Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New music opinion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: New music opinion (95 member(s) have cast votes)

would you rather have

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

PITBOSS

PITBOSS

DEMI-GOD

• SILVER
  • 1,344 posts
  • 05-January 12
what would be better, unreleased older stuff like the general or brand new stuff created fully by this band? opinion?

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,742 posts
  • 12-January 05
That's a tough one. I'd have to go with older unreleased stuff. I love the techno-industrial sound, and I don't think the current line-up would make that kind of music.

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • 07-September 12
I'd love to hear the rest of the material that was written during the Chinese Democracy sessions, and maybe bring the current lineup into the studio to do something in the vein of Appetite
This would be my preferred line up of Guns N' Roses, after the original band broke up.

Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Josh Freese, Richard Fortus, Robin Finck

Chinese Democracy's torturously protracted gestation and disappointing release feel uniquely insulting, as if Axl Rose decided in 1993 that he hated his fans and would spend the next decade-and-a-half making them miserable.

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts
  • 16-September 09
bit of both, more of the same, find out what the fuck The General is all about and then finally see what this band can do as one full unit.

Lots of buckethead preferably.
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,674 posts
  • 15-July 03
I would love to see Axl give this band their chance to shine with their own material.

evader

evader

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • 22-November 08
Axl had a vision for multiple albums from the CD sessions, and I want to hear the rest of it. I'd like to hear stuff from the current lineup too, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to like the Bucket stuff the most (if we ever get to hear it).

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05

what would be better, unreleased older stuff like the general or brand new stuff created fully by this band? opinion?

How could we possibly know without having heard either?

Which steak tastes better? The first one you didn't taste or the second one you didn't taste?

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,732 posts
  • 29-February 08
I'm sure whatever gets released I will enjoy, however I do think that it will be a mix of both old recordings and new

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,501 posts
  • 10-May 08
Bucketfinck stuff. Would barely even be excited for a DJ album.

dQOAHSG.png

PITBOSS

PITBOSS

DEMI-GOD

• SILVER
  • 1,344 posts
  • 05-January 12

Which steak tastes better? The first one you didn't taste or the second one you didn't taste?

just an opinion of which way would prefer the band go with the next album. even though you haven't tasted either of those steaks which one would you order?

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05

just an opinion of which way would prefer the band go with the next album. even though you haven't tasted either of those steaks which one would you order?

Well I'm pretty hungry man so I guess I'd want the stuff that's already done rather than waiting even longer for new stuff to be cooked from scratch.

PITBOSS

PITBOSS

DEMI-GOD

• SILVER
  • 1,344 posts
  • 05-January 12

Well I'm pretty hungry man so I guess I'd want the stuff that's already done rather than waiting even longer for new stuff to be cooked from scratch.

i kinda lean that way too, if it wasn't for the fact i'd like to see them playing the tunes they created together. so i guess i'll say a little bit of both.

AXL_N_DIZZY

AXL_N_DIZZY

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • 18-November 11
Would take either- but am beginning to think that the CD years were very "defensive" un-Axl type years where he wasn't very sure of himself, etc. I think CD already captures all that very well IMHO.

Moving forward- if given a choice- I think I'd rather hear from him (and the line-up he's toured with the last 3 years) now- as opposed to hear what he was thinking in 2002 with a line-up that's long gone and a state of mind that is no longer relevant, etc...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY, 02 November 2012 - 12:43 AM.

Dizzy Reed: "You know what, Axl is a lot more fun at 5 a.m. than he is at 5 p.m. Let's put it that way."

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,574 posts
  • 31-March 04
I think a Deluxe edition of CD with the rest of that stuff if it was finished to the same degree as CD. Then a new album.

But a bit of both sounds good.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,674 posts
  • 15-July 03
An 8 song EP for Christmas. They did it with Lies, do it again! Checkmate, General, Soulmonster, Thyme, etc.

Take a few months off to vacation. Then meet back in the studio and write and record an album as a band.

Everybody wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users