Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

On 4/5/2017 at 6:20 AM, AtariLegend said:

This had like a 5th of the attendance. Using the approximate real figures not the worked numbers.

Other good ones were AJ Styles at the Rumble when he debuted. Even if all they showed on tv was Roman's dumb face. And Bayley at Battleground last year.

Also:

X2xPuoS.jpg

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2017 at 9:02 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Whats everyones top 10 WWF/WWE wrestlers in ring ? Curious to see everyones list.

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Stone Cold

3. Seth Rollins

4. Triple H

5. The Rock

6. AJ Styles

7. Jeff Hardy

8. Daniel Bryan

9. CM Punk

10. Undertaker/Kane

In ring only? I don't know never really thought of it to be honest. For me that's just one small part of it all. 10 favourites of all time though probably looks like this....

1. Shawn Michaels
2. Triple H
3. Chris Jericho
4. Bret Hart
5. Ultimate Warrior (hey I was a kid once)
6. Mr. Perfect
7. Macho Man
8. Rick Rude
9. Kurt Angle
10. Seth Rollins / AJ Styles

Rollins and AJ to me are by far the two best on the roster today. Finn's gimmick might be a bit too hokey for me to latch onto in 2017 and I'm not too interested in him on the mic and to be honest not a big fan of his style in the ring. He's good but I don't.... something about him I'm not buying into yet.  Wyatt could've been great but they've all but ruined him. Gotta be honest I was never a big Austin, Rock or Taker fan. They were great and obviously legends. Nothing against them but they were never the guys I looked at as favourites.

16 hours ago, moreblack said:

I like AJ's new attitude, he's getting better on the mic and might bring it more on RAW. Or at least get more of a chance to develop in that area.

As for favorite 10 wrestlers, I don't know if I've got 10 to be honest.

Yeah AJ has improved HUGE since his WWE debut. Crazy to think arguably the best wrestler on the planet was also the most improved in 2016. He sucked on the mic when he joined WWE but is now pretty damn entertaining. 

Sad to see that it looks like Mauro is gong.

I'd like to see him back doing NJPW shows; however Ross is apparently sticking with NJPW for AXS shows this year despite being under WWE contract and Kevin Kelly does the live shows on NJPW world.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

Wouldn't count on it.

They ever end up on a station that cares about ratings it might. The advertising revenue is the reason the product is how it is.

Obviously it isn't happening anytime soon, but the company will likely look very different in a decade. Don't forget they killed their PPV business, they inflate network numbers and attendances for everything is down any time it isn't Wrestlemania. If they do go through with attempting to monopolize the business outside of NJPW/CMLL, where are they getting new stars from? 

In other news, anyone think Shibata/Okada was better than Omega/Okada? Not sure, but Okada's having a really great run of spectacular big fights this year.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Ugh oh.

For those that didn't see that Okada/Shibata classic, Shibata got taken to a hospital afterwards. It was presumed to be a work, but looks like there's a chance it might not be. It might be pretty serious. 

He had surgery so doesn't look too good.

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

In other news, anyone think Shibata/Okada was better than Omega/Okada? Not sure, but Okada's having a really great run of spectacular big fights this year.

For me, I don't know if anything will beat Omega/Okada 

45 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

He had surgery so doesn't look too good.

That post match walk out was one hell of a sell job if it was a work. 

Nice baby face turn by Strowman btw on RAW. "You deserve this" chants at Roman.

Edited by AtariLegend

On ‎7‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Whats everyones top 10 WWF/WWE wrestlers in ring ? Curious to see everyones list.

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Stone Cold

3. Seth Rollins

4. Triple H

5. The Rock

6. AJ Styles

7. Jeff Hardy

8. Daniel Bryan

9. CM Punk

10. Undertaker/Kane

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Bret Hart

Jake the Snake Roberts

The Undertaker

Randy Savage

Shawn Michaels

Mr Perfect

Ted Debiase

Sgt Slaughter

Ravishing Rick Rude

I was a little Hulkamaniac in the 80's, and loved The Warrior too but watching those matches back now they were/are pretty awful...especially when they fought each other! Snoozefest.

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

I read subdural hematoma, that's pretty serious.

On last night's Observer, Dave said he thinks it still looks like a work. Japan keeping kayfable alive.

As for Nia, she's related to The Rock. Rock is of my all time favorites, but his fucking family....

Edited by AtariLegend

Even Rocky himself got painful after a while. He left for the movies at a good time I think.

But holy shit Nia is so green still. Who gave the go ahead to fast track her to the main roster? 

Jinder was also in a hurtin' mood yesterday

Edited by moreblack

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Seen people say that if that was a MMA fight it would have been stopped and that Balor got tested for concussions the next day. 

I can get that Jinder is a job guy and he's there to put people over, but why is he on offense for so much of these matchs? Imagine Austin in 1999 doing a 2 minute match with Headbanger Mosh, where Mosh was on 90% of the offense.

13 hours ago, moreblack said:

And of course as soon as I mention using Charlotte to help make more girls, she immediately almost gets killed by Nia.

Nia is cringeworthy to watch.

11 hours ago, moreblack said:

Even Rocky himself got painful after a while. He left for the movies at a good time I think.

But holy shit Nia is so green still. Who gave the go ahead to fast track her to the main roster? 

Jesus, Finn for sure got knocked out from that for a few seconds!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Balor was concussed in the match. What a comeback run.

He worked in NJPW for more than a few years. Not exactly soft style, but a taking head butts from Shibata is evidently more safe than working a match with Jinder or Nia;

Screenshot_2017-04-11-21-29-36-1.png

This is from a house show match with Jinder;

36f43da882c5a1e8a8f1fa7313e0eb3c.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

So... 

SmackDown to Raw:
Bray Wyatt
The Miz 
Maryse
Dean Ambrose
Apollo Crews