Chewbacca

The Gear Thread

831 posts in this topic

Took all my stuff to practice today. When I brought the Class 5 in everyone was convinced plugging it in would be a waste of time. I put it on top an extra 2x12 my bassist had but didn't plug it in at first. First few songs I just played with the amp and it kept up! It was pushing it, I had everything dimed, but it was awesome. Everyone was pretty shocked and happy to eat their words, me included. On our loudest songs it cut through, but it was still kind of pushing the limits (we have a really loud drummer too) and I had to use the Fulldrive on solos. However, on certain songs I had to actually turn down quite a bit on the guitar's volume and I could still hear the cleans. Sounded good and the tone is especially monstrous when turned up. Experimented using it with and without the 2x12. Sounded great in either setting.

So yeah, now I have two very kick ass and usable tube amps. I am going to get an ABY switch and run them at the same time. I think the Class 5 and Blues Deluxe will really compliment one another.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Took all my stuff to practice today. When I brought the Class 5 in everyone was convinced plugging it in would be a waste of time. I put it on top an extra 2x12 my bassist had but didn't plug it in at first. First few songs I just played with the amp and it kept up! It was pushing it, I had everything dimed, but it was awesome. Everyone was pretty shocked and happy to eat their words, me included. On our loudest songs it cut through, but it was still kind of pushing the limits (we have a really loud drummer too) and I had to use the Fulldrive on solos. However, on certain songs I had to actually turn down quite a bit on the guitar's volume and I could still hear the cleans. Sounded good and the tone is especially monstrous when turned up. Experimented using it with and without the 2x12. Sounded great in either setting.

So yeah, now I have two very kick ass and usable tube amps. I am going to get an ABY switch and run them at the same time. I think the Class 5 and Blues Deluxe will really compliment one another.

Yeah pretty surprised myself didn't think the Class 5 combo would be loud enough, or atleast sound any good in a loud band situation i thought you'd need the head/cab. Cool!

Edited by Silverburst80
1 person likes this

I decided to give in to the temptation to return to my roots on a Gibson SG. I'm still continuing my quest for a SG Custom but in the meantime after much debate I decided to pull the trigger on a virtually never played 2005 '61 Reissue in what is probably the nicest cherry finish I've ever seen on an SG. SG's have a lot of sentimental value to me, so over the past year as I've been downsizing and streamlining my gear the last step seemed to be to get the first guitar I ever fell in love with. My first ever electric guitar was an Epi G-400 but by the time I got into getting an actual Gibson I had become more interested in Les Pauls.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

@Rovim

Never have I ever!

Out of likes, but proper reply. If you never played one, I know I'm dreaming big enough. Greed is deadly, 007.

Edited by Rovim
1 person likes this

I need headphones. I superglued these ibuds together after I slept on them, but now I feel like I'm injecting superglue into my ears, how am I still living. I need to go to Japan, they have awesome headphones everywhere. I'm talking cheap Sony ones. 10 dollars. I fucked up my cd walkman too.