**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many GNR products has Axl released since taking sole control of the name? It's a pretty safe assumption that Axl hasn't been going out of his way to release shit.

I don't think it is a safe assumption. If you believe the rumors - and that does tend to be the tendency on this board - they wanted to put a record out in 2010.

My point is that contrary to widely held speculation, Axl didn't go out of his way to block this production. Rock Fuel have pointed to problems raised by representatives of old GNR aka members of old GNR are uncomfortable with the current line-up having a "Live Era". Nobody would have thought that possible prior to Rock Fuel's post. It would have been ridiculed as the conspiracy of an Axl "nutter".

I really hope this isn't izzy or duff.. that would show the curupt and backstabbing nature of the business.

I don't think steven has any say in the matter, wasn't it only slash and duff that took axl to court over rights around 05?

It may be possible to get a response from slash via the popular fan sites.

Rock Fuel have pointed to problems raised by representatives of old GNR aka members of old GNR are uncomfortable with the current line-up having a "Live Era".

Where have they said this?

Edit: Oh, I see, you did "aka," aka jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions. :lol:

Edited by magisme

Rock Fuel have pointed to problems raised by representatives of old GNR aka members of old GNR are uncomfortable with the current line-up having a "Live Era".

I'm fairly certain you've seen the post - don't pretend like this entire board doesn't rely on reading between the lines.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain you've seen the post - don't pretend like this entire board doesn't rely on reading between the lines.

I suppose that's Slash's fault too? Slash has a gag order on Axl or something? :rolleyes:

I really fucking can't believe it that this is gonna go down in the toilet like all other release plans...
Not that i care for this release, but i see some people here and there whom like to buy this
I fucking cannot believe it
This is a piece of shit band
ALL members (past present and probably future) should be ashamed to be a hired hands in this Vegas act joke or being a pain in the ass former legal shit issue money sucking whores
Oh and fuck record labels
I'm officially give up ANY hopes with this band (maybe we hear some new songs in the nex few months, but that's all i guess)
Fuck 'em!
I totally understand why JB wants to get a ban with his last thread

Edited by Crash Diet

I suppose that's Slash's fault too? Slash has a gag order on Axl or something? :rolleyes:

My point is not that Axl works tirelessly for GNR fans, and again, you know that. I just wanted to point out that he isn't heading some sort of conspiracy against the fans having fun.

Although others would say it's wishful thinking by an "Axl nutter", it's wrong to blame Axl and management for everything. As I said, prior to Rock Fuel's post, nobody would have fathomed the idea that members of old GNR are holding up Appetite For Democracy.

• Like 1

My point is not that Axl works tirelessly for GNR fans, and again, you know that. I just wanted to point out that he isn't heading some sort of conspiracy against the fans having fun.

Although others would say it's wishful thinking by an "Axl nutter", it's wrong to blame Axl and management for everything. As I said, prior to Rock Fuel's post, nobody would have fathomed the idea that members of old GNR are holding up Appetite For Democracy.

OK. Now we're on some common ground. I think you're wrong that nobody would have fathomed it. I think there has been speculation for some time that there were contractual issues with older members and that those could have contributed to the problems with the O2 show. So I think you're exaggerating the extent to which people would be screaming "nutter," but whatever, small distinction. And I still think it's right to blame Axl and management for most things. It is their job to move this band forward. They have failed. My God, Axl hasn't even written a song with the current band as far as we know. Let's not miss the forest for the trees just because some shitty Vegas Blu-Ray is being held up by lawyers.

• Like 1

I didn't think it was possible to hate Slash more than I do but it has happened.

I going to fuckin' email, facebook and tweet his ass until he responds to me and apologizes to all GNR fans around the world on live television.

you show them, belieber!

Have you been jerking off to pretty tied up again?

I'm no expert but if I had a band, band splitted up in a not amicable way, I blocked the release of a former member of the band and I shot a DVD, with a new band using the same name, that would probably need my former members authorization for a release, I'd check all the legal issues involved before even hiring the first cameraman. It's obvious things would get ugly at some point. I'm no part of any management team of course. Just a small observation.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

I'm officially convinced there will never be another release under the Guns N' Roses name. This is now a touring act that play songs made by other musicians for money. And the worst part is this moron here bought tickets to three shows from their upcoming tour and is therefore supporting this joke.

I am going to need to see how Axl sounds to determine if I ever buy a ticket again.

Next week is going to be big.

• Like 2

Just release old shows from the 80's and early 90's already. Nobody gives a shit about a dvd by the current band except a few people on this forum. No but seriously, who wants to see Ashba play November Rain solo and Pitmann being drunk in the background?

If it's Slash I thank him, he prevented another shit stain on the GNR legacy.

Anyone else think this whole DVD announcement of a potential release was just a play by rockfuel to create a buzz to give them strength in negotiating a release?

As we know, Axl resents being strongarmed into doing something. There is absolutely no way Rock Fuel would have attempted such a crazy ploy.

They wouldn't have announced anything unless GNR management and Interscope had approved every detail..

Edited by NGOG

Anyone else think this whole DVD announcement of a potential release was just a play by rockfuel to create a buzz to give them strength in negotiating a release?

As we know, Axl resents being strongarmed into doing something. There is absolutely no way Rock Fuel would have attempted such a crazy ploy.

They wouldn't have announced anything unless GNR management and Interscope had approved every detail..

Yeah, we know Universal saw the theatrical release as part of a wider marketing plan, so between their lawyers and Axl's lawyers, this whole last-minute collapse is still surprising even after things like the London release, which didn't get anywhere near as much support from the band and the label.