The Official Black Sabbath '13'/Tour Thread

bran

And then you get somebody even dumber than that go "No fuck all post Dio sabbath"

You are a retard. Tony Martin was the greatest thing to happen to that band really.

Anybody rejecting that music clearly has not even given it a chance to listen because why?

"Wahh Ozzy's the only good musician in the world and I'm still mad that Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses cause I'm a little bitch critic wannabe who can't appreciate good music"

That's you. That's what you sound like!

Who am I even talking to?

I dunno, but you know who you are! Douche!

As the person you're quoting and calling out, I actually like a bit of the Tony Martin stuff, but don't kid yourself, it's nowhere near the level of early-Ozzy and the Heaven and Hell album. I don't give a fuck about Slash not being in GNR.

Yes but I do mean people who think generally like that, it was more of response to your quote as a knock to you yourself as a person, I'm sure you have the common sense to judge music well enough, after all you are on this forum.

It's a bit rare to come across anybody who even knows who Tony Martin is, you can see why, at the time they were Sabbath's Chinese Democracy and on top of that Nirvana was so busy killing music nobody got a chance to hear this stuff so it's like forgotten relics. Also he doesn't have a wicked cool name like Ozzy or Dio, he's just Tony Martin and as Mr. Iommi pointed out kinda lacks star power. Great voice just.... well you know what I'm talkin about watch footage of how he acts toward the audience live. Dio was just like like "WERE ALL AWESOME WOOO"

Where as Martin felt more like "Wow I am so lucky to even be in this band thank you very much everybody" Meh. Great voice though, shame he's not as big as that Beiber thing these days.

Heaven and Hell was insanely good, though Headless Cross comes VERY close to it.

Ozzy did have ONE bad Sabbath album though. Technical Ecstacy. Some good tunes but the bad ones are REALLY bad, makes Forbidden look like a friggin masterpiece.

No. It goes Dio > Martin > Ozzy. Dio > Martin > Gillan > Gillen > Ozzy = Hughes

And I'm fairly certain I'll be coming back here at some point to say The Devil You Know > 13. Just a hunch.

FTFY.

Goes without saying TDYK will be better than 13, TDYK was a masterpiece, definitely lived up to the legacy of Dio Sabbath.

>judging an album before it's out

>doesn't know what hunch means

If Ozzy's voice has any kind of power, I'll be shocked. Dio's vocals on TDYK were pretty outstanding and I know for an absolute fact that Ozzy will not match him in vocals. Much like 30 years ago.

And then you get somebody even dumber than that go "No fuck all post Dio sabbath"

You are a retard. Tony Martin was the greatest thing to happen to that band really.

Anybody rejecting that music clearly has not even given it a chance to listen because why?

"Wahh Ozzy's the only good musician in the world and I'm still mad that Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses cause I'm a little bitch critic wannabe who can't appreciate good music"

That's you. That's what you sound like!

Who am I even talking to?

I dunno, but you know who you are! Douche!

As the person you're quoting and calling out, I actually like a bit of the Tony Martin stuff, but don't kid yourself, it's nowhere near the level of early-Ozzy and the Heaven and Hell album. I don't give a fuck about Slash not being in GNR.

Yes but I do mean people who think generally like that, it was more of response to your quote as a knock to you yourself as a person, I'm sure you have the common sense to judge music well enough, after all you are on this forum.

It's a bit rare to come across anybody who even knows who Tony Martin is, you can see why, at the time they were Sabbath's Chinese Democracy and on top of that Nirvana was so busy killing music nobody got a chance to hear this stuff so it's like forgotten relics. Also he doesn't have a wicked cool name like Ozzy or Dio, he's just Tony Martin and as Mr. Iommi pointed out kinda lacks star power. Great voice just.... well you know what I'm talkin about watch footage of how he acts toward the audience live. Dio was just like like "WERE ALL AWESOME WOOO"

Where as Martin felt more like "Wow I am so lucky to even be in this band thank you very much everybody" Meh. Great voice though, shame he's not as big as that Beiber thing these days.

Heaven and Hell was insanely good, though Headless Cross comes VERY close to it.

Ozzy did have ONE bad Sabbath album though. Technical Ecstacy. Some good tunes but the bad ones are REALLY bad, makes Forbidden look like a friggin masterpiece.

Never Say Die was dreadful worse than Technical Ecstasy unlistenable, uninspired load of shit

Edited by Dark Knight

i love every single era of sabbath, i love every album outside of forbidden(which is decent) i just think the magic with ozzy was clearly gone with technical ectasy and never say die. the songs they did in the 90s (with rick rubin as well) were awful.

im hoping for a masterpiece, im expecting a mediocre album with 3 or 4 good songs and tons of filler.

i love every single era of sabbath, i love every album outside of forbidden(which is decent) i just think the magic with ozzy was clearly gone with technical ectasy and never say die. the songs they did in the 90s (with rick rubin as well) were awful.

im hoping for a masterpiece, im expecting a mediocre album with 3 or 4 good songs and tons of filler.

Technical Ecstasy,Never Say Die, Born Again and Forbidden are Sabbath albums that I don`t like agree by all accounts new album will be mediocre at best with 3 or 4 good songs fuck Ozzy The Devil You Know should be rereleased under Black Sabbbath name that`s what it was actually. I don`t worry about Tony and Geezer they will lay down goods but Ozzy is and always was the weakest link between them especially now, when he barely can talk and is sock puppet of his bitch wife plus they royally fucled over Bill

Edited by Dark Knight

QFT

the songs they did in the 90s sounded more like ozzy solo stuff with black sabbath as the backing band to me, the robot vocals made it even worse.

as for 2001 i dont remember any new songs being played. i know in 2001 sabbath was writing new stuff but it was scrapped so ozzy and the rest of the band could do solo stuff. ozzy later said in the interview that songs sucked and thats why they were scrapped.