Guns N' Roses to be introduced into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

henfjel

Why are you guys saying only Steven will show when Slash already said he would? I would expect Duff to show and Im sure Izzy would be willing to come out of his shell to do it. The only questions to be asked about this situation are will Matt be invited? And who is going to sing (obviously not Axl, too stuck up and bitter)?

Wouldn't that be interesting if they played without him? Almost a moment of silence (vocally) for a great band that has fallen. Just instrumentals- Insane, vigorous solos, Gilby and Tracii might as well go out.

Its still early days to say who will or won't be there, but don't rule Axl out just yet.

Duff is probably the only person that can get him and Slash into a room and I think the current guys are appreciative of the old band so they would hopefully push Axl to turn up.

No way Axl will be there - there are just too many variables out of his control and as we know he doesn't like that. For example the questions about an old lineup reunion would just be crazy... Maybe that can invite along a cool singer like Miles Kennedy to do some live songs.

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.

:shrugs:

Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.

But who knows this was before Duff meet up with him at the O2 gig in London! who would of thought that 12 Months ago!

The Key member that could get them all to show up is the Duff man he would be the middle man between Slash and Axl

Lets hope they bury the hachet for one night, life is too short!

But who knows this was before Duff meet up with him at the O2 gig in London! who would of thought that 12 Months ago!

The Key member that could get them all to show up is the Duff man he would be the middle man between Slash and Axl

Lets hope they bury the hachet for one night, life is too short!

Well he did mention it would be no wonder to see Duff onstage again, playing guitar, which is exactly what happened.

Is it standard that the band plays a song or two?

I can see everyone showing up, but no way in hell would they play together.

The most dangerous thing that could happen is to have the most dangerous band in the world on the same stage.

Just my thoughts...

Next to the SEX- PISTOLS rock and roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain. Your museum. Urin in wine. We're not coming. We're not your monkey and so what? Fame at $25,000 if we paid for a table, or $15,000 to squeak up in the gallery,goes to a non- profit organization selling us a load of old famous. Congatulations. If you voted for us, hope you noted your reasons. Your anonymous as judges, but your still music industry people. We're not coming. Your not paying attention. Outside the shit- stem is a real SEX PISTOL - Johnny Rotten (and Wenner read John Lydon's letter out at the ceremony chuckling the entire time).

So there ya go. You pay for your own table and pay towards a non-profit and get a tax writeoff. I'm sure some of the industry people pony up the table money, some of which have been noted to be in the 6 figure range.

Devo gave their fans a "how to" primer:

http://nominatedevo.com/How.htm

And Steely Dan described their (at the time) ongoing saga about the Rock Hall. Without a doubt, Becker was having some online fun with the whole thing, but the "Fire Sale" at tne end was the best part of this. I'm sure the attention played a part.

http://www.steelydan.com/hof.html

And without a doubt, Iggy and the Stooges covering Madonna put them in. Had she not done that, Alice Cooper would be getting in before Iggy right now. Also remember Alice is a Republican and that might have been a reason Wenner wanted him kept out. Rolling Stone is also a political magazine that put Obama on the covers twice in a year.

I think even if Matt doesn't get inducted, he's prob. still going to show up because Slash and Duff will be there.

So when Axl gets an award, what does he actually do with them? Does he have them on display or does he use them as a door wedge?

Eddie Van Halen did explain to his fans why he didn't attend, but I do think Roth didn't go because it would've ended the tour, not because he didn't like Sam...even though he had talked about what he would've said had he gone. I heard he was spotted either walking or biking past the hotel they do the inductions in.

If GNR are inducted and Axl doesn't show, it's either going to be Kid Rock destroying the songs, or getting Pink or Fergie to sing a few songs, because, face it, they want someone famous just to get the youngins' to watch. You know that's how it's prob. going to go down.

I will quote myself from another thread:

The current band will perform and get inducted at the HOF. Duff and Izzy will probably play with them also like Jason did with Metallica.

$la$h and $teven won't be there like Mustaine was not present for Metallica. At least mustaine was invited...those two won't be invited by Axl.

Keep dreaming...

LOL you think Axl would invite those 2? One is a basket case the other has talked shit about him for the past 14 years.

And keep dreaming Axl is going to show up....

Why would he not show up for HIS band to get inducted? i mean he has been there before to induct someone else so he has no problem with the HOF.

Because Slash and Steven Will be there

No. They WANT to be there.

No... they will be there, whether Axl has "invited" them or not.

The Rock Hall ceremony will be back in Cleveland in 2012 and @gunsnroses are the only newly eligible act that will get in right away.

Of course they will, they were/are (one of) the greatest rock band ever :xmasssanta:

'were' and deserve a place in the Hall of Fame based on past achievements.

Only Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler need show up, as they made the music that got the name Guns N'Roses into the Hall of Fame.

..the hired hands need not show :xmassrudolph:

Edited by star

They won't be there if they are not invited by the MAN.

It's not up to Axl who gets inducted.

Much like Alice Cooper, where the AC being inducted is not just old man Vince, it's the band Alice, Michael Bruce, Glen Buxton, Neil Smith and Dennis Dunaway. Anyone that came thru Alice's solo band, like Al Pitrelli, Eric Singer or Ryan Roxie won't get inducted.

Edited by moreblack

I don't think it's up to Axl who gets invited.

I would imagine they are certainties to be inducted. The whole "Will they? Won't they?" that'll surround it is great publicity. Will Axl go? I doubt it, but you never know.

I understand why he wouldn't want too, people can say "Well it's only for one night.", but it clearly wouldn't be. He shows up and then it's "Why not one gig? Why not one tour?", he's made it clear he want's to put talk of a reunion in the past. A video message would be cool though.

Lookin' forward to it anyway, it's nice to know there's a guaranteed source of GNR controversy on the horizon.

Edited by axldavies