Why do we want another album, anyway?

Dr. Who

I think people who liked or loved Chinese Democracy are entitled to 'want' a new album, you know? Why wouldn't they want the missing piece of an album they enjoyed, liked and loved? It makes sense.

Now, not everyone liked the album, I personally think it's utter shit, I remember downloading it and thinking "what the fuck is this shit?" in the middle of Chinese Democracy (the song) but I did listen to the entire thing, then right-clicked the folder and hit 'delete'. And that's 2009.

For me, if Axl never releases another album, it's fine, I'm not expecting and I don't want another album from him, Chinese Democracy was awful enough. However, if he does I'll listen to it, maybe it's different, maybe it has good Buckethead and Finck's material, which is always a treat, and who knows, maybe I'll like it. I think "Going Down" is a cool song and better than the entire so-called complex mess that is CD.

As long as Axl is giving his 100% on stage and decides to play more UYI songs, I'm happy enough to go see him again.

I think people who liked or loved Chinese Democracy are entitled to 'want' a new album, you know?

I think they are, I'd say there's still some value in the amount of repeat customers a new album might bring in. If nothing else it gives them an excuse to extended tour and for the non-CD fans to still come out and hear the hits.

BECAUSE MY LIFE IS FALLING APART MATE BECAUSE I HATE MYSELF ONLY 60% AS MUCH AS EVERYONE AROUND ME BECAUSE AXL IS SOMEBODY I CLING TOO BECAUSE WHEN I WALK ABOUT N LIVE MY LIFE PEOPLE SAY "THERE GOES HOLDEN THAT GUNS ROSES GUY" BECAUSE I WANT SOMTHING TOO CLING TOO BECAUSE OF THE MSTYSISM IT HAS ALSO--ITS LIKE A RELATIONSHIP AXL IS MY MAN AND WE R CONNECTED SOMEHOW

Edited by HOLDEN CAULFIELD
  • Like 1

Well mostly because this a a gnr forum and if your on the forum today in 2015 more then 20 years since appetite GNR was around you know Axl is now gnr and ether like Chinese or are here to hate/ignore the new band and talk about original guns (nothing wrong with that). I want a new album because Chinese democracy and that time frame fascinates me. All the talk from various musicians of countless tracks and samples available to Axl I want to know what's in that damn vault. Just last year we get a song called Going Down which comes out of no where that was on no ones radar with fukin tommy on vocals. Once that came out I was like holy shit there's no telling what Axl is hoarding. And lastly I enjoyed most of the album. I don't believe it's perfect by any means but I don't think gnr is meant to be perfect. I still listen to twat and catcher pretty frequently.

• Like 1

Axl is a 52 year old man, soon to be 53. Let's say he was to write, record and release a brand spankin' new album in 2015...Why would we want it? What I mean is...Most 50something rockstars, when they put out new material, it isn't really anything as good or special as what they put out in their prime. I mean, if anyone here can name me an album by an artist over 50 that was on par with their more youthful material, let me know. I'm not saying an new album would be crap simply because Axl's older...But it ain't going to be anything special either. It's like what Axl himself said in the '80s when asked if he listened to new Elton John material; he said no, the new stuff was aimed at an older audience and lacked the fire of the original releases.

I mean when the Stones were in their 50s, they put out Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge. Good albums but...Nothing like the '60s and '70s. When Plant and Page were around the same age as Axl they put out Walking into Clarksdale...Which isn't even really remembered. I'm just saying...for those who want a new album, why do we want it?

The age thing is weird with Axl, considering that he wasted a lot of his younger years not making music, letting a huge potential going to waste. For me, a new album would be catching up, not overstaying his welcome. To the jungle. Lol.

Edited by Chuzeville

I do understand the reasons, it's just I can't say I personally am very excited for new stuff. Especially since it's been six years since the last one, time has kind of killed the enthusiasm I guess

What I say "new stuff" I am talking ONLY about stuff with Bumble and Ashba rerecords on it. Late '90s, early '00s stuff by Paul, Robin and Bucket I would definitely be interested in.

12 days. The spazzout and banning grow closer. Good times.

I think we've gotta have CD2 or whatever it'll be called as Axl will never release a proper greatest hits with maybe a couple of new tracks on as it'll mean slash getting paid thru it . Guns will release another album I'm sure but it's how bloody long we'll have to hang on

I'm certainly not passionate for a new album with the current band... with the real Gnr maybe... but honestly is it still possible to have such speed and great hard rock songs like perfect crime or you could mine? Maybe it there is a reunion the band could do a reggae or a blues album. Gnr has many influences, and personnaly I think such styles are better suitable to Gnr than industrial influences (even if I like Chin Dem)

Yeah I don't care either. If it ever happens cool, but I'm not anticipating anything. The only thing that would peak my interest is if the rest of the songs recorded for Chinese Democracy ever see the light of day, I'm sure there's some good stuff in there and Axl still sounded pretty good in the 00's, these days...

I never ever want to see a GNR album released featuring DJ Ashba.

Also this a million fucking times.

Because CD is a masterpiece in terms of a rock album. I know most of you don't agree with that.

But for me, a GnR fan since Appetite was originally released - CD was everything I hoped for.

SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, IRS, Prostitute, Sorry, Madagascar, - to me sound like classic GnR.

Better, Rhiad and Shacklers sound like a modern day GnR. Like Axl having some fun and taking some chances.

And I put Better, SOD, Catcher and TWAT as a power-four-pack up against anything released in the last decade by any rock band.

I'd love to hear 3-4 more albums that were the same quality as CD.

Sure, I'll admit it would be cool to get a less produced album or two - songs more like Nightrain and Rocketqueen. But I love the Axl ballads and the fun rockers that were on CD.

• Like 1

This is what happens when, from the outset, you align yourself with youth culture, it comes and bites you in the arse in the end because people come to judge you (and rightly so really) by that standard and as such you can never really age gracefully. This is why bluesmen were never like...too old or whatever because they just made music for any fucker with ears. The whole 'for da kidz' thing is all very cute and that but you suffer for it later.

This is also why the whole 'rockstar' thing is a massive cocksuck and an empty affectation that, once it's been effectively sussed out, just occupies a place in history as a figure of ridicule here in 2014, with the only ones offered any respect (and even that don't last long) are the old gits who started it, due mainly to peoples affection for a time when it was fresh and vibrant and exciting, instead of the tired old bollocks that it is today.

I mean a rockstar, as the 60s and 70s would understand the term, if one was around now he'd get laughed out of town.

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Because CD is a masterpiece in terms of a rock album. I know most of you don't agree with that.

But for me, a GnR fan since Appetite was originally released - CD was everything I hoped for.

SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, IRS, Prostitute, Sorry, Madagascar, - to me sound like classic GnR.

Better, Rhiad and Shacklers sound like a modern day GnR. Like Axl having some fun and taking some chances.

And I put Better, SOD, Catcher and TWAT as a power-four-pack up against anything released in the last decade by any rock band.

Sure, I'll admit it would be cool to get a less produced album or two - songs more like Nightrain and Rocketqueen. But I love the Axl ballads and the fun rockers that were on CD.

And I still see people calling you an Axl hater and Slash fanboy around here :lol:

And I still see people calling you an Axl hater and Slash fanboy around here :lol:

There is one little kid that swears I'm a "slash lover" and that I only post negative posts about Axl.

This forum is the only place in the world where people don't call me an Axl worshipper. It's kind of funny.

• Like 1

There is one little kid that swears I'm a "slash lover" and that I only post negative posts about Axl.

This forum is the only place in the world where people don't call me an Axl worshipper. It's kind of funny.

Maynard calling you anything should already imply the exact opposite considering his penchant for getting confused. Almost up there with yours.

Groghan, this statistic might interest you. Axl is now 52 years old and has released five albums of original material. When Neil Young was 52 (which was 1997) he had released 26 albums of original material - and I am not even including his work with CSN and Springfield here!

If they're all as good as Massey Hall it fuckin' interests me :)

Maynard calling you anything should already imply the exact opposite considering his penchant for getting confused. Almost up there with yours.

I'm not calling Groghan anything. :shrugs:

I'm not calling Groghan anything. :shrugs:
LOL maynard.