OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Izzys got the fuckin sense to understand that these things are just fuckin embarrassing. And all this owe it to the fans bollocks is just a load of fuckin shit, talk about an inflated sense of your own importance, i rate Izzy, he's the one out of all of them lot that just comes across as a cool sort of bloke and not some head-up-his-own-arse twat.

Would you be saying that if the Sex Pistols hadn't blown 'em off? :lol:

The Sex Pistola "blowing off" the Hall of Fame was their way of accepting.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from Duff which makes sense, anything can happen at the last minute:

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/guns_n_roses_hard-rock_legends.html

It's too bad, in a lot of respects, that we can't get on the phone and just go, 'OK, great, let's go to dinner and then go do our thing.' But we've never been that type of band, and that's probably why people loved us. We were the real deal. We didn't communicate, and it all came out onstage sometimes -- like, sideways. You know?

If you saw that article in the paper, they labeled 40% of the band incorrectly in the picture on the main page. Gilby was labeled Dizzy and Dizzy was Matt Sorum I think. Great job, Chronicle/Plain Dealer. Can't remember which it was.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

"I don't really give a [expletive]. . . . If they all want to go play a song and get their award, I would have no problem with it. Do I think I'm part of that? Hell no! It's all about the original band, and that's fine. It's all about 'Appetite,' really."

-Tommy Stinson

Now we can put that garbage to rest.

"I don't really give a [expletive]. . . . If they all want to go play a song and get their award, I would have no problem with it. Do I think I'm part of that? Hell no! It's all about the original band, and that's fine. It's all about 'Appetite,' really."

-Tommy Stinson

Cool quote - the current lineup seem to be very comfortable about it all, and supportive of the original gang. In a perfect world it would be fantastic to have original GnR perform with current GnR there cheering them on...

Now we can put that garbage to rest.

^ Woops, fucked up the quote - Anyway, its not a perfect world so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

That's a great quote from Duff and it's certainly true...

GN'R was always a band that were REAL, and things done behind the scenes just doesn't happen. And this has carried on with the current band, nothing has changed and it's just Axl's way of doing things.

Who remembers that 6 min promo of that Axl Rose documentary, from lush productions. And it shows alot of backstage footage from the 06 tour, and in one of the videos' you see all the guys walking onto the stage as the intro orchestral music sounds. You can see Robin, Richard, Chris, Izzy and Axl. And no joke, Izzy says to Axl as they are going onstage, "How are you?", to which Axl responds "Good, good, good".

So Izzys' first contact with Axl that show night in Paris, must have been when GN'R was literally GOING onto the stage. :ph34r:

Just shows another example of what Duff was saying in that quote...

Edited by One.In.A.Million

GN'R was always a band that were REAL, and things done behind the scenes just doesn't happen. And this has carried on with the current band, nothing has changed and it's just Axl's way of doing things.

Who remembers that 6 min promo of that Axl Rose documentary, from lush productions. And it shows alot of backstage footage from the 06 tour, and in one of the videos' you see all the guys walking onto the stage as the intro orchestral music sounds. You can see Robin, Richard, Chris, Izzy and Axl. And no joke, Izzy says to Axl as they are going onstage, "How are you?", to which Axl responds "Good, good, good".

So Izzys' first contact with Axl that show night in Paris, must have been when GN'R was literally GOING onto the stage. :ph34r:

Good example,its always been that way,still is.

I just think he was focused with the show and when he turns around to look, that's when he realized it was Izzy. He honestly looked focused and prob. thought it could've been anyone saying that.

So do we know of anyone who's gonna provide updates?

According to Matt Sorum he is gonna update people of what's going down

He said he'll do that if he gets 50k followers by the day. It's 6 days away and he needs over 10k more followers, I dunno if he'll get there.

I just think he was focused with the show and when he turns around to look, that's when he realized it was Izzy. He honestly looked focused and prob. thought it could've been anyone saying that.

Agreed,Tuning in to Focus on a Gig of that magnitude involves tuning out extraneous comments, it wasn't a malevolent missile aimed at Izzy.

Sl

Does anybody have a link for that?

Izzys got the fuckin sense to understand that these things are just fuckin embarrassing. And all this owe it to the fans bollocks is just a load of fuckin shit, talk about an inflated sense of your own importance, i rate Izzy, he's the one out of all of them lot that just comes across as a cool sort of bloke and not some head-up-his-own-arse twat.

Would you be saying that if the Sex Pistols hadn't blown 'em off? :lol:

The Sex Pistola "blowing off" the Hall of Fame was their way of accepting.

It would have been weird if the Pistols showed up, and Wenner reading the letter was better than anything Lydon or Jonesy would have said.

Izzy and Axl have a fragile friendship.. it's one of those where if they see each other on a rare occasion, that's plenty. Some brothers see each other less frequently than they do,who knows how often Axl sees his brother and sister...

Izzy and Axl have a fragile friendship.. it's one of those where if they see each other on a rare occasion, that's plenty. Some brothers see each other less frequently than they do,who knows how often Axl sees his brother and sister...

Probably more often than we think. Don't they work for him?

As far as Tweets to follow?

Robbie Robertson, Steve Van Zandt, Flea, Adler/Slash/McKagan/Axl/Fernando/Perla, Quest from The Roots, Donovan Official (and his son Donovan Leitch, because he's prob. going to be hanging with Slash and Duff as well as Donovan), Bette Midler, Ron Wood, Kenney Jones. Anyone else that brings up going, I'll post names because they'll be sending pics live.