The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

I think Slash went to Axls place and beta basically told him to leave and that's that. Axls camp made Slash look like a evil dude like they always do. I mean why would Slash go to his ex wife and talk about shit about his current wife? It's a real dumb move if you ask me one that I just don't see Slash doing.

Let me see if I have this straight:

Slash changes his story several years after intially saying he never went to see Axl. Then Scott states that he believes he was set-up to start a feud with Axl. Yet, somehow Axl is trying to make Slash look bad?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-addresses-guns-n-roses-rumors-talks-about-upcoming-velvet-revolver-album/

He never said he never went to see Axl. He said he didn't speak to Axl, (which is what Axl's lawsuit claimed). He was deliberately vague so he wouldn't have to admit (or lie about) to going to Axl's house.

I don't get why Beta answered at 5.30 am? I mean, I'd assume it was drunk fans or something and I'd ignore them, but to be honest I'd sleep through it :lol:

Why would slash turn up at that time? anyone that is awake at that time has probably been drinking to be making social visits. Or slash said he was drunk so save face to make it seem he wasn't thinking straight or whatever..

I think we all know Slash would make up with Axl, but that doesn't mean it would work out.

Why does Velvet Revolver not exist today? The 'inability to find a singer' line is a smokescreen for Slash to do his own thing.

Exactly...Scott was the star of the band and Slash just can't accept that.

Scott was NOT the star of VR. :rolleyes:

It wasn't just a few times that you'd hear people say they'd like the band more if it weren't for that singer.

I know this has always been one of those things man here feel the need to "get to the bottom of", but I am not in that camp.

One, it was 8 years ago now. Two, obviously, nothing ever came of it. So when you get into what Beta said or didn't say, or what Slash said or didn't say...who cares? What new piece of information are you going to find out in 2013 that matters one iota?

Are you really that concerned to find out who was "lying"? Why? Ancient history at this point.

• Like 1

The sequence of events that year was pretty whacky, If I recall correctly, GNR made a deal with Sanctuary, something to do with their publishing, and suddenly Duff and Slash weren't getting paid their royalties anymore so they launch a suit, Guns responds with some sort of clerical error excuse, and THEN the whole story of Slash coming to Axl's house and berating all of his bandmates comes out. That sound about right?

Edited by moreblack

As I've said before, I don't buy Beta's account of the visit. Have you ever noticed that whenever Beta tells a story, the other party is an emotional wreck and begging Axl for forgiveness, using flowery language that no one actually uses in real life? Look at her account of the conversation with the Activision exec and her story of how Slash behaved. There are some interesting similarities.

• Like 2

Why does Velvet Revolver not exist today? The 'inability to find a singer' line is a smokescreen for Slash to do his own thing.

Exactly...Scott was the star of the band and Slash just can't accept that.

Scott was NOT the star of VR. :rolleyes:

It wasn't just a few times that you'd hear people say they'd like the band more if it weren't for that singer.

Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Scott in VR fan. I still want Scott back in VR if he would get over all of the BS. But I've been to a couple of VR shows and when the doors opened, fans would rush to stage-left (Slash's side) before front and center.

As I've said before, I don't buy Beta's account of the visit. Have you ever noticed that whenever Beta tells a story, the other party is an emotional wreck and begging Axl for forgiveness, using flowery language that no one actually uses in real life? Look at her account of the conversation with the Activision exec and her story of how Slash behaved. There are some interesting similarities.

Oh, very much agreed. All of her stories seem to have everyone else acting the exact way she would like them to. It hurts her credibility.

Anyone who think Slash is bigger than STP's singer and the leader of VR are delusional.

All the Slash fans are funny...Slash hates Scott leads to "OMGDZ Scott is shit" and it's the end of the world when someone mentions he was the star of the band.

I disagree. Scott has become a laughing stock the last few years. First he gets kicked out of stp. Then VR kicks him out. Then he rejoins STP and they kick him out again. I really like Scott but....he was a great 90s singer, but Slash's work is timeless. Slash is of course bigger than Scott.

You let your hate warp your views too much. Just my opinion.

Anyone who think Slash is bigger than STP's singer and the leader of VR are delusional.

All the Slash fans are funny...Slash hates Scott leads to "OMGDZ Scott is shit" and it's the end of the world when someone mentions he was the star of the band.

I disagree. Scott has become a laughing stock the last few years. First he gets kicked out of stp. Then VR kicks him out. Then he rejoins STP and they kick him out again. I really like Scott but....he was a great 90s singer, but Slash's work is timeless. Slash is of course bigger than Scott.

And that Xmas CD... :nervous:

And that Xmas CD... :nervous:

X-Mas CD > AL

Exactly.

Maybe that's why her and Axl bonded, they both have severe insecurity problems and they both have a knack of blaming everybody else and never accepting their own responsibilities for failures.

It's hilarious how the Axl nutters demand that Slash apologize to Axl..........but when the man makes an attempt to go to Axl and talk man-to-man, not only does Beta BLOCK that from happening (not wanting to lose her gravy train) but the Nutters bash Slash for doing so!!!! Slash tried to go to an early Guns show, and he went to Axl's house - and Axl refused him both times, like a little bitch. Slash tried, now the ball is in Axl and Beta's court. And wow, what ever happened to the rock-n-roll bad ass that you Nutters love so much? So bad ass that he let's Beta do his dirty work!!!!!

Bulldog - don't try to have a reasonable and logical discussion with Volcano about Slash. For some weird reason, he hates Slash and makes ridiculous comments about him in a childish attempt at trolling (doing the same exact thing he accuses others of doing). The theory on here is that Volcano thinks if he bashes Slash enough and worships Axl's every move, that Beta, Fernando or Axl might send him a PM saying what a great fan he is. Jarmo is volcano's idol.

• Like 2

-He went to his house details are hazey at best

-VR much like GNR in it's original line-up to casual fans was Scott and Slash that's not a knock at Duff or Dave. I don't care for Sorum or whatever he's calling himself now.

-You Slash fanboys seem to forget once Scott left you all threw him under the bus and defended him the same way the Axl fanboys have.

I don't get the big deal about Slash being drunk Axl has a few

He does, and falls off tables, not so long ago :D

On the Slash visits Axl's house thing, late at night, early in the morning, depending on your view point. I always got the impression Slash just wanted a chat face to face. Instead all he got was Beta, Axl's nanny. I found it a bit OTT that Axl should turn the moment into something bigger, complete crafted statement, like only he can do. All in all, quite sad (on Axl's part) and not very rock n'roll.

• Like 1