The Gear Thread

On 2/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, ZoSoRose said:

The OR50 has a lot more thump and clarity in the mix, and it honestly isn’t overkill. I can run the master half way up or more in the band comfortably.

Idk what the hell I was talking about when I made this post. I had this shit on 3 and it was loud af, last week :lol: love the Orange, still. Also picked up another Marshall Class 5, last year and it’s great for practice and small gigs. 

I leave my analog board and little Marshall at my main band’s rehearsal space in my guitarist’s attic (taking the Orange up there with a 212 would be hell)

Leave the Helix at home for recording (and use it for good gigs with the Orange)

Orange stays at home and is used for good gigs or stays at my bassist’s when we do rehearsals there

Have the little Headrush MX5 for rehearsals with a hip- hop group I joined in the summer. Easy to carry and just plug into the PA

All overkill? Probably, but who cares! And now I use all my gear! And my dad uses my old Fender Blues Deluxe with his band. 

Edited by ZoSoRose

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Is your Second Jubilee long gone?:lol:

Traded it for a mint 1990 JCM 900 half stack when I was getting back into gigging after the pandemic. The 900 definitely sounded immense, but man are half stacks overkill for any gig these days. Definitely felt cool to have the Marshall backline again for a while though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Traded it for a mint 1990 JCM 900 half stack when I was getting back into gigging after the pandemic. The 900 definitely sounded immense, but man are half stacks overkill for any gig these days. Definitely felt cool to have the Marshall backline again for a while though.

That’s sweet. I have the Orange PPC212ob which is a compact 2x12 cab. Can’t imagine lugging around a full 4x12! Even a full-size 2x12 would be a lot

4x12s are cool though…

18 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That’s sweet. I have the Orange PPC212ob which is a compact 2x12 cab. Can’t imagine lugging around a full 4x12! Even a full-size 2x12 would be a lot

4x12s are cool though…

The look is definitely iconic, but for the (mostly) indie gigs and performing arts stuff I do these days I just don't want to be that guy. :lol:

Definitely impressed with the DSL so far. I've learned I really like the V-Type speakers. Almost like the voice of a Greenback but with the clarity of a Vintage 30. More than suitable for everything I play. 

Guitar gear dudes:

Robin Fincks Les Paul that he used on live performances of "Better" in 2006 (as seen in the Rock am Ring and Inland Invasion shows). 

Whats the official name color of the finish? Seems to be some type of burgundy.

Guitar seems to be a LP Custom, correct?

6 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Guitar gear dudes:

Robin Fincks Les Paul that he used on live performances of "Better" in 2006 (as seen in the Rock am Ring and Inland Invasion shows). 

Whats the official name color of the finish? Seems to be some type of burgundy.

Guitar seems to be a LP Custom, correct?

I think it's a Les Paul Custom in wine red

• 2 weeks later...

The new Fender bass I got rocks. Came brand- new. $600 shipped for a genuine, brand- new, Made in Japan Fender is unheard of. Came sealed in the box with the gigbag, too. This series is now on blowout on the Fender site for $800, but I wish I also bought the Tele or Strat for another $600, now. Why not at those prices? Oh wel, at least I snagged the bass! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...