Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

1 hour ago, drtydane said:

Best short dog album?

I think it is. But I like all his old albums. I actually put Get In up there with all the other great west coast albums back in the day. If I had to make a west coast top 10 or something, I'd put it in there.

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

$hort Doggs best work was that really really early 80s stuff.  That trunk of a car stuff.  

He really doesn't get enough credit. From selling tapes out the trunk  to something like 20 albums, a bunch of them multi platinum. And without radio or tv or top hits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

He really doesn't get enough credit. From selling tapes out the trunk  to something like 20 albums, a bunch of them multi platinum. And without radio or tv or top hits.

I remember buying this like 3 CD thing, was it 3 or 2, i dunno but it basically this CD of tons of his early shit, thats the best Short i heard, I think it was actually a greatest hits thing, dating from like 83 to 89 or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits,_Vol._1:_The_Player_Years,_1983%E2%80%931988

There it is!  I think i had it on tape.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I remember buying this like 3 CD thing, was it 3 or 2, i dunno but it basically this CD of tons of his early shit, thats the best Short i heard, I think it was actually a greatest hits thing, dating from like 83 to 89 or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits,_Vol._1:_The_Player_Years,_1983%E2%80%931988

There it is!  I think i had it on tape.

I had that shit. With the gold rubber on the cover :lol:

• Like 1

That Big L freestyle is sick.

"You ain't a leader what? nobody followed you, you was never shit your mother shoulda swallowed you"

"far from broke I got enough bread, and mad hoes ask Beavis I get nothin but head"

The whole thing is quotable.

• Like 1

I've been on the biggest Pac binge of my life lately...listening to all the OG version of his post-humorous releases, in addition to Me Against The World (which is a fucking masterpiece).

Seriously crazy to think he was in his early 20's when he recorded this:

Even crazier? Nas was 17 when he wrote this verse!

• Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, Crazyman said:

I've been on the biggest Pac binge of my life lately...listening to all the OG version of his post-humorous releases, in addition to Me Against The World (which is a fucking masterpiece).

Seriously crazy to think he was in his early 20's when he recorded this.

Imo, Me Against the World is not only Pac's best, but one of the best rap albums ever. That is some deep, prophetic shit he was on with that album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't know who this is but i like it :)

Oh he's only one of the best producers ever and maybe only Dre should be above him as far as west coast producers go. Other than that, he's nobody :lol:

One of the greatest diss tracks of all time. Quick absolutely killed it.

• Like 2

Me Against the World gives me a certain feeling. Deeper than nostalgia, and it's the same feeling every time. Masterpiece is the correct word Crazyman.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 2

Old school?, fuck no a few weeks old but close your eyes and it's sounds like it's 1995, i'm feelin this one. Sounds like a cross between Mighty Healthy and Incarcerated Scarfaces

I'm nice, i hit targets whenever i squeeze

Don status get my dick sucked whenever i please

Above the law brick, beat cases don't cop pleas

I buy my cars, but ya'll n!ggahs whips be leased

I'm a wolf on the loose, somebody find this leash

I'm a star yous a starburst sweeter than fruit

No kinda background you claimed killa but who did you shoot

Must'a imagined that with your far fetched raps

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 3