1. What song got you into Guns n' Roses? 2. How/When did it all start for you?

TombRaider

1. Sweet child o' mine

2. Late 80's. Saw the video on TV and I remember thinking the opening riff was the greatest thing I'd ever heard. Those first few seconds of the song were enough for me to know that I was hearing something very special I'd always love. rock4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civil war, I was around 18 and bought the single as vinyl, when I heard it for the first time I knew that this song was off another planet.

The rest is history as I was hooked, the greatest band to ever grace the earth with the greatest frontman ever.

When I was a little kid I was in the car with my mother and she pulled out Appetite For Destruction and asked if I wanted to give it a listen. I had never listened to a rock band seriously before that so the moment I heard the opening echo of "Welcome To the Jungle" I kinda knew they were gonna be my favorite band.

it started for me when i was a little kid, my dad would play AFD, and the illuison albums whenever we went anywhere. i dont really remember what song, i just new i liked them all :lol:

1. You Could Be Mine

2. I had no MTV or music mags when I was a kid, so getting into the band was all music and more of a process than a particular point in time or liking their image and appereance. For a while I didn't even know how they look like until I finally got my own copy of UYI2. My hardcore phases were 1996 and 2002 when the general public didn't give a shit about the band. My favourite lineup is the 2002 lineup, though I prefer the classic material over the CD era songs and Steven Adler over any other drummer in Guns, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Blusky Grenfield

:tongue2:

You could be mine

That was the ultimate song for me to get into the band

but i remember the first "gnr" song for me was SIDHY when i was 4 years old

lol, you weren't even alive for AFD. What are you doing here?

I think i'm older than you, still :D

What am i doing here?

Laughing my ass off on Slashlites and Axl nutswingers, waiting for new songs, leaks, sometimes trolling etc.

Civil war when I was about 11. I heard it on the radio and I liked it alot. I had to do a research project in school on a famous person and chose Axl, and realized how interesting the band was.... This was back around the time when bucket was in the band, so it was interesting to say the least.

Edited by liers

November Rain in the early 90s. I have vague memories of seeing three videos as a young child, November Rain, the MJ video with the Egyptian theme and cats and Queen's Headlong.

In 2003 I was reintroduced to GN'R by a friend who gave me the 12 track Use Your Illusion because he didn't like it. After that I went out and bought both Illusions and Appetite.

Sweet Child O'Mine.

In high school I was invited to join a band because I said I could play drums (I could not play drums). At the first band practice they told me we were gonna play sweet child o'mine which I had never heard before, and obviously I sucked at drumming. So the guitarist gave me his ipod or whatever and I played along to the track while all the others were trying to follow me. When I got home I obviously had to practice so I bought Appetite, and that's how I fell in love with GN'R.