the gameplay is great, but the fact that you have to do certain things in certain orders really goes against what the company originally wanted to do with the game. I guess the constraints were just too much.

thats why i plan on getting GH's instruments for rock band. they're cross compatible ^_^

and if you think that its setlist is better than rockband's.. sure. thats your opinion. im still kind of undecided though. i have to wait until deccember anyway to get either <_<

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: That was a joke right? let's not forget the ridiculous blunder of guitar hero 3/rock band.

what are you talking about?? anyway, both games announced that they're instruments can be used for the other game. so i dont get what you're saying about GH3 and rock band 1

oh, just the fact that the GH3 and rock band 1 guitars didn't work on both games. Harmonix blamed it on activision, activision blamed it on Harmonix. They had confirmed the instruments to work on both games, but that didn't happen, except for on the 360.

hmm, i didnt know that. and you're right actually. now that i remember, the cross compatibility only works in xbox 360

-_-

Earthbound. Great fuckin game. Its a console RPG that is very fucking different, but pulls it off well. If you're a big video/computer game fan, give this motherfucker a try if you haven't already. Even if you don't like it, at least you can say you tried out a video game that a bunch of nerds rave about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound

new setlists for COD4 are coming to ps3 this weekend (already on 360). i'm going to start playing again because some of them sound too kick ass. 2 respawns in S&D!!! i was sick of being killed by random grenades on the smaller maps

Sounds ridiculous, just like the rest of stock COD4. Like they could make the game any easier, rofl.

new setlists for COD4 are coming to ps3 this weekend (already on 360). i'm going to start playing again because some of them sound too kick ass. 2 respawns in S&D!!! i was sick of being killed by random grenades on the smaller maps

Sounds ridiculous, just like the rest of stock COD4. Like they could make the game any easier, rofl.

Yeah no shit. The game is too easy, and that is why everyone loves it so much. I get bored playing it.

Two respawns defeats the whole fucking purpose of Search and Destroy. That is just fucking stupid.

it depends who you're playing against i think. but i do agree team death match is too easy, it involves respawning randomly and killing whoever is in the spot you respawn in. but they're bringing in other game modes like hardcore team death match which should be fun

This is a dumb question but because it's so obvious I can't find any info about it.

Can you play Rock Band 2 with just a normal 360 controller or do you have get all the instuements?

I want to get the game and play it but don't want to do the...I'm not sure how the ganme works really?

This is a dumb question but because it's so obvious I can't find any info about it.

Can you play Rock Band 2 with just a normal 360 controller or do you have get all the instuements?

I want to get the game and play it but don't want to do the...I'm not sure how the ganme works really?

you need the intruments...

dont have to get all of them though...

a normal guitar hero/ rockband controller will work perfectly...

but to do all parts you need the instruments...

personally the GHWT deal is much better as its like 2 guitars, mic and drums with the game for bout £150 which is a great deal which i would get...

Could always buy the GH set and trade in the game for RB2

it depends who you're playing against i think. but i do agree team death match is too easy, it involves respawning randomly and killing whoever is in the spot you respawn in. but they're bringing in other game modes like hardcore team death match which should be fun

I play competitively on PC against good teams... it's all run-jump-spam. In terms of a game, I think there's very little skill required to play it. Nothing like say, COD2 where you actually had to spend time aiming.

you need the intruments...

dont have to get all of them though...

a normal guitar hero/ rockband controller will work perfectly...

but to do all parts you need the instruments...

personally the GHWT deal is much better as its like 2 guitars, mic and drums with the game for bout £150 which is a great deal which i would get...

Could always buy the GH set and trade in the game for RB2

Thanks.

I sort of just want to use the controller, not use instruments.

I play competitively on PC against good teams... it's all run-jump-spam. In terms of a game, I think there's very little skill required to play it. Nothing like say, COD2 where you actually had to spend time aiming.

well then the ps3 version must be different. its all down to style, you can load up with a silenced SMG and run around fast and shooting faster, or you can camoflauge yourself and stalk your opponent until BANG.

or you could be a sniper who decides to hide when he's the last man on your team until the clock runs out :sleeper::fuckyou:

i prefer it to games like gears of war and types like it where the bullets shoot out as balls of light. i much prefer accurate bullets where you can get head shots

well then the ps3 version must be different. its all down to style, you can load up with a silenced SMG and run around fast and shooting faster, or you can camoflauge yourself and stalk your opponent until BANG.

or you could be a sniper who decides to hide when he's the last man on your team until the clock runs out :sleeper::fuckyou:

i prefer it to games like gears of war and types like it where the bullets shoot out as balls of light. i much prefer accurate bullets where you can get head shots

Yeah, but that's just it - point the gun in their general direction and you have a hit. If you've ever played CS or COD2 or whatever, try doing that and see what happens. There's also no 3-nade perks for you to chuck randomly up in the air and get a kill, etc.

I like the game (lord knows I play it enough), but like I said - there's very little skill required to play it, and I play modified 5v5 snd versions with all perks removed and some changes made to the health (promod) to make it more challenging.

Yeah, but that's just it - point the gun in their general direction and you have a hit. If you've ever played CS or COD2 or whatever, try doing that and see what happens. There's also no 3-nade perks for you to chuck randomly up in the air and get a kill, etc.

I like the game (lord knows I play it enough), but like I said - there's very little skill required to play it, and I play modified 5v5 snd versions with all perks removed and some changes made to the health (promod) to make it more challenging.

god i hate that perk, 50% of my deaths are from random grenades, but i think its only due to the small maps, in most if you jump while throwing a grenade you will get the enmy respawn area.

i have played them. but i think that running towards the enmy and killing them on their own side takes skill. not everyone can do that well

You guys are exaggerating the grenade effect. It's only really a problem on the real small maps, and it fucking tells you when a grenades near you, lol.

most of the maps are small. and they're not too small that when someone throws a grenade(or 3) accross the map, that it has time left to warn you. usually the few seconds it takes to travel cause it to explode very fast after landing

You guys are exaggerating the grenade effect. It's only really a problem on the real small maps, and it fucking tells you when a grenades near you, lol.

most of the maps are small. and they're not too small that when someone throws a grenade(or 3) accross the map, that it has time left to warn you. usually the few seconds it takes to travel cause it to explode very fast after landing

Shipment is the worst example...