SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

I reckon there was 9000 at manchester and leeds. With standing sold out on both.

You're not far off.

I worked the Slash shift in Manchester, 9,500 sold with 10,000 expected.

First thing that hit me when I walked in is that Slash sold SIGNIFICANTLY more than Axl did on the 2012 run.

He's (and the rest of the guys) worked his ass off to get this band to be taken seriously. He he started this in 2010 and he was playing shows that were a fraction of that. Keeps at it though and with each tour/album cycle you can see they are growing.

I think it's freaking awesome that he has managed to grow his solo band into playing respectable sized venues because he has put in the work.

My thoughts exactly, I remember it all starting at those little club gigs.

Evolving to Hall sized (Made in Stoke)

To Larger venues.

And now being able to successfully tour arenas.

Kudos to all of them. They played their cards right.

He has build a great live act that it's worth to play venues like that regardless of some people's opinion here. He has a big fucking back catalog and still people go crazy for his new stuff when he plays it. That and the growing numbers of people who visits his gigs are a sign that he's successful. So we can expect more albums.

I reckon there was 9000 at manchester and leeds. With standing sold out on both.

You're not far off.

First thing that hit me when I walked in is that Slash sold SIGNIFICANTLY more than Axl did on the 2012 run.

Yeah but Axl had 4 shows in the north of England. Slash had two.

• Like 1

You're not far off.

Yeah but Axl had 4 shows in the north of England.
And the name Guns n Roses. Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

You're not far off.

And the name Guns n Roses.
And way higher ticket prices.
  • Like 1

Good show, happy to get DTJ (though crowd response was muted) and VERY happy to hear 30 Years to Life for the first time. Man, they really need to turn up Slash's guitar, could barely hear him first few songs.

Crowd and venue were better in Paris, while I'm happy that Slash can fill arenas now, the Brixton Academy show in 2012 had a lot more energy. My first time at Wembley Arena, what a depressing soulless venue, dampened my enthusiasm for the System of a Down show I'm seeing there in April (should have got a Zenith ticket instead :P ).

Beneath the Savage Sun is a BEAST live, that and Anastasia have become highlights of Slash shows for me.

Good to see crowd singing along to singles from more recent albums.

Hopefully he does some club shows again in the future.

• Like 3

You're not far off.

And many more employees to pay.

Good show, happy to get DTJ (though crowd response was muted) and VERY happy to hear 30 Years to Life for the first time. Man, they really need to turn up Slash's guitar, could barely hear him first few songs.

Crowd and venue were better in Paris, while I'm happy that Slash can fill arenas now, the Brixton Academy show in 2012 had a lot more energy. My first time at Wembley Arena, what a depressing soulless venue, dampened my enthusiasm for the System of a Down show I'm seeing there in April (should have got a Zenith ticket instead :P ).

Beneath the Savage Sun is a BEAST live, that and Anastasia have become highlights of Slash shows for me.

You couldn't hear the only reason anybody would ever go to one of his shows? What percentage of the show would you say that occurred for?

You're not far off.

How does that affect attendance in any way? Learn to keep up with what we're talking about Maynard. I am dissapoint.

You couldn't hear the only reason anybody would ever go to one of his shows? What percentage of the show would you say that occurred for?

You're not far off.

How does that affect attendance in any way? Learn to keep up with what we're talking about Maynard. I am dissapoint.
What's the difference in the ticket prices?

You're not far off.

Makes no difference to the audiance. £37 for slash and £50 for guns who don't come on stage till after 11pm on a work night.

If we were to compare audiances fairy with the same price, same amount of shows. GNR would sell more.

Also, if Slashs sales were comparable with Axls, Slash would be playing 2 shows at The O2(20,000) and not one at Wembley arena(12,000).

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

I would say the first 3 songs at least, which was a shame, but out of a total of 20-odd songs that's not abysmal. Still don't understand why it's not loud throughout, I've had no problem hearing the guitar for all the opening acts at the 3 Slash shows I've been to this year.

Speaking of opening acts, was cool hearing Glenn Hughes sing Burn.

Regarding ticket prices, it was just under £30 for Slash in Manchester in 2010, and £50-55 for GNR in London in 2010.

2012 Slash ticket went up to £40, GNR went up to £60.

2014 Slash ticket cost was £44.

• Like 2

I would say the first 3 songs at least, which was a shame, but out of a total of 20-odd songs that's not abysmal. Still don't understand why it's not loud throughout, I've had no problem hearing the guitar for all the opening acts at the 3 Slash shows I've been to this year.

It's good to hear that you had a good time regardless. I haven't seen him at all though, so I think I would be a little less forgiving.

I loved the shows i went too but its the 02 academys i want to see him play at. Hammersmith 12 was the greatest slash crowd ive been in. Everyone singing and jumping. Arenas are to wide and long, and it kills the atmosphere and its harder to engage with an audiance sitting further away.

Unfortunatley ticket prices will never come down unless Slash starts a new project again.

• Like 2

It's good to hear that you had a good time regardless. I haven't seen him at all though, so I think I would be a little less forgiving.

For the first Paris show I was in the mid-front section, and the 2nd I was closer to the front. While at gigs the sound at the front isn't great, I managed to hear his guitar much better at the 2nd Slash show. Moved towards the front at this London show after first few songs and again could hear better. I don't know how it is towards the back, I'd be interested to hear what GivenToFly thought of the sound from wherever he was sat.

At the GNR shows I can make out all 3 guitars distinctively (unfortunate in the case of Ashba). Here I can barely hear Sidoris at all apart from when he's covering Izzy's solo spots in Nightrain etc.

I loved the shows i went too but its the 02 academys i want to see him play at. Hammersmith 12 was the greatest slash crowd ive been in. Everyone singing and jumping. Arenas are to wide and long, and it kills the atmosphere and its harder to engage with an audiance sitting further away.

Unfortunatley ticket prices will never come down unless Slash starts a new project again.

Would have loved to have gone to Hammersmith show in 2012, think the only concert I've seen there was Kanye in 2013 (though I did go see Aziz Ansari do stand-up there last Sunday). Brixton Academy is one of my favourite venues, had a great time seeing Slash and Faith No More there in 2012 (thought FNM were pretty rubbish at Hyde Park this year), and Jane's Addiction gig this August at Brixton was great.

• Like 1

I'm not a guitarist but I was wondering why Slash doesn't play DTJ on that double-neck Godzilla guitar so he can play the outro solo acoustically? Still sounds good electric, but seeing as he's only using the guitar for one song in the set, I don't see why he doesn't get more use out of it when a song might call for it.

They only really stood up when he played SCOM and PC! I saw a load of people around me sitting down for most of it! Not many recognized DTJ apart from this one guy a few rows back from me!

They only really stood up when he played SCOM and PC! I saw a load of people around me sitting down for most of it! Not many recognized DTJ apart from this one guy a few rows back from me!

Were you standing or seated during the show? I had a look around at the seats at a couple of points, and yeah, vast majority were sat down, poor crowd :/

Were you standing or seated during the show? I had a look around at the seats at a couple of points, and yeah, vast majority were sat down, poor crowd :/

Seated

Edited by Huge fan