Dont you feel that next album could be their last oportunity?

We had ZERO new songs this year. ZERO POINT ZERO. We got a shot of a phantom in a recording studio.

True, all we got was a leak of going down , that may have even been the year before.

We need something or this band will start losing more fans

People call Axl this and that but he has us in the palm of his hand, if he releases a snippet of a unreleased song today, tomorrow, the forum will be buzzing and potentially get picked up on social media, news outlets you name it and interest is redeemed just like that. Simple.

You're 100% right

giphy.gif

I think they're still stinging from how ChiDem was mishandled and how very few artists make any money putting albums out, but as long as the audience knows the songs, they've succeeded.

Axl's probably kicking himself in the ass for not going the Tommy Lee and Boy George route and mixing club music together for big money paychecks and private parties. Hell, Pitman can do it for him, all he has to do is show up and act like he knows what he's doing and walk out with the same amount as he does for performing with a band.

axl-rose-headphones-ultrasone.jpg

CD was. The thing is, Axl needed CD to be a masterpiece to over compensate for his Machiavellian power grab. It was a poor album and consequentially, he has egg on his face.

Only it wasn't a poor album and he seems proud of what he created. He mentioned how it's done, his interest to release it, and saying how it was time to seriously look into it, a release, and for me that means he's shifting gears to focus more on that and making that a reality.

He'll release the second half of what he worked on for 10 years in the studio. All that effort to just release half an album is not something Axl is likely to do imo. It will just take time cause he's crazy, lazy, and late to everything.

Chinese Democracy was a bad album and the last one Axl will ever release.

You're ignorant if you really believe it will be the last album Axl will ever release. CD ll will be released. It's just a matter of time. 2 to 3 years is my guess.

You're ignorant if you really believe it will be the last album Axl will ever release. CD ll will be released. It's just a matter of time. 2 to 3 years is my guess.

We know what your guess is. An ignorant guess, by the way. Axl will never release music again. You have to be a blind fanboy to believe otherwise.
  • Like 2

i think it's over. their last opportunity was cd.

i don't see how this line-up could be successful.

Have to agree.

The way back would be to make a good record.

If what Axl comes up with next is released under a different band name, then maybe people might view it in a different light. I guess Axl needs the name Gn'R was it brings added weight. I sense the added weight won't help much, unless the music is good. Seeing how poorly CD was received, will Axl risk more damage to Gn'R brand?

Edited by star
  • Like 1

We know what your guess is. An ignorant guess, by the way. Axl will never release music again. You have to be a blind fanboy to believe otherwise.

My guess is educated. Time will tell you're ignorant.

Your guess is blind worship. Time will tell you're ignorant.

• Like 1

it is not a bad album,in my opinion only have 3,4 bad songs,the problem that it should had been release in 98 or 99 not 2008.

too over produced!pathetic realy.

it is not a bad album,in my opinion only have 3,4 bad songs,the problem that it should had been release in 98 or 99 not 2008.

too over produced!pathetic realy.

Most songs are good. But the album is absolutely horrible due to it's overproduction and layering. All the good things they had were ruined. Aside from that it came out 8 years too late and was doomed to lose before it every came out. If they had released the 2000-version of it IN 2000, it'd stood a good chance. But they ruined the material they had and they ruined it further by how it was handled. Hell, Axl was even against the release when it did happen. Still not good enough. In the end it's a big failure. And imo it was the last chance to make this work.

Once there was this rock and roll band rolling on the streets

Time went by and it became a joke

• Like 2

I see the situation as it is. I don't worship shit. Everybody knows CD ll is just around the corner. (2 to 3 years)

If GNR was able to complete the tour and finish the album in 2002-2003, it would have done fine.

Axl forgot to thank the software developers for Pro Tools for making Chinese Democracy happen.

The way Chinese was created doesn't define it though. It is artistically strong, and much thought and effort went into it by talented people. You can tell. Axl tried everything twice just to express exactly what he wanted musically. Pulled all the stops. 15 million $ production.

Edited by Rovim

If GNR was able to complete the tour and finish the album in 2002-2003, it would have done fine.

Axl forgot to thank the software developers for Pro Tools for making Chinese Democracy happen.

The way Chinese was created doesn't define it though. It is artistically strong, and much thought and effort went into it by talented people. You can tell. Axl tried everything twice just to express exactly what he wanted musically. Pulled all the stops. 15 million $ production.

You pick some very big words to say "horribly overproduced". From what we've heard (TWAT, IRS, Catcher, The Blues/SOD) the songs were astronomically better in 1998-2002. I don't care how much money and time was spent on them - the only got far far worse. That's not an accomplishment, that's a failure.

• Like 4

I see the situation as it is. I don't worship shit. Everybody knows CD ll is just around the corner. (2 to 3 years)

Everybody? Really? In what forum? Not here I'm sure. Speak for yourself dude.

+1

as the french say : "les carottes sont cuites". it's over.

nugnr can still tour, but it will never be successful in the charts.

To be fair, there's very little that's *successful* in the charts, at least at the levels of the 80s and 90s. Being #1 still doesn't mean very many people are buying the album - there have been less than ten platinum albums in all genres in 2013 and 2014. The chances of something doing really well, even if it's great, are slim.

Best chance Axl has if he wants to do anything that is commercially successful, really, is to put out one song, get it on a film soundtrack and make it available on iTunes, etc. Individual songs do a lot better than albums now.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Axl had no chance after the split whatsoever. There was no opportunities for this band ever.

And I don't mean he is musically incapable of making a successful record without Slash. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much, no way, but he is technically capable of making a good album with other musicians, an album that could sell well and bring him back to glory.

But that is just theoretical. Because personally he is not able to do that. And this attempt was meant to fail and I could bet on that in 92, 93, 96, anytime that the moment Slash is out GNR is over.

Why? Because, regardless of what they are bitching now, back then they were a tight family unit and the band was a mutual dream come true, a dream shared between people who meant a lot for one another. And Axl needed that. He's not a loner, not a person who can go through shit alone - he's to weak for that psychologically, too insecure. He needs the support and the back of a person he trusts and loves. And Slash was that person. Even if their relationship was tumultuous, it was very close and emotional. Sure there were moments of serious doubt but those moments were followed by major ups. As usually in life.

Axl had Slash to stand up for him in the media which he did. He had Slash to do all the things he couldn't do himself like promotion, interviews, dealing with shitty situations, resolving every day shitty problems and issues. Slash did all that, was trusted to do all of that and was himself important and relevant enough as a GNR member that he could do it instead of Axl without the band business suffering cause he was as much GNR as Axl in the public eye. Having Slash behind him Axl could hide away for a month and the train kept on rolling. He could get hysterical and the train kept on rolling. If he didn't make excuses for himself, Slash would do it for him and so on. With his fucked up psyche he absolutely needed Slash.

Plus, musically Slash was his dream guitarist. He knew better than anyone that they were a match like no other. He was unchageably delighted and enchanted with Slash's playing, his melodies, his solos. He said it himself that often during a solo he would sit in front of his amp and just listen cause it meant so much to him just to hear it.

One of the things I loved so much about the real GNR was the atmosphere on stage - they made it feel as home, as if we were invited into their private lounge where a family is having fun together. It was a feeling I had as a fan and a feeling they sure had as well. And again Axl needed that more than anyone else in the band cause he is just that kind of person.

To quote him again GNR was a dream band, it was so much more than he ever thought it could be.

Whatever happened back then he had Slash to ease the audience, to work out some peace among the fans, generally to give him time to live through his tantrum or whatever and then come back and go on. Slash made it possible for Axl to be Axl and still be the greatest frontman and singer and performer in the world. And that's why to quote the guy again he loved the old band more than anyone else in the world. Because it was what he absolutely needed.

And as long as the band existed he was full of plans, dreams, he had that fire in him to explore himself artistically, to develop, to grow, to make the band bigger and better with every album and tour. As he said in 92: "The bottom line is nothing can come between me and Slash and as long as we have that bond we have Guns N Roses" . And there you go - they don't have that bond and practically speaking there is no Guns N Roses.

After the split he lost all the fire and the motivation. His only motivation that remained was to prove something to Slash and to the world - namely to prove how much of a dick Slash is and that Slash cannot win. Such negative motivation may be of some value but not as the only one. And it was the only one so it didn't last for long.

A hurt, disillusioned and disenchanted Axl alone cannot cope with running that monster. And he is not the kind of guy who would build another relationship as close with the new people. I think he is not a person that it is easy to get close with at all. Plus, now he is too old to build that kind of friendships - such tight bonds are only built when we are young. And theirs was really one of a kind, they were not only young, they also found themselves in very special circumstances that cannnot be reenacted.

So Axl was meant to fail and unfortunately he did.

Slash and Duff are very different individuals, they will always cope easier, they're more easy going, more open to people, more laid back.. So they're coping much better though the split was a great blow to Slash too, as he never even tried to hide. But he survived, his music is shit yet he's making it and living it somehow. Axl can't and won't. Sadly. But as far as I'm concerned that's how it is.

• Like 4

I don't reckon there is an opportunity to grasp. They were doing the same thing prior to the release of Chinese Democracy. The only good thing about this whole saga is that whatever Axl releases, he will most likely sound outstanding yet again, with the majority of it being recorded when he was in his 30's. I think that is why I'm still around, I'm still intrigued about all of those interesting titles and stories that surrounded Chinese Democracy years before there was any official track list. Hit wise, I don't think that is much of an issue anymore. But, a song like Street of Dreams should have been a hit. It just has that same sort of style (just better lyrically and musically) as most of the Piano orientated tracks that were big in the 2000's. That stumped me, but I get that the GN'R banner has a lot of baggage which could have played a part in most of Chinese Democracy being avoided by the general public. For example, a guy I met was asking me what music I liked and when I mentioned Guns N' Roses, he mentioned Get In The Ring. I told him how much of a turd that song is, and asked him if he had ever checked out Chinese Democracy. He had heard all the stories and myths behind it all, but never gave it a listen, and he was shocked at how good Street of Dreams was. Things like that. Rarely do I have a conversation with someone about how good an album is, mainly because the majority of people have only heard a single from whatever album and don't actually give the whole product a try, which is shit. I always felt that was the beauty of Chinese Democracy, it was a really good album that played along really well.