Axl and Dj on That Metal Show

Spirit

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone got what axl said? my speakers are so fucked

He was talking about his voice, exercises, and other band members wanting to play certain songs and whatnot.

And also joking about regretting to have written YCBM because it's so hard to sing. I really liked that question about if he felt he'd painted himself into a corner with the voice he used in the early days, because I have really wondered about that.

He should be proud. It's one of the greatest tunes ever written.

Thanks for the updates guys!

It is and Axl sang the hell our of that song live! I can't wait to see this interview. I'm still on an Axl and GNR high, so seeing him again this Friday will be awesome. I got my recording ready. :)

Edited by Val22

blabbermouth.net has an article about Axl and DJ on the Metal Show on the season's premiere and it said Axl talks about the new band members, why he is touring the US now and what his fans mean to him. Not sure about talking about the original members, but the next show on November 18 has Slash and you know they will talk about Axl's appearance.

Anyway, it seems S. Bach's band is opening for 3 GNR shows, November 19, 20 and 23! I wish he would have opened for our show in Dallas. I've never seen Bach, but hey it's cool he's doing some GNR shows.

Can't wait for Friday. It's going be epic!

blabbermouth.net has an article about Axl and DJ on the Metal Show on the season's premiere and it said Axl talks about the new band members, why he is touring the US now and what his fans mean to him. Not sure about talking about the original members, but the next show on November 18 has Slash and you know they will talk about Axl's appearance.

Anyway, it seems S. Bach's band is opening for 3 GNR shows, November 19, 20 and 23! I wish he would have opened for our show in Dallas. I've never seen Bach, but hey it's cool he's doing some GNR shows.

I think the Slash show was already recorded before the Axl interview.

I think the Slash show was already recorded before the Axl interview.

OH well, what a shame! lol

Season nine of VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show" kicks off on National Metal Day (11-11-11) with an exclusive interview with GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose and lead guitarist DJ Ashba. In his first television interview in over a decade, Rose opens up about his new bandmates, touring, rumors, misconceptions and much more.

The premiere episode of "That Metal Show" with Axl Rose airs Friday, November 11 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on VH1 Classic.

Named one of the greatest singers of all time by Rolling Stone, Rose, the only remaining original member of GUNS N' ROSES, gives an exclusive interview to "That Metal Show", discussing intimate details of his past, present and future. The notoriously private singer opens up to "That Metal Show" hosts Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine in a one-hour sit-down interview shortly after leaving the stage in Miami on Saturday, October 29. In this no-holds-barred interview, Rose divulges why he is touring now, what his fans and music mean to him, his past albums, future music plans, and offers intimate revelations behind some of his most famous hits such as "Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and much more.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165757

All of this sounds very cool. But I wonder what they had to cut out, there are so many goodies and apparently only 30 minutes will be shown.

All of this sounds very cool. But I wonder what they had to cut out, there are so many goodies and apparently only 30 minutes will be shown.

If the actualy interview time in the show is 30 minutes, that's a lot. An hour show on tv has 20 minutes of commercials, making it a 40 minute show. So if 30 is true, that's a damn good chunk.

If the actualy interview time in the show is 30 minutes, that's a lot. An hour show on tv has 20 minutes of commercials, making it a 40 minute show. So if 30 is true, that's a damn good chunk.

It certainly is.

But, maniacs as most of us here are... Knowing there's an hour worth of interview, we should petition VH1 to make the whole thing available online - uncut. :D

It certainly is.

But, maniacs as most of us here are... Knowing there's an hour worth of interview, we should petition VH1 to make the whole thing available online - uncut. :D

This is seriously a good idea! Even if it is a big proportion of a 1 hour show, the fact is still that Axl chooses to speak for the first time in ages and we are only getting to see half of it!

It certainly is.

We should actually do that! I bet that dozens of crazy GNR fanatics messaging VH1 would at least get our voices heard and there will be a better chance of getting the uncut interview

Anyway, it seems S. Bach's band is opening for 3 GNR shows, November 19, 20 and 23!

Is that what blabbermouth said? Still wondering who Im gunna see open for them on the 25th in worcester. I'll be real disapointed if its some last minute local chumps or whatever. For the price of the ticket, the supporting act should be a decent, well-established group. But without promotion, theres zero chance that the supporting act will draw fans of their own.

It certainly is.

TMS usually has a "scrap metal" edition with bonus footage. He usually responds to questions on Twitter when he's on or when people call in to his Sirius show.

Lars from Metallica was the last guest that the Metal Show had. I wonder if he gave Axl the idea that the show would be good promotion for the tour. Maybe he vouched for the guys, I mean they must of been invited to Miami by someone in the GNR camp. Even though it was sketchy whether or not Axl would actually sit down with them, would they of canceled their plans, take the whole crew down there , and wait all night , just to interview the other band members? Thank god Axl did meet up with them because they would of buried him if they brought the whole production down there with some kind of guarantee and he changed his mind.