Going Down Were Made During the Bucket Era

aArief178

Atlas Shrugged is a glam rock Nov Rain according Tom Zutaut.

Soul Monster is GNR most Sabbath song to date.

The General is the most metal song Axl has done.

Yeah, and Bach said Sorry was death metal...

Didn't Bach call it "doom metal"? If so, and wiki is even a little bit reliable with its definition, maybe he wasn't so far off? :shrugs:

que the Aerosmith song: Same ol ...same ol song and danceeeeeeee a my friends....

actually as its written it says something... GNR is Axls and he wouldnt want to play someone else music. as I interepret it.. confirmation that this "band" is hired guns and nothing more. Its more a solo effort kind of thing than a collaborative effort that one would expect of a true band.

2014...ok ... well see. I will play your silly little game. I wont bet my paycheck on it by any means ... well see . Some one bump this thread up in Nov 10 2014 and we will see. I do hope I am completely dead wrong in my cynical jaded assessment and that theres some new blood in the water (lol)

I disagree with your thoughts on the GNR album just being hired hands.

What I think he was saying that anything he works on for GNR he will not play because it is considered for Axl's use as GNR songs

The other songs written by BBF or by the others members for that matter outside of the GNR brand they can play as new music from them and NOT GNR so it has no restrictions that Axl put on the GNR stuff.

Didn't Bach call it "doom metal"? If so, and wiki is even a little bit reliable with its definition, maybe he wasn't so far off? :shrugs:

Yeah I mean, while I doubt Axl was jamming out to some actual "doom metal" bands to help inspire the song, Sorry is arguably doom-ish. Sort of Opeth-esque and atmospheric and stuff, so I think Bach's description was pretty accurate.

Great, more forum hype for a colossal dud of a song.

I enjoyed it a lot actually. It's not a single or a hit or the song of the year... I just found the relaxed vibe really refreshing - one of the things I really missed on CD was any kind of "fun" element. It was such an emotionally heavy record (cheesy at times, sure) and the endless layers of production really ruined any of the songs that carried less baggage (like Catcher).

It's nice to hear Going Down and know that they can still write a simple, fun song that's not trying to be something it doesn't have to be. That's why I like it anyway.

• Like 1

He said it was kind of like doom metal. I see what he was saying but a Floyd ref or even AIC would have been closer.

But yes I would be wary of those descriptions because Soul Monster may not sound like Paranoid it might sound like Never Say Die.

But it is these songs with Jackie Chan, Seven, Zodiac are what keep me interested. Ides of March…that there are about 14 songs very close to finished is kind of exciting.

Yeah I mean, while I doubt Axl was jamming out to some actual "doom metal" bands to help inspire the song, Sorry is arguably doom-ish. Sort of Opeth-esque and atmospheric and stuff, so I think Bach's description was pretty accurate.

typically doom metal has a growling vocal doesn't it, and solely lyrics about death? but he said with soaring vocal from Axl. it was just Bach being over enthusiastic.

typically doom metal has a growling vocal doesn't it, and solely lyrics about death? but he said with soaring vocal from Axl. it was just Bach being over enthusiastic.

Not always. 70%, yes, but these days, with nearly every form of "extreme" music/metal, there's a million different sub genres; one of which is still categorized as "doom," but with clean-sounding vocals and more of a pot-smoking/"chill" kind of vibe. One example (though not entirely resembling what we're talking about here, but just for the hell of it) is that band Sleep. Their hallmark album, "Dopesmoker," which is one single track lasting an hour & change long, is about weed. That's it haha. And the guitars aren't crazily heavy, just more sort of like, drone-y. Ultimately, I love Sorry.