Dont you feel that next album could be their last oportunity?

I mean,we have seen Axl and Gnr from 2001-2002 being a weird band,from 2006 to 2010 been closer to what we thought is gnr,and again from 2011-2014 being in constant roll down.I think if they dont put a good album and great performances this band will disapear.

It feels like some of the band members BBF and maybe others less ashba are there waiting for make a great album and conquer the world again,but as BBF said (another nail in the coffin) this band has become a lazy old band nearly a theater of Axl has been.When i see pics of axl from 2011 to 2014 it looks like a old rocker in his cabaret.I think its sad to end like this......maybe one last great album would be the punch they need.

Maybe if they dont make a record,some of the non original band members will give up and go,i think that its for sure

Just my opinion.Merry christmas to all Gnr comunity,great to found you all!

Edited by rudolf1978

I think that's really up to Axl. There are plenty of bands and musicians that are older that are still actively putting out music - Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, etc. - hell, Queen's back on tour right now. So in terms of time, he could certainly keep going, and if he were to make an actual move at recording and releasing new music I think the current band would stick around. Will people buy it? AFAIK there are less than ten albums in any genre that have gone platinum this year, and 2013 was much the same, so the odds are not in GnR's favor for it to be a blockbuster even if they put something out that is brilliant. If he put out a new *song* on its own? That might do very well.

In terms of whether he actually will? I think the further out we get, and the more members drift away, the more unlikely it becomes that this will be a productive band again and release new music. It becomes even more unlikely that the general public might be interested.

Edited by stella

I mean,we have seen Axl and Gnr from 2001-2002 being a weird band,from 2006 to 2010 been closer to what we thought is gnr,and again from 2011-2014 being in constant roll down.I think if they dont put a good album and great performances this band will disapear.

It feels like some of the band members BBF and maybe others less ashba are there waiting for make a great album and conquer the world again,but as BBF said (another nail in the coffin) this band has become a lazy old band nearly a theater of Axl has been.When i see pics of axl from 2011 to 2014 it looks like a old rocker in his cabaret.I think its sad to end like this......maybe one last great album would be the punch they need.

Maybe if they dont make a record,some of the non original band members will give up and go,i think that its for sure

Just my opinion.Merry christmas to all Gnr comunity,great to found you all!

In reality, the previous album was their last opportunity.

• Like 1

I think Axl will kill it this time, I dont like CD at all but that material was so dated when it was released , I don't know if the guys in the band can come up with a true GNR album, Just hire Slash for studio work and let the guys play them Live, if AXL and SLASH cant co-exist at least we could get some killer music and they wouldnt have to be in the same room together !

lol next album. Chinese Democracy is the last you're gonna hear from Axl, at least officially.

I think the Chinese leftovers will be released similar to CD in about November time in 2015. I hope he knocks it out the park because other than that, the future is...unknown.

First of all:

the follow up will contain music written by members who are quit years ago

Second: only a few current members got the opportunity to record (remember BBF's interviews)

Third: Opportunitywise this band is dead. Maybe they can pull off a few weeks fame then fade away like most of the bands out there now
Axl makes sure that the GNR name is irrelevant now (for obvious reasons)

Plus if his voice doesn't get any better then it is done. Nostalgia tours with a few CD tracks (followups or not anyway), Vegas, South America a few major festivals in Europe...

In 2015 the brandname marks the 30th anniversary so we will see what happens

Axl had a really good opportunity in 06. He looked good, sounded good, and still had that mythological status.

Had he decided to perform at the VMA's that year, and get the album out sooner then we could be talking about nuGuns as a legitiment band, but it just didn't go that way. That had to be the last chance. Everything since has been "old Axl" people just appreciate that he still plays, but nobody thinks he's cool anymore, some feel sorry for him, and there is a fire missing that is probably because he is older, and what use to be important to him just isn't anymore.

• Like 4

Axl's band is a series of missed opportunities and lots of failures and frustration. And he's too old and uninterested to try to change it now. Axl failed in fulfilling his vision and is too bitter and childish to make amends with his past. The guy is basically retired and living off of South American loyal fans. I don't feel sorry for him because I like to see arrogant pricks failing. I was interested in his music though, until Robin left.

• Like 1

It depends on how it is.. the new lineup? with ashba? hell no.. that would be a opportunity ruined..

a reunion? perhaps.. albums would sell, the sound would be there, it would top itunes most definitely instantly, and stadiums would sell out quickly..

if they were to make a next album it has to be done right, face it another Chinese democracy and it's not going to do well..

I've said this before, but if Axl wanted success and wanted to hang on to his band members he'd get their asses and his in a studio, crank out 10 new songs, no overproduction, as garage-style as possible, put that shit out, world tour, do the talk shows - WITH the band in tow and he'd stand a fair chance. As it is he takes years upon years to 'polish up' and 'put finishing touches' to songs that have been sat around for 15 years. Don't get me wrong, I want to hear the rest of the C.D. sessions, but he seems to forget he has a current band with a lot of talent AND some fine songwriters (I rate Stinson particularly) who he's not putting to any use besides endless repetitive touring.

So, they get bored, the fans get bored and very little happens, year after year.

It's been 6 years till ChiDem was released, don't keep your hopes high for a new album. (at least i am not)

6 years since Metallica did death magnetic, they're releasing in July from what I've seen, they're a toss band and a frontman that screams for a living

We had ZERO new songs this year. ZERO POINT ZERO. We got a shot of a phantom in a recording studio.

True, all we got was a leak of going down , that may have even been the year before.

We need something or this band will start losing more fans

We had ZERO new songs this year. ZERO POINT ZERO. We got a shot of a phantom in a recording studio.

True, all we got was a leak of going down , that may have even been the year before.

People call Axl this and that but he has us in the palm of his hand, if he releases a snippet of a unreleased song today, tomorrow, the forum will be buzzing and potentially get picked up on social media, news outlets you name it and interest is redeemed just like that. Simple.

People call Axl this and that but he has us in the palm of his hand, if he releases a snippet of a unreleased song today, tomorrow, the forum will be buzzing and potentially get picked up on social media, news outlets you name it and interest is redeemed just like that. Simple.

You're 100% right