GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, KiraMPD said:

It's not that he's not hanging out with the rest of the band. He doesn't seem to be going out at all, even with TB. But if you want to put that under the generic umbrella of Axl being "a dick", then fine...

How do we know that? Maybe he does while the band is being photographed elsewhere. So far we only know he didn't go out with TB once for the F1 event, no other cases I know of.

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

How do we know that? Maybe he does while the band is being photographed elsewhere. So far we only know he didn't go out with TB once for the F1 event, no other cases I know of.

Because in this day and age we would have seen something on social media? Because according to @dgnr Beta said "Axl doesn't leave the room too often"? Although I could understand if you don't consider Beta a reliable source... A bunch of other reports that have come out so far suggest that Axl is not leaving the hotel at least.

But maybe your right! Maybe Axl is secretly going out with and living it up with his "other friends". He's never been spotted cuz he's such a master of disguise dontcha know!

• Like 2

At best, this could mean Axl is an introvert who needs a lot of space and time on his own (and Axl has talked about being introverted and needing his space). At worst its indicative of depression or something else going on (also something Axl has talked about: "I was so depressed I felt I couldn't leave my house"). It might even be some kind of medical or psychological issue we have no idea about. Or maybe he's just too tired to bother going anywhere, because it's a huge hassle to go anywhere with and for Axl, according to Craig Duswalt. After 30 years of this, it's kind of understandable. Or all of the above. Or something completely different. Who knows. But this whole "Axl's just an arrogant dick" hysteria is just that... hysteria. It's the plane nonsense all over again. People then were quick to say "Lord Axl feels he's above sharing a plane with the rest of the guys" as well, when in reality he apparently had a good reason for not being on that plane and has been flying with the rest of the band ever since.

Actually what you call hysteria is something I immediately see happening whenever anyone dares to criticize Axl. There must be millions of reasons he doesn't do this or that - mental illnesses, depressions, secret workings of the evil spirits, the presence of wives (who are now absent by the way) or whatever while in fact the simple answer might be he is an arrogant dick at least to the point that he prefers the company of his ass-kissing servants nad people paid by them to entertain him rather than the company of normal people like his band - be it Slash or Duff or Fortus or Frank - all of them seem pretty normal people.

As for what he did with Nu-GNR or in the 80s - who says he wasn't an arrogant dick then as well? Anyway in the 80s it was to a much lesser extent and also I gave him the benefit of doubt - them people were really high most of the time, he wasn't, which makes things difficult. But it is not the case anymore. Slash and Duff are back, everyone is getting along great and Axl still keeps away from all of them, staying in his own luxurious hotel rock star bubble.

It seems there is no single occasion since the beginning of the tour during which Axl would be around the band. But we see him a lot with his own company and partying with intelligent models for which he does not seem too tired, or too ill or too depressed or whatever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I knew it it only make Someone curious N' want to see if I said tht

You can see it

Haha, that wasn't it, right? ;)

About Axl not leaving the house. I have read this since 91 that he doesn't like to go out too often and it kind of enforced during the years. And he himself has been quted several times saying that. So I think it's true. In my mind it makes sense to the rest we know about him.

I must be an arrogant dick too cause I didnt get outside more often like Axl did :wow: Too bad I dont have ass-kissing servants to entertain Me :unsure: 

N' maybe all introvert People are arrogant dick too :wow: 

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Haha, that wasn't it, right? ;)

What? Make People curious? Well~ Maybe yes maybe no :awesomeface:

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Asia said:

It's pretty obvious if you follow Axl's entourage on Instagram and if you read what fans in the various countries they're staying at have to say. It's nearly always the same- everyone (including TB) is out and about, but Axl is never seen.

I can also confirm that from personal experience. Axl and ACDC were in Vienna for a week and I hung around the area they were staying at for a couple of days, and I talked to the papparazzi, ACDC fans etc. there who were also lurking about.

I saw everyone - Fernando, Vanessa, Vanessa's husband and kid, their nanny, Axl's bodyguard, Axl's physical therapist, Angus, Angus' wife, all the other guys in ACDC - being out and about every day. They constantly walked around to go shopping, sightseeing, to go out to eat, to walk the dog, to jog, they went to the zoo, they did all kinds of things. Even Beta went out sightseeing at least once that I know of.

But you know what Axl did? Nothing. He didn't leave his hotel room for an entire damn week (except to go to the show).

He would have had plenty of occasions to go out with TB. He could have gone to the zoo with them. He could have visited the churches they visited with them. He could have joined them in their shopping trips or when they went out to eat. (It would even have been relatively easy and hassle free for him. Not too many people would have recognized him or cared around here. Angus walked around with no problems and no bodyguards every day.)

But Axl didn't do any of that. On one day I asked Vanessa if Axl was going to come out today. She replied "No, Axl isn't going to come out today." And I could already tell by the way she said that that Axl wasn't going to come out any other day either. Which turned out to be true.

And I've read similar things from fans all over the world, it's (nearly) always the same.

Axl not going out has nothing to do with Slash or Duff. Like @KiraMPD and @Frey said, he doesn't go out with anyone, not even his own entourage most of the time.

And yes, I do find that worrisome as well.

1 hour ago, KiraMPD said:

Because in this day and age we would have seen something on social media? Because according to @dgnr Beta said "Axl doesn't leave the room too often"? Although I could understand if you don't consider Beta a reliable source... A bunch of other reports that have come out so far suggest that Axl is not leaving the hotel at least.

But maybe your right! Maybe Axl is secretly going out with and living it up with his "other friends". He's never been spotted cuz he's such a master of disguise dontcha know!

And also this, yes.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

You know, I joined this thread because I wanted to get away from all the negativity floating around the internet concerning this band and it's members.....I guess I failed on that front :shrugs:  If you say you're a fan, why come on a platform like this and make hateful comments? It makes no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

You know, I joined this thread because I wanted to get away from all the negativity floating around the internet concerning this band and it's members.....I guess I failed on that front :shrugs:  If you say you're a fan, why come on a platform like this and make hateful comments? It makes no sense to me.

Because nobody's perfect, you know? Including even the high and mighty Axl, and there is no obligation written in stone that being a fan of his MUST mean being totally uncritical and in total support of everything he says or does. Why saying that this or that behavior of his is shitty or is pissing somebody off must necessairily evoke an outburst of hysteria on everyne else's part? Is this a fan forum or a new religion? Is he a musician and performer or is he a god or a saint?

I've defended Axl much more than I've critisized him even in those years when everyone bashed him mecilessly but that doesn't mean I have to like everything he does or consider him flawless.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

Because nobody's perfect, you know? Including even the high and mighty Axl, and there is no obligation written in stone that being a fan of his MUST mean being totally uncritical and in total support of everything he says or does. Why saying that this or that behavior of his is shitty or is pissing somebody off must necessairily evoke an outburst of hysteria on everyne else's part? Is this a fan forum or a new religion? Is he a musician and performer or is he a god or a saint?

I've defended Axl much more than I've critisized him even in those years when everyone bashed him mecilessly but that doesn't mean I have to like everything he does or consider him flawless.

@Asia.....I wasn't singling you out just making a general statement. But if you took personal offense then so be it. I just think this is not the place for that sort of thing.

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

@Asia.....I wasn't singling you out just making a general statement. But if you took personal offense then so be it. I just think this is not the place for that sort of thing.

Of course I didn't take an offence, it is just a discussion on a message board, why would I feel offended? I was just trying to answer your question. As for what the place is for - well where does it say it is a place in which we do not criticize the band members? I can't see it written anywhere. But if there is such need, it is probably possible to create a thread where all Axl criticism is strictly forbidden. No problem.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Actually what you call hysteria is something I immediately see happening whenever anyone dares to criticize Axl. There must be millions of reasons he doesn't do this or that - mental illnesses, depressions, secret workings of the evil spirits, the presence of wives (who are now absent by the way) or whatever while in fact the simple answer might be he is an arrogant dick at least to the point that he prefers the company of his ass-kissing servants nad people paid by them to entertain him rather than the company of normal people like his band - be it Slash or Duff or Fortus or Frank - all of them seem pretty normal people.

As for what he did with Nu-GNR or in the 80s - who says he wasn't an arrogant dick then as well? Anyway in the 80s it was to a much lesser extent and also I gave him the benefit of doubt - them people were really high most of the time, he wasn't, which makes things difficult. But it is not the case anymore. Slash and Duff are back, everyone is getting along great and Axl still keeps away from all of them, staying in his own luxurious hotel rock star bubble.

It seems there is no single occasion since the beginning of the tour during which Axl would be around the band. But we see him a lot with his own company and partying with intelligent models for which he does not seem too tired, or too ill or too depressed or whatever.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

True.

@SerenityScorp I've seen your insta, very nice drawings:thumbsup:

Not true.

There's no hysteria in giving someone the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically assuming the worst about them. Especially when the people who are always quick to assume the worst about Axl are the same ones that immediately get their panties in a twist when someone dares to assume the worst about Izzy or Steven (ie. all the constant outrage over people suggesting Steven's unreliable and could easily fall off the wagon again). 

And no, we actually don't see him a lot with TB or partying with intelligent models. I think these occasions can be counted on one or two hands. In a tour that has been going on for months. Not a lot at all for a single guy who could party and live it up every single day if he wanted to. As I and other people have pointed out and described in this thread, he doesn't even go out with TB most of the time.

Also, Axl was talking about not going out of his house during the hiatus years in the 90s and the years leading up to 2006 because he was too depressed and felt like he couldn't, not about hanging out with NuGNR people. Izzy has said the same thing about Axl never going anywhere and it not being healthy. Slash has also mentioned Axl never going anywhere. Marc has talked about Axl needing professional help. Duff also thinks Axl suffers from mental health issues and can't really help being the way he is. Youth (? or some other guy involved with CD) has talked about following Axl around the house and banging spoons together behind him to get him to react. Does any of this sound like normal behavior to you? Shuffling around the house like a zombie with some guy banging spoons behind you to rip you out of your apathy/depression and never leaving your hidey-hole mansion because you feel that you "can't"? That sounds pretty serious to me and Axl himself, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Marc and people who worked with Axl should know better than anyone here.

53 minutes ago, Asia said:

And I've probably criticized Axl more than I've defended him (I'm literally the guy who got shit here for calling Axl a serial rapist), and I still think you're way off base. It's not about being uncritical or supporting everything Axl does. There's simply no evidence for thinking the reason Axl hides away from everyone is him being an arrogant dick, but plenty of evidence indicating different reasons for his strange behavior.

Edited by Frey

Not true.

There's no hysteria in giving someone the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically assuming the worst about them. Especially when the people who are always quick to assume the worst about Axl are the same ones that immediately get their panties in a twist when someone dares to assume the worst about Izzy or Steven (ie. all the constant outrage over people suggesting Steven's unreliable and could easily fall off the wagon again). 

And no, we actually don't see him a lot with TB or partying with intelligent models. I think these occasions can be counted on one or two hands. In a tour that has been going on for months. Not a lot at all for a single guy who could party and live it up every single day if he wanted to. As I and other people have pointed out and described in this thread, he doesn't even go out with TB most of the time.

Also, Axl was talking about not going out of his house during the hiatus years in the 90s and the years leading up to 2006 because he was too depressed and felt like he couldn't, not about hanging out with NuGNR people. Izzy has said the same thing about Axl never going anywhere and it not being healthy. Slash has also mentioned Axl never going anywhere. Marc has talked about Axl needing professional help. Duff also seems to think Axl suffers from mental health issues and can't really help being the way he is. Youth (? or some other guy involved with CD) has talked about following Axl around the house and banging spoons together behind him to get him to react. Does any of this sound like normal behavior to you? Shuffling around the house like a zombie with some guy banging spoons behind you to rip you out of your apathy/depression and never leaving your hidey-hole mansion because you feel that you "can't"? That sounds pretty serious to me and Axl himself, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Marc and people who worked with Axl should know better than anyone here.

First of all you're confusing things. The fact that he was depressed in the hiatus years does not necesarily mean that he is depressed now, nothing seems to suggest that. So even if that was the reason he wasn't going out then, it doesn't mean it is the same reason now. The fact that we don't see him partying all that often also doesn't mean much, considering he probably does it in his hotel room without anyone from the outside taking pictures. And it is not me not giving the benefit of the doubt, to the contrary, it is those who immediately see deep psychological reasons behind it. It is not entirely impossible, I admit, but the simple explanation that he just prefers to spend time with paid for entertainers and ass-lickers is just as plausible. No reason to get all wired up about this. He always enjoyed the company of assholes crawling up his butt or big celebrities that made him feel very important. A singer disease, they call it. And Axl always suffered from a very serious case of it. Don't think he ever fully recovered.

Also I'm not nor have ever been defending Izzy or Steven, to the contrary, I'm far from that.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:
2 hours ago, Asia said:

It's pretty obvious if you follow Axl's entourage on Instagram and if you read what fans in the various countries they're staying at have to say. It's nearly always the same- everyone (including TB) is out and about, but Axl is never seen.

I can also confirm that from personal experience. Axl and ACDC were in Vienna for a week and I hung around the area they were staying at for a couple of days, and I talked to the papparazzi, ACDC fans etc. there who were also lurking about.

I saw everyone - Fernando, Vanessa, Vanessa's husband and kid, their nanny, Axl's bodyguard, Axl's physical therapist, Angus, Angus' wife, all the other guys in ACDC - being out and about every day. They constantly walked around to go shopping, sightseeing, to go out to eat, to walk the dog, to jog, they went to the zoo, they did all kinds of things. Even Beta went out sightseeing at least once that I know of.

But you know what Axl did? Nothing. He didn't leave his hotel room for an entire damn week (except to go to the show).

He would have had plenty of occasions to go out with TB. He could have gone to the zoo with them. He could have visited the churches they visited with them. He could have joined them in their shopping trips or when they went out to eat. (It would even have been relatively easy and hassle free for him. Not too many people would have recognized him or cared around here. Angus walked around with no problems and no bodyguards every day.)

But Axl didn't do any of that. On one day I asked Vanessa if Axl was going to come out today. She replied "No, Axl isn't going to come out today." And I could already tell by the way she said that that Axl wasn't going to come out any other day either. Which turned out to be true.

And I've read similar things from fans all over the world, it's (nearly) always the same.

Axl not going out has nothing to do with Slash or Duff. Like @KiraMPD and @Frey said, he doesn't go out with anyone, not even his own entourage most of the time.

And yes, I do find that worrisome as well.

2 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

And also this, yes.

Good points, girls.

In this day and age, we'd know nearly every time he goes anywhere (in fact we do get pictures and reports of that usually). There are always fans or photographers lurking around.

What concerns me is that Beta doesn't seem to see anything wrong with Axl holing up in his hotel room for weeks at a time, while she and her family go on outings and adventures.

But then again, Beta also didn't see anything wrong with letting Axl stick with Yoda and blaming Slash for everything instead of getting him actual, real help for his issues.

Also thanks @dgnr for always translating shit for us. It's good to have someone around who can tell us more about what's coming out of TB's mouths.

14 minutes ago, Asia said:

First of all you're confusing things. The fact that he was depressed in the hiatus years does not necesarily mean that he is depressed now, nothing seems to suggest that. So even if that was the reason he wasn't going out then, it doesn't mean it is the same reason now. The fact that we don't see him partying all that often also doesn't mean much, considering he probably does it in his hotel room without anyone from the outside taking pictures. And it is not me not giving the benefit of the doubt, to the contrary, it is those who immediately see deep psychological reasons behind it. It is not entirely impossible, I admit, but the simple explanation that he just prefers to spend time with paid for entertainers and ass-lickers is just as plausible. No reason to get all wired up about this. He always enjoyed the company of assholes crawling up his butt or big celebrities that made him feel very important. A singer disease, they call it. And Axl always suffered from a very serious case of it. Don't think he ever fully recovered.

Also I'm not nor have ever been defending Izzy or Steven, to the contrary, I'm far from that.

I wasn't saying you specifically were one of the people who can't bear criticism of Steven and Izzy, just that I've noticed that a lot of the people who are quick to assume the worst about Axl (or Slash or Duff) are usually the same ones who get up in arms about anyone being less than optimistic about Steven and so on.

And I'm not confusing things. Mental health issues never really go away. They fluctuate over time, and they can be controlled with medication to an extent, which sometimes works well and other times it doesn't work so well, but they don't really go away completely. Right now Axl seems to be doing pretty well (regardless of whether he's currently taking meds or not). He's on time, doing a lot of things right and he seems happy on stage at least. So we can all agree he's doing better than in all these dark years. But that doesn't mean he isn't still struggling with anxiety, depression or whatever else Marc Canter/Alan Niven/Doug Goldstein/Duff/Slash/Izzy and various other people have claimed he suffers from. It's a life-long problem.

Axl being surrounded by tons of predatory creeps has been discussed here before and I agree with whoever said that Axl attracts these kinds of people like flies because he is easy prey for them. And he's ridiculously naive (I believe @Blackstar presented some evidence for that once during the discussions about Axl's intelligence) and shit at judging people's character (likely due to his childhood), so you've got the perfect recipe for disaster right there.