Robin Finck - Official website

..what's the main image of anyway? i can make out part of a guitar.

Robin Finck used to have a website with stuff going on. Then that vanished to be replaced by an image. After some years I just Google'd it, and spotted there's a slight update that offer's contact details, and links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Not the greatest update in the world.

http://robinfinck.com/

If there is one thing Robin learned from the gnr days, it's being private and recluse like Axl. Think he does the same, goes out places the media ain't hanging or like they won't even reconize him i guess.

Still a cool relaxt guy. Met him in Holland a few years ago :)

If there is one thing Robin learned from the gnr days, it's being private and recluse like Axl. Think he does the same, goes out places the media ain't hanging or like they won't even reconize him i guess.

The media isn't hanging around trying to get pictures of Finck. Outside of these boards and maybe some hardcore NIN fans,nobody would know who he is.

• Like 1

How you met him? after a show or he was just roaming around and you were like its ROBIN FINK!!!

I met him backstage a few times on the 2006 tour, he's actually pretty cool. I remember he told us a story about how he couldn't get in at the MSG 2002 because he had lots of clothes on (there was a snow storm back then), and the security guards didn't recognize him and he forgot his pass. He finally managed to get in not long before the show.

I liked what he brought to the band in 2006 on tour!

I met him backstage a few times on the 2006 tour, he's actually pretty cool. I remember he told us a story about how he couldn't get in at the MSG 2002 because he had lots of clothes on (there was a snow storm back then), and the security guards didn't recognize him and he forgot his pass. He finally managed to get in not long before the show.

If CD ll will see the light of day, my guess is it will have at least a few more great Robin solos and probably songs he wrote hopefully in the caliber of Better.

Edited by Rovim

Thank you, yes for me he brought a lot of energy, attitude and I liked his stage presence, more in 2006 than in 2002. I attended shows on both tours and could really tell the difference, he was probably more comfortable too.

What did he even bring to the band in 2006 than growing his hair and beard?

To me, he brought a LOT more attitude to the band in 2006:

https://youtu.be/V7Nvhj8kBUA?t=68

Just my personal opinion, he did have the same amount of energy and attitude back in 2002 also, cant say about his guitar playing in covering songs from 2002 and 2006, but he did compose some amazing stuff for GNR and when you think about NIN in terms of guitar, Fink is the first person who comes in my mind.

Btw did any one of you bought his stuff from GNR when he put them on Ebay after he left the band?

Just my personal opinion, he did have the same amount of energy and attitude back in 2002 also, cant say about his guitar playing in covering songs from 2002 and 2006, but he did compose some amazing stuff for GNR and when you think about NIN in terms of guitar, Fink is the first person who comes in my mind.

Btw did any one of you bought his stuff from GNR when he put them on Ebay after he left the band?

I couldn't afford any of it, but I wanted that wine red LP custom badly.

• Like 1

He's fucking awesome, he brought a lot to the band in terms of sound, compositions and stage presence.

The guy doesn't fake it, he's not a douchebag posseur trying to be cool, he just has "it", he's not trying to be anyone else but himself.

Of course he's not the blues player Slash is, he's got his own style and I sure miss having him in GNR. Also, NIN feels incomplete without him.

He did record a lot of stuff for GNR, he said he recorded some really nice stuff which is somewhere, most prob. in the vault, if Axl plans to release an album soon, there would be stuff from Fink also and as for NIN, yeah it is incomplete without him, when he rejoined NIN and they played some songs, I guess it was from the AOL sessions or something, i was like yeah HE IS BACK.

He's fucking awesome, he brought a lot to the band in terms of sound, compositions and stage presence.

The guy doesn't fake it, he's not a douchebag posseur trying to be cool, he just has "it", he's not trying to be anyone else but himself.

Of course he's not the blues player Slash is, he's got his own style and I sure miss having him in GNR. Also, NIN feels incomplete without him.

He seems like a legit weirdo. Bucket is a dude who, I think, works at building a mythology of weirdness around himself. Robin just seems like a weird dude who legitimately doesn't care about how he's perceived. Robin feels far more natural. Compare his image to that of Bucket's. One is a guy doing whatever he wants with no cares. The other has spent as much time building a character and story around himself as he has playing music. One is a true free spirit. The other is a slave to the image he created specifically to avoid such a thing.

• Like 1

The other has spent as much time building a character and story around himself as he has playing music.

You mean the guy who releases an album every week? Yeah. I wish he'd spend more time on his craft.

And yet, he's known as the weird guy with the chicken bucket on his head, not the guy who releases 400 albums in a year. Which was the opposite of his intention starting the Buckethead alter ego. People focus on his looks and the mythology of his weirdness more than his music.

The other has spent as much time building a character and story around himself as he has playing music.

You mean the guy who releases an album every week? Yeah. I wish he'd spend more time on his craft.

And yet, he's known as the weird guy with the chicken bucket on his head, not the guy who releases 400 albums in a year. Which was the opposite of his intention starting the Buckethead alter ego. People focus on his looks and the mythology of his weirdness more than his music.

I'd say that most people pay attention to neither. His music isn't obscure because he wears a KFC bucket; it's obscure because he makes instrumental guitar music and no one gives a shit about that.

• Like 2