Film Thread

ssiscool

Just watched Hoop Dreams.

If you want to get a taste of what life is like for poor blacks males in the inner-city (especially for those fighting to get out) .........I recommend it.

Edited by SunnyDRE

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still yet to see Charlie Wilson's War, but I'm sure I'll like it whenever I do.

Great movie. Phillip Seymour Hoffman steals the show.

'Also water goes over a dam, and under a bridge, you poncey schoolboy!'

:lol: Epic stuff.

Anyone seen Capote with Hoffman? It's got a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes so I was thinking about checking it out.

Also, what are some other good movies with him?

I didn't think Capote was very good. Check out "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead" and "Owning Mahowny".

Anyone seen Capote with Hoffman? It's got a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes so I was thinking about checking it out.

Also, what are some other good movies with him?

I think you would get a much better movie-experience out of it if you read some Capote first, especially In Cold Blood. I regret I didn't - but, still, excellent movie.

Well, we read one Capote story last year. I forget what it was called though. Something with a little boy and older woman who wasn't "right".

@Johnny Blaze: I've seen Before The Devil Knows Your Dead and I really liked it. I was reading about Owning Mahowny on IMDB earlier and it seemed really interesting. I'll have to check that one out as well.

Just watched Hoop Dreams.

If you want to get a taste of what life is like for poor blacks males in the inner-city (especially for those fighting to get out) .........I recommend it.

How do you spell that word again, begins with a P and ends with an atronising. Hmmmm..