Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors (26 member(s) have cast votes)

The Rolling Stones vs. The Doors

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
I finally get to vote for the Stones.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
The Doors best songs are as good or better than any other band's best songs. Still, I love The Stones.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,786 posts
  • 17-February 06
Stones. Not even a question.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,365 posts
  • 10-May 08
rare tenderloin vs. overcooked flank

Edited by bacardimayne, 15 December 2012 - 07:16 PM.

dQOAHSG.png

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,896 posts
  • 23-July 06
The doors! One of my favs!

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,365 posts
  • 10-May 08
looololololololoolol1q

dQOAHSG.png

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,023 posts
  • 28-January 11
The Stoning Rolls

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • 16-May 12
The stones win but Jim Morrison easily had the better vocals than the walking dead. If only Morrison had a better band around him he would've easily made better music than the stones. Just give him a blues based guitarist like a Clapton or Beck and he would've created masterpieces.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

looololololololoolol1q

Jim Morrison > Mick Jagger.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 16,923 posts
  • 14-August 07

The stones win but Jim Morrison easily had the better vocals than the walking dead. If only Morrison had a better band around him he would've easily made better music than the stones. Just give him a blues based guitarist like a Clapton or Beck and he would've created masterpieces.

Actually a really valid point IMO there. It's like Jimbo had all this charisma and this big, booming voice but his band were fucking boring gits. You seen the Doors Classic Albums episode? That fucking keyboardist put me to sleep! Boring twat.

KILL LENNY.

He's fighting for ISIS.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 38,412 posts
  • 31-March 04
The Doors are out of this world.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Fuck that man, The Doors were sick even outside of Jimbos lyrics and charisma, solos like the ones on Light My Fire were fuckin' amazing, songs like Not to Touch The Earth, My Wild Love, Spanish Caravan, these were like totally fuckin' unconventional, The Doors as a band were what drove Morrison to be as good as a performer as he was, he was kinda led by their musical synergy and there ability to build and build and build on a piece of music til he was going flat out nuts, When The Musics Over for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users